Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT: TWD Reset, Rule change, Roster limit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your problem is you think that making Paladen axe 60/90 of their players that you are going to have two new squads of 30 be created. Once this idea doesn't do one fucking thing to increase activity in this zone I will come back and say "look the old vets who ran this zone during its peak were right again" because sure enough every time "new age staff" come out with some great fucking idea that they think is revolutionary, a more intelligent and experienced group of players have already thought up that idea, discussed the repercussions and realized it wasn't a good idea for this zone. So once again I will reiterate myself; This idea is a fucking waste of time and the ONLY thing it will manage to do is to piss off the older playerbase who just want to login once a month and play a fucking dd while chatting with people they have known through this zone for the better half if not an entire decade. Congratulations on being fucking retarded Predator.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
      This idea is a fucking waste of time and the ONLY thing it will manage to do is to piss off the older playerbase who just want to login once a month and play a fucking dd while chatting with people they have known through this zone for the better half if not an entire decade. Congratulations on being fucking retarded Predator.
      So staff should focus their intention on pleasing the player who only logs on once a month? That would seem like the waste of time. http://www.trenchwars.org/betachat/ Give them that link, it'll help solve their problem of just wanting to talk to people. As far as them playing, reintroduce them to ?go wbduel or something so they can waste their time there. Current staff obviously has different opinions on things than the old staff you're referring to and maybe they see the light at the end of the tunnel with this, so what? Ride it out. If it doesn't work then bash staff until you quit this game.
      Raazi> this is the only place men chase jessup

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
        i think its been pretty well established that the current twd ops dont give a fuck about casual members
        Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
        i think its been pretty well established that the current twd ops dont give a fuck about casual members
        Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

this may not be staffs number one intention, but as a side effect they are also doing this

id like a twd staff member responsible for these limits to come forward and say that the casual players no longer matter to twd.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• At least staff trying to do something. But of course lets keep the way things were and have 4 super squads. I never saw 55+ member squads back when i last played actively 3 years ago, and somehow that is/was considered "normal" now. Ever since this new rule announcement, there have been quite a few of new squads popping up. Whether or not this will increase activity, we'll see. As for the "casual" players, I have a striking suspicion they will have a spot somewhere on a squad with their old friends regardless. It takes maybe 15 seconds to signup to a squad and takes what a minute for it to be approved and them able to play their "casual" game.

However, this rule is pretty much trying to shake up things. A real solution is to try to make squads to take in newbies/pubbers. Would veteran squadrons like Zeebu's actually do this? probably not. All these people crying about how this rule won't help this zone, yet I see no effort to try to bring in new people (newbies) into the game - i guess EG/other zone people count as bringing in new people so not everyone (mostly thix) is doing nothing.

P.S. I recently played with a guy who found out how to attach right before our BD. Of course the opposing team plays 2 lancs. #gofuckyourself

Comment

• Originally posted by Deverse View Post
            P.S. I recently played with a guy who found out how to attach right before our BD. Of course the opposing team plays 2 lancs. #gofuckyourself
            this
            Gun remembers.

Comment

• Whatever, I am done with this garbage thread, no "new" squads are being made, its the same squads that get remade EVERY SINGLE SEASON at the start of a twd reset.

Oh and if that newbie who found out how to attach right before the BD was one of 40 people on a roster of people who know how to bd, he wouldn't have a roster spot anymore.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• I guess you didn't read 2nd part of my post where the real solution is to make squads take in newbies, whereas this rule potentially/ probably won't work, it is a shakeup on how things are working right now. And no, reset wouldn't affect him, because tenure split into two with 30 members.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deverse View Post
                  Would veteran squadrons like Zeebu's actually do this? probably not. All these people crying about how this rule won't help this zone, yet I see no effort to try to bring in new people (newbies) into the game - i guess EG/other zone people count as bringing in new people so not everyone (mostly thix) is doing nothing.
                  This cap may definitely spark some "newb/training squads" to rise; but it will absolutely cause cliques to form and will increase recruitment selectivity in most serious squads. If you noticed, way back in the day, elite squads hardly recruited newbs. Then, as elites saw that newbs can learn fast and get good, elite players began to bring newbs into the game. Now that this roster cap only allows you to have 35, I doubt that newbs will be as welcome on some of these upper tier squads. I gave immunity to some of my newer players who I see potential in, but I also had to let go 2 with the highest potential just to make room. And although I hope to allow them back on when they get active again (one is on vacation from the game for a bit, I think), I will then have to axe 1-2 more who aren't improving as quickly just to make room for them.

There are pros and cons to the rule, but what's done is done. Work with what you have and make the best of it -- this will definitely make everyone start become interested in 3-league play; it's just sad that I couldn't further develop some of the EG'ers in the way that I had hoped to.
                  Last edited by Pressure; 09-14-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• ATTACK MONKEYS> then we're gonna remember we don't care about winning
                    ATTACK MONKEYS> because we love each other
                    ATTACK MONKEYS> with lemon flavored lube

Comment

• ^THIS LOOOL. raise cap to 40 ill recruit 5 right out of .?go pub. pzzzaaaaat

Comment

• Always nice when "players" who dont even play anymore are whining.. gj!

And those "regular player" can create own new squad, its not hard.. !squadsingup and tadaa, job done! wuhuu! Too hard to ppl like kthx? maybe so, i dont care about whiners who dont even play.

and i dunno why peeps keeps telling that thinks were better back in 2004. Hard to compare 2004 and 2011. Then we had like 400 players every weekend, now we barely got 300 players at twl final weekend.

And there was maybe 2-3 squad who had to kick more thank 6-7 players.. paladen with 100 members and dependency with 90. No point to keep sooooo much players on 2 squad when those players can make 3-5 squads.

and yea,theres alot of typos,misspelled words etc. Eng is not my lang #1.
                        Last edited by Belgerath; 09-15-2011, 07:00 AM. Reason: prkl preda
                        Weedle> if you sacrifice a cat or a small dog belg usually shows up within 15-20 min

Comment

• oh and theres few "new" squads already; pure luck , angrybirds, dinkledoink, coverts, happytrainz, -tenure- and savenger is back..
                          Dunno whats the big problem? We have like 60+ squads on TWD and only 5 had too much players. If its too hard to understand we have to do something, pls dont log in TW and pls dont log in to forums.
                          Weedle> if you sacrifice a cat or a small dog belg usually shows up within 15-20 min

Comment

• Heh, I was staff 2004 and I've been twdop and smod for years now.
                            Back then we had about 500 players every weekend, things change and we have to adjust.
                            This roster limitation has originally come from players and we decided to go with it.
                            I am certainly not that smart that I would invent something like this myself.
                            Like belge said, there was 5 squads over that limit and some of you guys flipped even when you were in squads which had players under the limit already.
                            Original Mambonian
                            TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
                            I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

• so how's this working out so far?

are we going to take a look back after a few weeks (maybe a month tops) have passed to see if there's any quantifiable evidence that this cap is increasing activity and total number of squads and spreading the talent and all that happy horseshit?
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

• It's not on yet Jason, tomorrow when twd resets. Like I said in first post we can adjust it aftewards.
                                Original Mambonian
                                TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
                                I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

Working...
                                X