Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spacebux: Why Spacebux is Broken, and Why It's Killing the Zone (WARNING: LONG ESSAY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about only allowing all the uber-items under a prerequisite? Maybe you'll need to hold a 2:1 kill ratio to be able to use super? Or how about only being able to buy shields if you HAVE the flag and only being able to super if you DON'T HAVE the flag? How about only the players with the most points in the arena be able to purchase blindness and slow-down and strike base? How does it sound to only be able to buy super-lev when you are in base? Do these suggestions sound worthy of trying out for a week(end) or two to see how many people like(and dislike) the change?

Comment

:O
      because i don't need to still be playing to understand that you're spouting bullshit
      damn i lose

Comment

Why wouldn't we just set up a 2-3 week long running poll and zoner like crazy for everyone to vote?

Maybe we can finally put an end to all this spacebux controversy.
        4:BigKing> xD
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
        4:BigKing> xD

Comment

I dont pub often.. but when I do..I just fly around killing whatever without thinking.

People are making it sound like pub was amazing and problem-free when there was no spacebux... multiple changes have been made to pub to try and "fix" pub.

I think the spacebux can be abused, but the competitive nature it brings also has a positive. Spacebux gives people an incentive to duel which brings more shit talk to the table! (= more fun)

A few changes need to be made, but to remove the whole system is too drastic of a change imo.
          1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
          JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
          1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
          http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

A possible spacebux outlet: A zoner message of your choice, anything you want. If it's deemed unacceptable, it goes through anyway and you cannot be punished for it. ($1m)

Comment

I'm probably one of the least active participants in pub, but I'll voice my opinion because part of the reason I don't play pub is because it's not enjoyable to me.

What about getting rid of all the spacebux crap, all of the thors and everything else unnatural that doesn't exist outside of pub and going back to the way pub was before all of this? I happened to be in pub a week or two ago when someone was asking for help on how to play TW. I decided to help them and shortly realized that I didn't even know what the hell was going on in pub. I was getting slowed down, thorred, the graphics were ridiculously annoying. I'm confident that if I were introduced to this game right now and played pub, I'd probably just quit. I continued to show that person how to play in a private arena because pub was too annoying and different.

I don't know exactly when this stuff was changed, I'm going to guess it's been a few years. The difference between pub and twd is drastic. Between the graphics and the actual gameplay, it's like pub is a different zone. Just throwing it out there as an option to go back to the tried and true method that the game was started upon, the settings and graphics that got the game to be the largest zone in the first place.

I'm very aware that I might be in the minority on this opinion but I'll throw it out there anyway.
              1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
              3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
              3:Best> see it coming
              3:Best> sad

Comment

I would not be against reverting back to normal. May need to think of something to pacify those who donated real money for spacebux though.

Comment

I asked the players in pub yesterday how they felt about getting rid of pub bucks completely. 100% of them said that they loved pub bucks.

As I stated above, the best solution seems to be creating 2 pub arenas. One with Pub Bucks and one without. We know it's possible because it's been done before, we just have to figure out how to do it again.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
                    I asked the players in pub yesterday how they felt about getting rid of pub bucks completely. 100% of them said that they loved pub bucks.

As I stated above, the best solution seems to be creating 2 pub arenas. One with Pub Bucks and one without. We know it's possible because it's been done before, we just have to figure out how to do it again.

I can see this not working. It's prime time and there are more people in spec in pub than there are not in spec (35 to 34) so good luck filling two arenas with two teams that will base.

Say the default pub has pub cash. Good luck getting enough people to care enough to switch to the pub without pub cash, the pub with less people.

Say the default pub doesn't have pub cash. I can see the one with pub cash having no basing, just people in spawn, people who come to the arena just for killothon then go back to the main pub. What's the point of having money if you have nothing to use it on?

It has to be all or nothing. Both won't work. Besides, it isn't the money that's ruining it, it's the stupid rewards that so many people are complaining about but you guys refuse to change. Get rid of lame nuke bases FFS and team warps, Thor is enough to wipe a base but still give people a chance to survive. Being able to buy your team into base was fun, it gave both teams a chance. But jesus christ, get rid of nukebase.

Edit:

Oh, and also, if you plan on capping pubs again to 35, you will have people bitching that they can't play the mode they want.
                    Last edited by angry.chair; 01-04-2012, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Besides, the playerbase just isnt large is enough to support two different pubs..
                      (Children)>hunted for life
                      (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                      :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

you guys already let the pussy outta the bags and now you have to s;paceship it anyways

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme View Post
                          Besides, the playerbase just isnt large is enough to support two different pubs..
                          Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
                          I know of a solution that came up for this came up in an upperstaff meeting; creating 2 pubs. 1 for "pure basing", the other for pub bucks. I'm not sure if we have the active playerbase to make this work but it's worth a try.
                          I already said that...

Worth a try though. I honestly don't think there's enough people that DON'T want SpaceBucks to fill the non-SpaceBucks pub.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
                          The 10% that don't get their way are always the loudest.

We'll do it and see what happens; I don't think it will hurt it either way.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

i once played the basing game in pub, was pretty fun to really try to break the line and play a good flagroom battle, then out of nowhere, hundreds of bursts destroyed my team. I never played the flag-game again.

Then I played the good old wb and pretty much got owned by people pricing themselves full-charges. I don't think I will play pub again unless I'm heavily influenced by alcohol.

Solution? make pub pub again.

Atleast I got a good laugh out of this thread: Paradise telling Izor he is ruining pub because he doesn't play the basing-game. How cute, when did you start playing again?
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Whats also funny is how everyone thinks the "old pub" is the solution when the old pub was being bitched about too. lulllz
                              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

I don't think the old pub is the solution... a compromise between the old pub and the new one would probably help but there is no knowing solutions without trying some things out first. The solution is inevitably a utopia.

Comment

Working...
                                X