Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMR Corruption Today by the host Greed and players Kesser and VYS were all involved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cubone View Post

So if I'm understanding your question correctly, you're asking why people are upset that they are forced to play with someone that refuses to team and runs out the clock thus making 30 people sit there and do nothing for 20 minutes while a single individual refuses to fight? And not just any individual, but without a doubt the most toxic individual this game has seen who creates a thread on the forum every single time something doesn't go their way. In fact, the same individual that created this very thread you are posting in, to whine about yet another perceived injustice? Is that your question?
    I don't like or agree with her playstyle either but its not like this is anything new. The reason its a problem now is due to MMR everyone waits for the next game and games don't always finish at the same time..... so simple solution is shortening the timer or decreasing the map size. It def doesn't help her case by being an annoying twat with a victim complex ie. purposely putting herself in positions to be tk'd but surely there can be some solution where everyone can play?

also, who are you supposed to be?
    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

• I'd be fine with a shortened timer!

PS. Frog I will admit I chuckled with your video and that game was a shit show. We all did bad, definitely me included.

MMR can be tricky because random teams = random game outcomes. Sort of miss playing with a team where you know each others playstyles intimately. EVERYONE has a style but also random lines can interfere with a team dynamic of each game at hand. I always try my hardest is all I know. Sometimes I lose and it sucks like this game or others I feel like god and do great and we team together well. Both scenarios can happen. There are certain players I gell with better than others too who I rarely lose with. It's weird how it works out. I can use improvement and never said I couldn't get better.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
        I can use improvement and never said I couldn't get better.
        This is a good starting point on how to get unbanned imo.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by kentaro View Post

I don't like or agree with her playstyle either but its not like this is anything new. The reason its a problem now is due to MMR everyone waits for the next game and games don't always finish at the same time..... so simple solution is shortening the timer or decreasing the map size. It def doesn't help her case by being an annoying twat with a victim complex ie. purposely putting herself in positions to be tk'd but surely there can be some solution where everyone can play?

also, who are you supposed to be?
          Why does it have to be this super inclusive thing where you have to adjust rules for the entire event because of a single person abusing them just so that "everyone can play"? Not to mention that multiple hosts have refused to host and players have quit because of this singular person. It's a much simpler and more reasonable solution to ban that single person and let the games continue as normal. Problem solved.

Comment

• I have already submitted a Jav map that will solve some of the issues here. ?go tsljcape.

You can see where the arena gets smaller on radar.

Running 1v3 can be exhilarating but its really only fun for the person running.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	1362962

Comment

• Cool map cape, can I offer some additional changes potentially?, sent on https://forums.trenchwars.com/tsl/mm...rt-of-the-game

Last edited by Asteroid; 01-12-2023, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• I'm all for trying both new maps, but can we get rid of as many straight walls as we can with alternative structures? I'm talking about where you guys have set up the doors. Could be anything creative.
                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                Failure teaches success.
                . â–²
                ▲ ▲

Comment

• Originally posted by Cape View Post
                  I have already submitted a Jav map that will solve some of the issues here. ?go tsljcape.
                  https://forums.trenchwars.com/tsl/mm...rt-of-the-game

Comment

• Jessup I've read through the entire forum post. Here is what I've seen:

1) You spend a lot of time baiting people by calling them abusers, followed by pulling the victim card when someone tells you the truth. Simply put, your play style is annoying and selfish, and it ruins the game for 99% of users that are in-game with you. Noone likes to take deaths that you would incur had you been fighting in the frontline with them.

2) While your victim card is not always baseless, it's difficult to listen to. I have seen people be outright rude to you for the fun of it. I'm not about that, but until you take PUBLIC OWNERSHIP of your strategic faults as a teammate - in any league or match - your cries for help are going to be very hard to hear. Comes off as self-centered.

