Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spacebux: Why Spacebux is Broken, and Why It's Killing the Zone (WARNING: LONG ESSAY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
    And burnt...... in your calculation how is the average $$/kill = $5? A kill in spawn is $2.
    a warbird killing a warbird in spawn is $2. if your team has the flag, it's $5. not that it matters, but the $5 average is quite low. killing a spider as a spider in mid while your team controls the flag awards $16, and I believe another $5 on top of that if you do it in the flag room.

the important thing to consider is that the money isn't being created for these events. it's being donated by other players and/or coming directly out of the host's pocket. if anything, these events are decreasing the rate of money being created since people who would have otherwise been playing pub and creating money with each kill are instead playing the event.

anyway, I agree with people saying 40k is a lot to go to one person. I'd rather see the top 2-3 players be rewarded, even if it's something like 30k, 8k, 2k. it also gives people an incentive to stick around after the event to collect their prize money, rather than go back to afking/pub when they know they won't win the grand prize. this would make it more likely for them to play the next event as well, and would help increase overall event activity.

also, fis owes me some money for an event I won last week, so pay up

Comment

Working...
    X