No announcement yet.

The Truth About Racism And Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin luther king Jr. would be rolling in his grave if he saw how much racism is in a 2d spaceship game.

On a funny sidenote: i reported a guy who's nick was Sars=Chinese. Mythrandir said that that was not bannable. I guess i'll be going around with the name Jew=Die.

Comment

zues jew is short for jewish. I'd be more offended about the holocaust by a word like ****. (you can remove that if you want, it's just so zues knows what i'm trying to say)
      7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
      1:Rough> is radiation an element?
      8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
      Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
      Piston> I own in belim
      6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Regardless of the situation, people arguing both sides here are continuing to forget something I mention in every race issue brought up. I shall repeat it here with large text and colour, hoping that perhaps that is what it will take for it to sink in.

CONTEXT

If you don't get that or how it applies to this or other similar situations, then really stop talking because you are not well enough equipped to enter proper discourse about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage
          Martin luther king Jr. would be rolling in his grave if he saw how much racism is in a 2d spaceship game.

On a funny sidenote: i reported a guy who's nick was Sars=Chinese. Mythrandir said that that was not bannable. I guess i'll be going around with the name Jew=Die.

umm.. if Sars=Chinese is not bannable, then is Aids=African bannable? if you say yes, then staff is corrupted
          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

TK: why dont you tell that to YoMama!!! or PriitK or DoCk> or whoever the fuck created that stupid bot that reports you every single time you say jew or ****** or any racist word.

Comment

isnt this the staff forum? isnt staff supposed to check up on it? i guess they're too good for their own good.

how about this:
              who actually thinks that staff's view on racism is 100% unflawed and 100% correct? i think they need input from the population of TW before they make stupid rules.

take this for example: the speed limit. how many people actually follow the speed limit? do cops bother arresting/ticketing every single person who speeds? i think not. how much public outcry would there be if everyone who ever speeded was given a ticket?

Comment

I invented the word CONTEXT so dont steal it u idea whores.

However, even if u are warned about racism even if u intended the word to be used differently, a warning should suffice. Only someone as stupid as Bilbo would continue to push the limits

Comment

Originally posted by TopGod
                  TK: why dont you tell that to YoMama!!! or PriitK or DoCk> or whoever the fuck created that stupid bot that reports you every single time you say jew or ****** or any racist word.
                  I say that to them and you and everybody else. I've repeated said that cases of racism should always be looked at in terms of context, and that the words themselves aren't necessarily racist, but the ways in which they are used are. Like I said in my previous post, context is something that people on all sides of the issue should look at.

Comment

fine.. context

how is Sars=Chinese not racist? explain
                    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

HAY Top"God." I find ur name ophensive!! god does not exist and having to read a sermon about god in your name every time you chat in continuum (sp??) is many intolrbl! im glad u were banned u r mean!@!
                      'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                      sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

lou <3

i think TW has gotten to the point where if you go into a private arena and say "jew" 20 times, you will get banned.

Comment

I would much rather 10000000000000000000000 people be banned from the spaceship game than 1 person be deeply offended by remarks they interpreted as racist and or hurtful.
                          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                            I think Jew is offensive as the memories of the holocaust and the Nazi persecutions are still vivd
                            i think the word Christian is offensive as the crusades were a baaaaaaaaaaaaad thing. nt though
                            (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                            (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                            \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
                            << evoce >>
                            /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
                            (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
                            (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
                            TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
                            TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

Comment

<sarcasm>I'm offended by all the black text on these forums, and I'm offended that I can't choose the color white in the color box when posting. It's discrimination against white.</sarcasm>
                              gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                              gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                              gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by Evoce
                                i think the word Christian is offensive as the crusades were a baaaaaaaaaaaaad thing. nt though
                                I think the Ottomans gave as good as they got
                                Originally posted by Facetious
                                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                                X