Best Player In Tw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tahkis
    Rumour or not, here is thread of it: http://ssleague.net/forums/index.php...opic=1452&st=0
    From what i read out there it doesn't seem a reasonable reason to ban someone. They basically discovered a way to mix up the udp packages in a way for it to not be noticeable by the server and it produces a lag that resembles the one sika had... so if anyone discovers a way to lag like i do that means im cheating so should be banned?? the logic is flawed. I also can't understand how randomizing the packages would make you lag without someone noticing you were doing it!?!? really i think the result would be quite insane... even in small groups of packages as they point out, also in the thread it almost looks like they were already looking for some years to get a way to get him out for good... it's like they had finally found a way to get him even if it sounds a bit to planned and with someone else's consent...
    anyone reading those posts notices it.

Yes and to keep up with the thread i guess Sika is probably the best one Fireballz is great but the one wich i prefer the most for the playing style is Raspi, i think we could point out 3 or 4 more players but i think almost everyone knows them -_-
    Last edited by Arikel; 10-04-2005, 04:51 PM.
    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Originally posted by sika
      Do you trust some whiny no-name chaos newbie (cerium) or most of the SSC sysops? Including DoCk< and Mr. Ekted (the other programmer of Continuum).
      Assuming you trust mush ... read the post more carefully.

Originally posted by mush
      I showed Mr. Ekted this post, he didn't agree entirely with what Cerium said but he said he did agree the tinfo pattern indicated cheating of some sort.
      Last edited by Sufficient; 10-04-2005, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arikel
        Yes and to keep up with the thread i guess Sika is probably the best one Fireballz is great but the one wich i prefer the most for the playing style is Raspi, i think we could point out 3 or 4 more players but i think almost everyone knows them -_-
        Arikel, good point on Raspi. When he's serious, he's as good as they come.
        RaCka> how can i get you here
        death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
        RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
        death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Arikel, Premier staff basically did this:

1) They noticed Sika had unusual lag
          2) They noticed Sika's ping and ploss were very good
          3) They noticed Sika's tinfo was unusual
          4) They noticed that very few other people, including a long list of known laggers, had such tinfo (3 at most)
          5) They considered a possible manner by which a connection could be manipulated in order to produce such lag with the only noticable effect being different tinfo
          6) Cerium wrote up a way to perfectly imitate Sika's lag without any noticable ping or ploss increase, only tinfo change
          7) Staff concluded Sika's lag was due to this method.

Otherwise it's an amazing coincidence that Sika displays lots of lag, and plays in a way to take advantage of his lag, and does not have the ping or ploss associated with his lag, and has bizarre tinfo that very few people have. There are alot of people who get complaints about their lag on Premier, including Shadow aka Domi, and Miner, and so on, yet their lag is not associated with bizarre tinfo in the same way that Sika's is.

Sika also has a long history of being accused of cheating and feuding with the staff, including such things as his famous bizarre xradar which constantly toggled on and off in order to give him the effects of permanent xradar in terms of being able to see stealthers and cloakers, without actually consuming any energy to speak of. This xradar would toggle on and off even in the middle of gunduels. Since no one could prove that Sika was not merely using a gamepad which allowed him to easily toggle xradar, he did not even receive a slap on the wrist for it, but it did not particularly help his case in other cheating accusations.
          - k2

Comment

shouldnt be bothered to respond in these threads but currently i have to go with the majority because of what was displayed last season. and imo sika was much more dominant season 8 than he was in season 7 (excluding his game vs syndicate) oh and guess what, he lagged LESS in 8 than in 7.
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones
              shouldnt be bothered to respond in these threads but currently i have to go with the majority because of what was displayed last season. and imo sika was much more dominant season 8 than he was in season 7 (excluding his game vs syndicate) oh and guess what, he lagged LESS in 8 than in 7.
              Does that say something about the difference in skill of sika, or about the difference in skill of all the other ppl....

I think it's the last one... there were more top players that season, but the skill overall of all players was worse.
              This way there were more squads sika could show against he was a + factor this season. ( If you're on a good squad, like sika is on, It isn't that big of an accomplishment to get great recs vs the worst squads... probably everyone that would normally start could do that.... While you could be the factor that wins the games against squads that are decent-good.... And vs the dominating squads you cannot win games on your own by just having 4 good back-ups...)

