No announcement yet.

Tiebreaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes.. head to head makes more sense.. but it's not very..dependable..
    lets say squad A beat squad B early in the season.. and now they are all tied up. That doesnt mean A can go into playoff because they beat B in the season. Things happens, and roster changes, cant really set things according to one match.
    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

so the New England Patriots beat the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship Game last year. But wait, the Colts had a better PF/PA (+/-) throughout the entire season! Let the Colts go to the Super Bowl! Okay, makes sense!

One game doesn't mean anything, right? Then we shouldn't even have playoffs or finals. We should just look at +/- at the end of Week 10, and declare a winner. Ever heard of "big games"? The Colts play the Tennessee Titans twice every year, and every time they play, it's a big game, because their head to head essentially decides the tiebreaker to get into the playoffs because both teams are always toe to toe.

for those who have no clue what im talking about, laff. get a clue and go outside and get some sun.

Comment

Originally posted by nemodot
        so the New England Patriots beat the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship Game last year. But wait, the Colts had a better PF/PA (+/-) throughout the entire season! Let the Colts go to the Super Bowl! Okay, makes sense!

One game doesn't mean anything, right? Then we shouldn't even have playoffs or finals. We should just look at +/- at the end of Week 10, and declare a winner. Ever heard of "big games"? The Colts play the Tennessee Titans twice every year, and every time they play, it's a big game, because their head to head essentially decides the tiebreaker to get into the playoffs because both teams are always toe to toe.

for those who have no clue what im talking about, laff. get a clue and go outside and get some sun.
        i have no clue maybe its because i dont follow your wierd football you got in america where you almost never use your foot
        1:Omnigod> when i look at that pic its more like SADMAN

Comment

One game doesn't mean anything, right?
          well sure it means SOMETHING, but not everything

there are 9 other games to consider

Comment

rofl awesome you just dont get it do you? i mean, congrats on beating pallies and everything, i didnt think you guys could, but would you please get your head out of your asshole and use your brain for a second?

you honestly don't watch or aren't involved in any league besides subspace, are you? the REASON WHY the "9 other games" take a back seat to the head to head factor is because WE-PLAYED-DIFFERENT-OPPONENTS. In a single conference league where schedules are all identical, sure, +/- could work. How is it fair if Rapid plays Pirates and Shriek, and Pirates plays Rapid and Elenya (sorry elenya but you suck), and +/- is used? It isn't very. Therefore almost every single league IN THE WORLD, awesome, uses head-to-head tiebreakers to alleviate this problem. The only exception is in a select few soccer leagues where there are too many tie games. We don't have tie games in subspace.

The only people saying +/- are the GV and Pirates losers that desperately want to hold on to their playoff spots, whereas any unbiased, well-rounded, sports and leagues conscious individual would quickly see that this system is flawed. keep it the way it is this season, but please change it to head to head next season.

Comment

the world isnt fair

if you want in playoffs, play better during the season. or simply.. just get better.

if rapid beat pirates during the league, then why didnt you rape them like 50-20? so you can have a better +/-
              1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila

or simply.. just get better.
                coming from the Official "Who the fuck are you" posterboy.

And you are right. The world isn't fair, but isn't the point of this league being organized to be as fair as possible? Actually scratch that, this whole thing isn't even about being "fair", it's about having common sense. Look at all the squads that won 50-0 because of lame newbie squads not showing. Wow, 50-0 without even playing a single minute. +50 right there. This +/- system sure does work! Good job guys.

Comment

Nemo, its ok pirates are just fighting for that bc they are benifiting from it. We all know head2head is better then +/- but they arent stupid so they'll fight for what benifits them.

like nickname said, 1 bad showup (yes its summer leagues to) could affect ur whole season, much like the rapid vs pallies game where they lost 50-18 or something. That game along screwed there whole season bc of 1 bad week of showups. +/- should be 2nd in line after head2head.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

right..
                    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                    apt>yes u can wtf
                    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                    apt>na
                    apt>ill show you pictures
                    apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

How is it fair if Rapid plays Pirates and Shriek, and Pirates plays Rapid and Elenya (sorry elenya but you suck), and +/- is used? It isn't very.
                      stop bullshitting. we played shriek

we have played or will play every good squad in twlj by the end of this other than -Final-

Heres our schedule, since you're making this out to be something like we had an easier schedule than you. Here are the schedules, without week 1 in there since that was against each other

Your TWLJ Schedule:
                      • Syndicate
                      • Sk8 (You lose, 35-50)
                      • Elenya
                      • Shriek
                      • Grapevine
                      • Ancients (You win, 50-45)
                      • Pallies
                      • DragonGuard
                      • Tanked
                      Our TWLJ Schedule:
                      • Tanked
                      • Shriek
                      • DragonGuard
                      • Hinder (We win, 50-44)
                      • Elenya
                      • Disoblige (We lose, 38-50)
                      • Grapevine
                      • Pallies
                      • Syndicate
                      Same schedule except the blue squads. You got Sk8 and Ancients, we got Hinder and Disoblige... seems even. We both went 1 win, 1 loss vs. the cross-conference matchups with almost the same scores (Your +/- in cross-conference: -10, ours: -6 ...see? almost the same). The rest of the schedules are the same.

