Changing the basing map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the basing map

Whatever happened to changing the basing map? Take out the two little nubs that terrs park against next TWD reset.
    Mr 12 inch wonder

open the entrance plz.

larger entrance ===> less cram ===> more FR battles ===> much more fun.

even a slight enlargement of the opening could be a huge improvement.
    There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

That was another idea that was brought up, Changing the little crosses from this:

---|--- ---|---

to this:

---|-- --|---

Nothing really drastic, just a few tiles here and there. Cpt., are changes going to be implemented in at least a trial run?
      Last edited by Mattey; 01-19-2004, 02:57 AM.
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

HERE!

----------------------------
        [ <- Terr SPot ->]

|__ __|
        LA

Comment

Well, removing the nubs would only make the terr's life a bit more risky. If he has good sharks, he still won't be killed that easily. The jav has a lot better shot at him though.
          6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
          3 league vet

Comment

The nub removal is not supposed to make the terr easier to kill, it's supposed to make it easier to knock the cram out of the way. I'm a little ambivalent about the change, as it also severely alters the fr battle dynamics, but it would be nice to have a change for the next map.

Comment

Re: Changing the basing map

Originally posted by Mattey
              Whatever happened to changing the basing map? Take out the two little nubs that terrs park against next TWD reset.
              I don't think that's a good idea. It offers a bit of hiding for the attacking team. Removing them would maybe demotivate the cram a bit, but it wouldn't make it any easier getting in.
              http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

I still think 2 entrances is the way to go (top and bottom). That way, if you want to keep the bottom entrance the same that's fine ... you can keep that entrance the same and just change the top.

Another idea that I think is good, is to envelope the base ... so that teams can utilize (javs specifically) the roof. <-- goes well with the roof entrance idea too.

Also, if you want better / bigger FR battles ... make the FR BIGGER.

Comment

i agree, two smaller entrances would be better than one bigger one, it adds organization/strategy to the mix trying to defend or attack two ents. i also like the idea of making the FR maybe 20% bigger or so. but honestly id be happy with even a small change of a few tiles at the entrance opening since drastic changes in zones like this are rare. just do something to discourage the cram pretty please.
                  There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

I have heard rumors that the big change for TWD and TWL basing is the 4 spider maximum. I think it's a good balance because it forces teams to use a jav or wb, mixing up the attacks.

I think the current map should be kept, as experiments with many of the other maps did not bring back positive results. The reason that this map has stayed the same for so long because it allows for dynamic basing. This map has allowed for so many changes of style of basing that have become popular.

I don't think the map should be changed because of a strategy/style preference between the line and cram; both are valid ways of defending the flag. However, by setting ship limits, that would affect the style/strategy of the game as much as a map change would, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMet
                      I have heard rumors that the big change for TWD and TWL basing is the 4 spider maximum. I think it's a good balance because it forces teams to use a jav or wb, mixing up the attacks.

I think the current map should be kept, as experiments with many of the other maps did not bring back positive results. The reason that this map has stayed the same for so long because it allows for dynamic basing. This map has allowed for so many changes of style of basing that have become popular.

I don't think the map should be changed because of a strategy/style preference between the line and cram; both are valid ways of defending the flag. However, by setting ship limits, that would affect the style/strategy of the game as much as a map change would, in my opinion.
                      The base is getting stagnant ... proof is the fact that ppl want to implement the 4 spid rule and change the 2 blocks in base. The only way I see basing improving is changing the base and bringing something fresh to the public. It's a definitely a risk, but a risk I for one am willing to take.

Comment

you dont even play the game anymore

Comment

Easy now guys, he is on your squad, right?

Comment

no map changes.
                            Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                            apt>yes u can wtf
                            apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                            apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                            apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                            Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                            apt>na
                            apt>ill show you pictures
                            apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
                              no map changes.
                              porque? why?

Comment

Working...
                              X