I hope you get what i ment, cus i went ciggy style... :P
              Damn my english is bad
              TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
              TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
              TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
              First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

i only liked demonfaze raspi sika and stab even though i beat raspi in a duel and he got pissed at me
                Last edited by Tanzu; 10-04-2005, 07:43 PM.
                tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
                capE> lucky he didnt say captain
                capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
                9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
                1:Kentaro> suits you well
                1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

Ok, having read through that entire other topic, I would say that the ban was appropriate. Now, let me qualify that. If you read through (filtering out the enourmous ammount of bullshit that had piled up), you would realize that the technical info supplied by Cerium did indeed not PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt that Sika was cheating. No, just because you can develope a method that gives you a result, does not make that method unique, as anyone who has taken a college level math/physics course can tell you. But, that technical info, on top of Sika's reported excuses (if you trust he was quoted accurately), and past experience of the Mods with Sika, all these together make a very compelling case against him. This isnt a court of law, would I sentance him to death on this evidence? no. But this is a game, and the mods responsibility is to keep it fun and playable for the whole of the continuum population. So if this ban did that, then it was justified. So in conclusion, yes the case was circumstantial, but for this purpose, that was enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigor
                    sika without a doubt (overall player)

runner up megaman89
                    seriously, go to a doctor and get yourself checked

thanks

Originally posted by King's Sword
                    we all know that i'm the best player in tw. wb jav weasel and base. hell yeah baby.
                    and the fact that i am uberly fat sums it up. Oh yeah.

Thank you.
                    Greatest player of Trench wars
                    Last edited by Broly; 10-04-2005, 08:54 PM.
                    Girl if it's alright,
                    100%.

Comment

re

well coming from another zone Sika plays from, he was questioned also in DSB about his lag. He was going to get banned, or that what ive heard since the person running dsbl was on my squad, but too bad his cheats still made him sux, and overall his squad got knocked out first round of playoffs, so no point in going through with banning him. Just letting everyone know he doesnt just cheat in 2 zones ROFLMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by Arikel
                        so if anyone discovers a way to lag like i do that means im cheating so should be banned?? the logic is flawed
                        He pointed out that Sika didn't lag, but had the looks of someone that did. Your logic is flawed.
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

timed out? :S
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR
                            Does that say something about the difference in skill of sika, or about the difference in skill of all the other ppl....

I think it's the last one... there were more top players that season, but the skill overall of all players was worse.
                            This way there were more squads sika could show against he was a + factor this season. ( If you're on a good squad, like sika is on, It isn't that big of an accomplishment to get great recs vs the worst squads... probably everyone that would normally start could do that.... While you could be the factor that wins the games against squads that are decent-good.... And vs the dominating squads you cannot win games on your own by just having 4 good back-ups...)

I hope you get what i ment, cus i went ciggy style... :P
                            Damn my english is bad
                            true, but basing was pretty competitive in season 8 as well. wouldnt want to forget 19-10 vs shriek.. err dice either.
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Man this shit is so useless. You guys have nothing on Sika really. All speculation. Just face it, The man is fuckn good. Best player ive ever seen play TWL and last year shud be proof of that. Nobody had numbers like he did EVER in ANY TWL. I mean, its not like -F- needed him to carry games for them, but he wud play so damn good that all the other -F- players just seemed to be in the background just letting him beat the other squad.

The only time ive ever had a suspicion about sika was back when they first launched Continuum version, and people used gamepads. I think Sika was one of them who used a gamepad although i dont believe that was considered cheating, all it did was allow you to get faster rush shots on people for whatever reason.
                              2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kaos
                                The only time ive ever had a suspicion about sika was back when they first launched Continuum version, and people used gamepads. I think Sika was one of them who used a gamepad although i dont believe that was considered cheating, all it did was allow you to get faster rush shots on people for whatever reason.
                                :mellow: you can still use game pads... if there used to be some way of cheating with them i dont know... i recently began to use a game pad for those really boring games of zombies and elim.
                                A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Working...
                                X