• Show
Clear All

I am staffer 1!!!!!

Comment

this sounds pretty stupid
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

the !cancel command should still exist where caps can agree to cancel the game...not sure why it was removed
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

United Force would not lame points

What King Baba is trying to say is that Epinephrine did not even ask us to cancel or not, and that is where the argument lies. United Force fully understand when there are lag problems, and u cannot play; and we would happily cancel the game had you of asked and explained the situation. It is clear here that Epinephrine did not even mention a word about it to United Force, and only explained why AFTER he had killed the game using his powers.

It is the principal that matters, and you guys should've been mature enough to understand that.
          Ardour> my fire button is escape key. and thrust is F12. i like to make it as hard for me as possible.
          Reaver> i play subspace with a steering wheel and gas pedal and a dance dance revolution pad
          Reaver> i gotta jump on the arrows and turn left to fire
          Ardour> my movement keys are random letters. i change them regually

Glide> my parents are being evil, they stole my antenna in an attempt to ground me from internet
          Glide> so i made one

Comment

Accepting a match and then not having players is something we have all seen/had happen to us.

It is pretty well known to only accept/challenge when u have enough active players...otherwise ur at the mercy of the other team. Why?...because its ur own fault for not checking basic things... do we have enough players? Do we lag? can we stay for 3 rounds?

If u cant figure out those three things, then ur at the mercy of the other squad (who i would always hope wud indeed spec to cancel the game).

Conclusion: if u lose by default = ur own fault.
            King Baba> You scare me with your online wisdom.

Comment

Interesting opinion for a mod, Dameon. Staff's position has been that this feature should not be used period - but does happen to see some use when a mod is present (which is why it's not encouraged, because squads without mods are inherently disadvantaged). Under no circumstances should it ever happen though without the other squads' compliance.

Comment

I have to agree with King Baba here. The game should NOT be killed after the game has begun (accepted). I do not know if there are actually any rules on what a mod should do, but basically this was an abuse of staff powers. If both teams agree that the game should be killed, then it would be okay. This has also happened to the squad I play in several times and each time the mod has asked BOTH squads if they agree to kill the game.

As for the argument that the other squad has not done anything to deserve the points. I see it this way, both squads have agreed to play and if the other squad decides to chicken out (no matter the reason), the other squad can freely take the points because they have taken the time to ready themselves for a match. Of course it is good sportsmanship to cancel the game by waiting the time out. Also, BEFORE accepting, any squad should check if they are able to play. Apparently this was not done and it was the reason that caused this incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoor
                  I have to agree with King Baba here. The game should NOT be killed after the game has begun (accepted). I do not know if there are actually any rules on what a mod should do, but basically this was an abuse of staff powers. If both teams agree that the game should be killed, then it would be okay. This has also happened to the squad I play in several times and each time the mod has asked BOTH squads if they agree to kill the game.

As for the argument that the other squad has not done anything to deserve the points. I see it this way, both squads have agreed to play and if the other squad decides to chicken out (no matter the reason), the other squad can freely take the points because they have taken the time to ready themselves for a match. Of course it is good sportsmanship to cancel the game by waiting the time out. Also, BEFORE accepting, any squad should check if they are able to play. Apparently this was not done and it was the reason that caused this incident.
                  United Force always cancels games before any round has played, unless the other squads are dicks, and we believe Pirates are a respectable squad, and would have cancelled anyways

just like to underline, we would have appreciated it if they asked before cancelling that's all. UF doesn't have a staff, apart from an ex mod : Rob D
                  Ardour> my fire button is escape key. and thrust is F12. i like to make it as hard for me as possible.
                  Reaver> i play subspace with a steering wheel and gas pedal and a dance dance revolution pad
                  Reaver> i gotta jump on the arrows and turn left to fire
                  Ardour> my movement keys are random letters. i change them regually

Glide> my parents are being evil, they stole my antenna in an attempt to ground me from internet
                  Glide> so i made one

Comment

!tell Dameon Angell:saycantkill

sorry mate, but if you want to kill a game before round 1 starts, at least get both captain's agreement. yes, free points is kinda lame, but blame the other squad for not showing up.
                    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

!

Exactly. Free points is lame, but that's the nature of the beast.

I'm just saying this is very ironic because Epi does something like this, with hardly any (lets face it no) consequences.

Also, he plays for that team. That's just simply ridiculous. In my opinion he should have to face even worse consequences for bailing his team out of a forfeit. This has happened to all squads at one point or another, and they had to ask the other squad for mercy. If the other squad was nice enough, they got it.

If everyone recruited staffers, and killed games at random intervals, how would TWDD or TW for that matter function? I hope you guys make it clear to him that this was abuse that cannot be tolerated. I'm not on staff but I am a player and demand that the staff who hold high positions act in accordance to the rules they themselves helped develop. It is these high ranked positions that are especially important for setting and example for the lower ranks. Unless TW is a dictatorship, something should be done about this and Epi should have to face some consequences. I do understand and appreciate the inefficiency of this zone so I realistically do not expect much to be done.

I’m glad King Baba posted though. Just shows the TW community once again what staff has been doing. TWL not being developed, and TWDD corrupt. This zone is truly becoming a circus.

Comment

Pirates is already qualified for twld, so why would we care about losing those points, I don't and neither do over half of my squadmates. It's kinda stupid to give united force those free points of a squad already qualified.... If it would be a squad that is fighting for a twld-position just like them, i'd say have them both agree, and it is just stupid to accept the match if you are not entirely sure you can play.
                        But in this case it's more like screwing over other squads we don't give free points to. The squads can easily get a squad they like in twl by playing dumb games against them or forfeiting. Maybe you should change something to the bots so a forfeit b4 round 1 never gives you any points. Sounds kinda fair to me, cause those 5 mins ur waiting doesn't really deserve to earn you 25+ points.
                        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

I think I wouldnt want to label Epi as an abuser, but I think it comes down to this :

there are rules for situations like this and rules need to be maintained. TWD Staff knows which rules there are for killing matches and if Epi violated those rules they should discuss that with him, maybe giving him a 'vocal warning' or 'dont do that again'.

If its uncertain whether he broke the rules or not, or even when the rules itself are not clear, TWD staff should definately make the rules clear and viewable for the bigger audience. All TWD players and squadcaptains must know ALL rules applying for TWD.
                          Winner of TWDL Scrotals
                          Winner of TWT Melee
                          Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

let's say that epi did ask you to agree to kill the game..would you have agreed?

i think any respectable squad would've therefore i only see you as feeling small because you feel he needs your permission first..plz stfu now and continue to get owned in Subspace ^-^

love,

foopa inspector
                            "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
                            Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
                            " - Tyler the Creator
                            Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
                              OK

you guys are whining about not getting a free win
                              Pullease...
                              some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                              1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                              1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Both teams needed to agree before the game was canceled, there was no said agreement (at least in public chat), so what Epi did was against the rules. The end. The discussion should't be revolving around whether or not it's lame to get free points, because there is nothing in the rules regarding that.
                                Last edited by PaulOakenfold; 03-09-2006, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X