Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spacebux: Why Spacebux is Broken, and Why It's Killing the Zone (WARNING: LONG ESSAY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LF View Post
    Dezmond used an entire box of tissues to get me removed from staff for disagreeing with him.
    he does this with everyone
    youre the 5th person to get removed

he also emptied out dev, theres noone left
    dont have to worry about any scary new changes anymore
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Is that why the duel function is coded so poorly and easily lends itself to shipchange and !challenge abuse? Anyway someones finally been listening to me to raise FC to 1k. It's pretty much an instakill on whoever you're hunting and theres virtually no reason to use it other than hunting people
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
        Is that why the duel function is coded so poorly and easily lends itself to shipchange and !challenge abuse? Anyway someones finally been listening to me to raise FC to 1k. It's pretty much an instakill on whoever you're hunting and theres virtually no reason to use it other than hunting people
        it's good for keeping the competition in fr. keeps thing constant. a terr lasts longer if he snags a fc here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cojafoji View Post
          it's good for keeping the competition in fr. keeps thing constant. a terr lasts longer if he snags a fc here and there.
          I find that FCs are most often used for other things. Like firing 2 shots in immediate succession. It's immensely frustrating to try and kill an X as a WB and suddenly die because the X that shot and missed immediately fires again when you don't expect it.

Can FCs be used for good things? Yes, and your post is an example. But the Spacebux system readily lends itself to abuse, and that's a major problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cojafoji View Post
            terrs should rely on normal team greens for that though, i used to have an eat greens macro when i lacked a port when terred in the flag room to try and get the team aware that them eating greens also gives the terr ports/burts/fc

that also makes it feel more of a team game imo
            In my world,
            I am King

sigpic

Comment

who in the cock raging fgt signs their posts.... JESUS H CHRIST
              2:Crunchy Nut> some say he never blinks
              2:Audit> some say he hasn't had a bowel movement in 10 years
              2:Crunchy Nut> all we know is
              2:Crunchy Nut> he's called FLION
              1:FarScape> i was about to go out for a date
              1:FarScape> and she got pms
              1:Melanoma> private messages?
              1:FarScape> no
              1:FarScape> psm?
              1:FarScape> how does it called
              1:ajks> PMSsing
              1:FarScape> what women have ever month
              1:Melanoma> bloody vagina?
              1:FarScape> yea
              1:FarScape> lol
              1:FarScape> didnt want to say that
              1: Davie> its so disappointing
              1: Davie> when you get a message on a dating site
              1: Davie> and find out the person who sent it is either fat, ugly, or both
              1: Davie> ten ton tess who describes herself as average build
              1: Davie> you wanna message back saying "what fucking mirror did you look in"
              1:Undercut> ROFL

Comment

WEEKEND EVENT STARTING IN 4 MINUTES!!! Winner gets 40k PUBBUX!! Type ?go tanks2 to play! -XXXX

Who controlls these??
                Who deserves 40k pubies from single event?

Hand out a few thousand thats okay but seriously, talk about inflation

Comment

Originally posted by Steep View Post
                  now youre thinking properly
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Steep View Post
                    WEEKEND EVENT STARTING IN 4 MINUTES!!! Winner gets 40k PUBBUX!! Type ?go tanks2 to play! -XXXX

Who controlls these??
                    Who deserves 40k pubies from single event?

Well recently a lot of people have been donating their pub bux to the winner of events, not creating the money out of thin air (thus causing inflation.) Since this was a planned weekend event it may have been different however (last weekend I received 15k from staff (meaning they created it) for MVPing WW3.) But I would like to show you some statistics that will show 40k for an event is not excessive. Say there was 40 people playing an event for 30 minutes. Now compare that to 40 people playing pub for 30 minutes. Say each player averages 2 kills per minute and each kill is worth an average of $5. 5 x 2 x 30 x 40 = $12000. Say in that 30 minutes the flag game is won 3 times and gives an average bonus of $300 per player. so that's $300 * 20 * 3 = $18000. Add in another $3000 for achievement bonuses and u get a total of $33000 for the 30 minutes. So giving away 40k for an event is only a small amount more than all those people combined would get playing pub for that time. I'd say awarding even 2-3 times the amount you would get in pub for a weekend event is reasonable.

TL;DR - Remember it's only 40k for one person, so if there are 40 people they are only giving out 1k per entry. 1k for say a 30 minute event is not a lot, since you can easily get that in pub with a little effort.

Comment

Pub in 30 min --> get x
                      Event for 30 min with 40 ppl and win---> get 40x

Sounds like 2 much 2 me.
                      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

If this is not done already- instead of creating money out of thin air and awarding this to the winner, they should use the money that Tw-pub1 accumulates as people give money to this bot to buy things (so no money is being created). So far the bot has almost 400k... events and reward amounts could be carried out regularly but in a way that tw-pub1 doesn't ever lose money below 350k. They could probably work out how much money is given each day to Tw-pub1 (E.g. 20k-30k)... if this was the case they could host an event for 20-30k each week and the Tw-pub1 will still profit in total per week.

Sorry i'm editing this post knowing that money doesn't seem to go to tw-pub1 when you buy things. I don't yet know where the money goes to lol but there must be some a collection to somewhere where this idea can still apply.
                        Last edited by Fork; 01-22-2012, 03:52 AM.
                        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Burnt, wasnt the pubbux created to increase activity in pub, not the events in the first place? And why were all the prizes suddenly increased if not to get rid of all the millionaires we have? To get that greedy pubbux mercenary to join an event, just give a reasonable prize like i said, a few thousand or 10k max. Or if you want big time winnings, make it come from a big time tournament, lets say once a month to the best/most active player of weekend events. This is not a brilliant idea but still better than giving 40k in 30 mins.
                          And what you said about ppl donating money for events, does it mean you have to empty the bank in one occasion. Maybe staff could use only THAT money to advert their events?
                          If you think events and pub should reward ppl similarly, then you just think way different than i do.

Comment

attrackting people to events by giving out pub cash is alright. but true, 40k for one person isnt reasonable. should have split it up, e.g. 10k for mvp, 10k for the winner, 8k for 2nd mvp, etcetc.
                            i'd like to get some "extra cash" to spend in my events so e.g. i could give out 2-3k per host if theres more than 15-20 people playing. but that got sort of denied.

Comment

And burnt...... in your calculation how is the average $$/kill = $5? A kill in spawn is $2.
                              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                                I don't yet know where the money goes to lol
                                its fictional money
                                it doesnt go anywhere
                                when you get a kill, it is created and put in your account
                                when you buy something, it is destroyed

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

Working...
                                X