3) Everyone here has known everyone for 1-2 decades. Nothing in terms of leadership or personalities will change, no matter how many forum posts you make. Surely you know that by now. The most responsible thing for YOU to do is to update your playing style, which would allow you to play and would make the game more enjoyable for everyone. If you can't do that, there is no argument to be made here.
                    Rasaq> thanks, Divine, for allowing me provide my oral support
                    Rasaq> err moral

Comment

• I am officially giving my MMR spot to Jessup. Thank you and good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluff View Post
                        Jessup I've read through the entire forum post. Here is what I've seen:

1) You spend a lot of time baiting people by calling them abusers, followed by pulling the victim card when someone tells you the truth. Simply put, your play style is annoying and selfish, and it ruins the game for 99% of users that are in-game with you. Noone likes to take deaths that you would incur had you been fighting in the frontline with them.

2) While your victim card is not always baseless, it's difficult to listen to. I have seen people be outright rude to you for the fun of it. I'm not about that, but until you take PUBLIC OWNERSHIP of your strategic faults as a teammate - in any league or match - your cries for help are going to be very hard to hear. Comes off as self-centered.

3) Everyone here has known everyone for 1-2 decades. Nothing in terms of leadership or personalities will change, no matter how many forum posts you make. Surely you know that by now. The most responsible thing for YOU to do is to update your playing style, which would allow you to play and would make the game more enjoyable for everyone. If you can't do that, there is no argument to be made here.
                        Nicely summarized response to it all.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Jessup plays like an idiot who ruins the fun in every single game and is punished by doing so by being made fun of daily, just like those who team kill or do anything against the rules towards her are wrong and should definitely be punished. Jessup will be bullied forever until she changes her play style, thing is.. playing like a dumbass isn't against the rules but team killing and doing those things they did ARE against the rules. Not rocket science. If this was 10-20 years ago this would have been a ban in less than a minute, but things like this slide now which is understandable given the low population but still wrong.

Comment

• I'm just a pubber. Nobody cares what I think. I come on these forums sometimes just to read stuff and laugh at Lizzo's 5-star posts.

I have tried playing outside of pub before. The toxicity of the competitive "only important players" drove me out pretty fast. Like everyone claims in this thread, I play to have fun and not to put up with people's ridiculous toxic bullshit.

My perspective on all this from someone on the outside of it... everyone in this thread is an asshole. Seriously, how can you all lack so much self-awareness?

I wouldn't touch MMR with a 10-foot pole, and it's not because of Jessup. I'm not the only one, either. People don't always speak up, especially on this forum. I don't even care if Jessup is completely in the wrong; the level of childish bullying going on here is disgusting. Banter is one thing, that's not what this is.

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by DungBeetle View Post
                                I'm just a pubber. Nobody cares what I think. I come on these forums sometimes just to read stuff and laugh at Lizzo's 5-star posts.

I have tried playing outside of pub before. The toxicity of the competitive "only important players" drove me out pretty fast. Like everyone claims in this thread, I play to have fun and not to put up with people's ridiculous toxic bullshit.

My perspective on all this from someone on the outside of it... everyone in this thread is an asshole. Seriously, how can you all lack so much self-awareness?

I wouldn't touch MMR with a 10-foot pole, and it's not because of Jessup. I'm not the only one, either. People don't always speak up, especially on this forum. I don't even care if Jessup is completely in the wrong; the level of childish bullying going on here is disgusting. Banter is one thing, that's not what this is.
                                I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're fairly new to this game. If you would like a full picture and not just this isolated event, I suggest you look through forums and read some of Jessup's other posts over the past 20 years. You will find a very long string of claims of being victimized/bullied/treated poorly due to everyone else's shortcomings/problems but absolutely none of it is Jessup's fault.

Jessup was picked last in TWDT? It's because all of the captains, including some who hate each other, all had secret meetings and agreed not to pick Jessup. Jessup wasn't added in TWDT? It's because they are bullying Jessup and not because she has a very selfish playstyle that she has refused to change over 20 years (despite many, many vets in the game telling her that her playstyle needs to be fixed).
                                There are many more examples. (TSL/Elim/TWD/TWL)

If Jessup was a brand new player, I might agree, but it's pretty well established by now that she is one of (if not the most) toxic player(s) in the zone. Also, this is Trench Wars, not the Sandals Resort. If someone creates their 40th thread whining about people who should be banned because of another perceived injustice, they are going to get ridiculed and laughed at. The time for nuanced discussions went out the window years ago with Jessup. Trolls get trolled. Welcome to TW

Comment

Working...
                                X