Tiebreaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiebreaker

what comes first, head to head, or +/-?, it should be head to head.

Originally posted by Violence
    Stop making dumbass threads.
    The player with the biggest nuts.

- destroy

Comment

It's +/-

Comment

Originally posted by Violence
        i asked pusher earlier today, it is +/-

head to head wouldn't settle anything in the more than likely 3 way tie for 3rd place that we'll be in with you and grapevine

Originally posted by destroy
        Stop making dumbass threads.
        agreed

Comment

if it's between two squads it should be head to head. obviously if it's 2 squads, you should look at head to head first (if one squa dbeta both teams, they should go through, and then look at who won out of the last two. assuming that they all beat the other guy (all we're 1-1 against the others) then it should be +/-)
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Well... it's kinda unfair to go by +/- considering that both teams probably faced a few different squads from the cross conference thing.
            sdg

Comment

Enlightment

The only different games were. Rapid played Sk8 / Ancients in TWLJ, while we played Disoblige / Hinder. Considering Sk8 is tied with Diso, and Ancients are tied with Hinder. There is no real advantages on the cross conference thinger. This is a 10 week season, it should go by W:L ratio, then look to kills / deaths. As many people pointed out, this season isn't the most fair when it comes to the schedule but thats Trench Wars Leagues for you. Example: If you have a -50 squad, and a +50 squad, and they both have the same record. However, the -50 squad beat the +50 squad, there should be no reason to base it on one game of the season otherwise why do kill/death ratios even matter. People have their bad games, squads get better as they go, you cant count it head to head because the -50 squad is inconsistant vs other squads as shown, and the +50 squad can hold their own. The -50 squad will get thrown around in playoffs, even if they did have one good outcome vs the squad that squad that will be in. What im tryin to say is, TWL is based on 10 weeks, not 1 weeks outcome. K:L ratio is the 2nd judge behind w/l ratio. :up: Sorry if this was confusing.
              I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

ummm... or....

squads get the same number of wins, same number of loses... the next logical cateogry is to look to see who got the most kills:deaths per game

rapid has a negative +/- by a large margin (although i think they moved it up with a game against dragonguard today, so dunno if they're only like -15 or -20 now), grapevine was +1 last i checked and we were about +80 ... it seems fair that grapevine and pirates take the spots

guess that's why the rules are the way they are.

Comment

haha?

Sorry but that's retarded. Look at any major sports league with different conferences and you will see that tiebreakers are ALWAYS resolved by looking at head to head, then points scored/points allowed (+/-). If a league didn't have different conferences and every team played identical schedules, then you could argue for +/-, even though head to head would still make more sense. In this case, Rapid, Grapevine, and Pirates all played different schedules, and will have the same recs, but Rapid tooled both other squads when playing head to head. There is no valid argument that exists to say that GV and Pirates deserve the playoff spots over Rapid. I would have thought that the fact that head to head always comes before +/- would be a no-brainer. But Pusher and all the other mods have probably never watched sports or paid attention to any league outside of 2d spaceships cause they're all losers.

Comment

head to head is a SO much better method
                    - k2

Comment

Why not, since we have a week 11 only for replays make the tied teams play a small "tourny" like game and the 1st place team gets in. The weekend wont be full with replays nor do i believe the tied squads have more then 1 game to replay neway. Its a quick, ez way to fix it up. It could even be done in TWJD if it had to be.

I know that idea probably wouldnt happen, so i think head to head should definatly come b4 +/-.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

nm
                        Originally posted by Tyson
                        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                        Originally posted by HeavenSent
                        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                        Originally posted by Izor
                        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

in a league where nobody is obligated to be at every game, and where summer vacation overlaps, things should not be based on one game because that could just boil down to who had who show up.

nemo, you are wrong. well, at least in hockey, the only sport i know the rules in depth enough, the tie breaker after record is goal differential. . . the same as kill differential.

come to think of it, it's the same in soccer isn't it?
                          Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                          Philos> there is something about you
                          Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Btw people allways start to complain about certain rules at the end of the ride, I am pretty sure this has been discussed over a long time and I am very sorry if Rapid maybe gets unlucky by the system as it is now. I can imagine that if you beat Pirates and Grapevine you 'deserve' to get in over those squads. On the other hand, sometimes a squad can have a bad day, which is not representative for its performances over the whole league. For example Pirates did beat Pallies yesterday, while Rapid didnt have much chance, while Pirates lost to Rapid. For every system there is something to say, and there will allways be people who get 'punished' by those rules.

The only thing I want to add is: dont see playoffs as a 'must get' to get respect. The fact that Rapid made it this far and is still alive means a lot. I got respect for your squad, regardless if you reach playoffs or not.

have fun.
                            .: ExquisiteHosting.com
                            .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
                            zzz

Comment

In my opinion +/- is better than head to head in a league lasting for more than ~5 weeks. Anything less than that, it's good to have head to head since the +/- stats haven't really settled down properly yet. Anyways, it's way too late to change the rules now.
                              6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                              3 league vet

Comment

Working...
                              X