Maybe you'll stop trying to bitch and act like we had an easy road to the playoffs and you guys got screwed by having to face all the hard squads.
                      Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                      1 bad showup (yes its summer leagues to) could affect ur whole season, much like the rapid vs pallies game where they lost 50-18 or something. That game along screwed there whole season bc of 1 bad week of showups. +/- should be 2nd in line after head2head.
                      we're +80, they're -21 ... 1 bad show-up is also not a valid excuse, keep searching guys

EDIT: 2nd in line after head-to-head? what the fuck are you smoking Cig Smoke. You only get 1 head-to-head game vs. each squad. There are no ties in a specific game. How would +/- be used after head-to-head.
                      Last edited by Awesome; 07-19-2004, 04:49 PM.

Comment

From what I've read Nemo is completely right about everything. (wtf nemo is smart?) If rapid freaking beat both grapevine AND Pirates why they fuck do they get in playoffs over us?? Anyone would know something isn't right with that. And the only reason we lost some of our games so badly was because we ended up having to put in 2 or 3 wbs when our best javs couldn't make it/got banned for some stupid reason.

You gotta give it to us, 2 of our squad captains are some of the most hated guys in tw who have never had a squad that lasted, nobody thought we were going to get anywhere in TWL and that we're just a squad full of dumbass hoppers that would dissolve, but look we're still here and we're going to stay for more twl's to come. It just really sucks that we're getting screwed out of playoffs that we should be in.

And I know beating pirates wasn't expected because they are a strong team, but rapid is clearly a better jav squad than grapevine is..

BTW- don't listen to nemo nas, hes just a dork. Thanks for your respect, you're a cool guy.
                        I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Check and Mate, Game Set Match

Now for my ranting of the evening:

Nemo, subspace is a league of its own, and since you seem to be stuck on OTHER leagues, I thought I would grab YOUR head out of YOUR ass for the time being, and point out that: If you had a problem with this, maybe you should have addressed it at the starting of the season. You claim you want to change the rules now, but you said it yourself earlier in this thread, that you didn't read the rules. I know I didn't read the rules, ever, but I am not trying to change any rules. Sorry dude, but you have no hope in hell. Springing this on TWL ops at this point just isn't feasible to me, I don't know about anyone else, but if head to head was designated the tie breaker at the start of the season, nemo, you wouldn't be in such a deep hole right now. +/- and head to head has been argued for and against throughout this thread pretty thoroughly, and with people like Cig Smoke telling us that "We all know head to head is better" without any backup, it's hard to believe that is actually is. All the people who said that one game shouldn't determine a playoff spot were dead on, because this is a team game, and for the whole team to be incorporated into the statistics, the whole season has to be taken into account. Those are only 5 people vs. 5 people, hardly a fair representation of their squads. When all 10 games are recorded, and a mix of people have played from both squads, only then can the SQUADS be measured better, because Pirates and Rapid and GV are squads, and those 5 people shouldn't decide the outcome. BY THE WAY - I don't even need to be typing all this because it's already in the bag, READ THE RULES ROFL - Have fun on your vacation NemoDot.
                          Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

nice post about absolutely nothing, Crazy Canockout. Now allow me to ask you to pluck your head out of your ass please. Learn to read before you say stupid shit that embarrasses yourself.

keep it the way it is this season, but please change it to head to head next season.
                            I'm sorry if that statement was misconstrued to make people believe that I wanted the rules changed now. My fault.........................rofl. The morons, I tell you.

That pretty much responds to about 3/4 of your nonsensical post. The rest of your post is utter bullshit. what's this crap about 5v5? If 5v5 isn't good enough to measure a squad's skill, then wtf do you want? 10v10?

Yeah and my bad Nasir, you are a cool guy. Your squadmates are idiots though.

Comment

YOUR AN IDIOT, .. U ... IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Im sorry bout u guys not making playoffs
                              I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

Whatever, i've pointed out the schedule thing and proved you were just bullshitting about us having an easy schedule as opposed to your "extremely difficult" one.

This post is just about you venting some frustration so i'll step back and just watch as you continue to throw false accusations around.

Comment

Working...
                                X