No announcement yet.

Tiebreaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why r we talking about this now then nemo, u retard - and what i meant by the 5v5 thing, is that one match, where 5 players take on 5 players ONCE isnt good enuff to determine a squad's skill, becuz as a squad, u play 10 games, so SEVERAL games with 5v5 is better to measure the skill. sorry if THAT got misconstrued(i AM an idiot rofl) - btw, you smells like my poop
    Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

the simpel fact is, forfeits (a +50) will way in so heavilly at to screw up any +/-

Not to mention teams you face when they have 5, but other people face when they have 3.
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Crazy Canockout, we are talking about this now so it can be changed for next season. didnt i already cover that? or do i need to quote that again? here, i'll do it for your sake.

Originally posted by nemodot
        keep it the way it is this season, but please change it to head to head next season.
        Two time's the charm, maybe you'll understand it this time.

and Awesome who's accusing who of what? did I miss something? The fact is, I've given valid points on why head to head is better, given quantitative examples of the flaws of +/-, and given examples of why head to head is used worldwide. You and your fellow asspirates can't seem to generate a half-brained response can you?

Anyone with half a brain who reads this thread can understand what I'm saying

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
          stop bullshitting. we played shriek

we have played or will play every good squad in twlj by the end of this other than -Final-

Heres our schedule, since you're making this out to be something like we had an easier schedule than you. Here are the schedules, without week 1 in there since that was against each other

Your TWLJ Schedule:
          • Syndicate
          • Sk8 (You lose, 35-50)
          • Elenya
          • Shriek
          • Grapevine
          • Ancients (You win, 50-45)
          • Pallies
          • DragonGuard
          • Tanked
          Our TWLJ Schedule:
          • Tanked
          • Shriek
          • DragonGuard
          • Hinder (We win, 50-44)
          • Elenya
          • Disoblige (We lose, 38-50)
          • Grapevine
          • Pallies
          • Syndicate
          Same schedule except the blue squads. You got Sk8 and Ancients, we got Hinder and Disoblige... seems even. We both went 1 win, 1 loss vs. the cross-conference matchups with almost the same scores (Your +/- in cross-conference: -10, ours: -6 ...see? almost the same). The rest of the schedules are the same.

Maybe you'll stop trying to bitch and act like we had an easy road to the playoffs and you guys got screwed by having to face all the hard squads.we're +80, they're -21 ... 1 bad show-up is also not a valid excuse, keep searching guys

EDIT: 2nd in line after head-to-head? what the fuck are you smoking Cig Smoke. You only get 1 head-to-head game vs. each squad. There are no ties in a specific game. How would +/- be used after head-to-head.
          Im not going to whine. because even tho I think head to head is fun seeing mass carnage of 2 opposing squads.. +/- is str8 too. Cig.. we didnt have a bad showup.. mods hate rapid.. they ban the NOTORIUS PISTON (which pirates fears with all there might. so does pallies.. seriously ask ne 1 there like omg its piston *hides*) and some newb named NEMO. they ban us so we cant showup.. and they also ban SHEEP.. sure the last 2 suck and all.. but still they should of let us play but nooo. Next Awesome thinks he is super good. you have never played a real match for pirates. you just got owned. served. Also lineup w/e just whining if ne 1 talks about it.. and you saying youd beat rapid if there was head to head. we beat you once lol 50-46? we probally have a higher percentage of winning still.. But that has yet to come.. BUT HERE IS MY SUGGESTION TO CHANGE ALL!!!!! The great capturers of golden booty "PIRATES" vs the fast stunning sexors "RAPID" in a NOTORIUS DISSOLVAGE BATTLE HOSTED BY THE "Bad-Ass Mother Fucker" PUSHER for the spot in twl.. i suggest 300+ people will watch this shit.. THE STUNNING CARNAGE of 5 of PIRATES BEST MEN vs 5 OF PIRATES BEST MEN IN CRAZY CARNAGE AGAINST EACH OTHER, the universe would have never seen as much intense energy as this.. you could have like subspaceperview help the server$$. See piston has the mind of a genious also "piston and nemo will have to be unbanned for this match. and there remainder of there ban sentance will go to sheep." now awesome if you are sure u can beat us prove it.. i sent the challenge.. btw u have like 4000 posts and you look like a turtle head.. on the grounds of the last statement.. you should kill yourself. "inspiring some motivation to accept"
          Last edited by Orgazmo; 07-19-2004, 05:45 PM.
          I AM THE KING OF SUBSPACE AND TRENCHWARS

Jz> I'LL EAT YOU ALIVE
          Jz> FRUITY
          Piston> stfu u eat cats.
          Piston> azn boi
          Jz> cats tastes like shit
          Jz> dog tastes good tho

Orgazmo <3's j00

Comment

Originally posted by Orgazmo
            "piston and nemo will have to be unbanned for this match. and there remainder of there ban sentance will go to sheep."
            ROFL gg SHEEP eurotrash

Comment

Originally posted by Orgazmo
              Im not going to whine. because even tho I think head to head is fun seeing mass carnage of 2 opposing squads.. +/- is str8 too. Cig.. we didnt have a bad showup.. mods hate rapid.. they ban the NOTORIUS PISTON (which pirates fears with all there might. so does pallies.. seriously ask ne 1 there like omg its piston *hides*) and some newb named NEMO. they ban us so we cant showup.. and they also ban SHEEP.. sure the last 2 suck and all.. but still they should of let us play but nooo. Next Awesome thinks he is super good. you have never played a real match for pirates. you just got owned. served. Also lineup w/e just whining if ne 1 talks about it.. and you saying youd beat rapid if there was head to head. we beat you once lol 50-46? we probally have a higher percentage of winning still.. But that has yet to come.. BUT HERE IS MY SUGGESTION TO CHANGE ALL!!!!! The great capturers of golden booty "PIRATES" vs the fast stunning sexors "RAPID" in a NOTORIUS DISSOLVAGE BATTLE HOSTED BY THE "Bad-Ass Mother Fucker" PUSHER for the spot in twl.. i suggest 300+ people will watch this shit.. THE STUNNING CARNAGE of 5 of PIRATES BEST MEN vs 5 OF PIRATES BEST MEN IN CRAZY CARNAGE AGAINST EACH OTHER, the universe would have never seen as much intense energy as this.. you could have like subspaceperview help the server$$. See piston has the mind of a genious also "piston and nemo will have to be unbanned for this match. and there remainder of there ban sentance will go to sheep." now awesome if you are sure u can beat us prove it.. i sent the challenge.. btw u have like 4000 posts and you look like a turtle head.. on the grounds of the last statement.. you should kill yourself. "inspiring some motivation to accept"

Sheep> omg wtf piston
              Sheep> i thought we were friends
              Sheep> *tear*

Jz> I'LL EAT YOU ALIVE
              Jz> FRUITY
              Piston> stfu u eat cats.
              Piston> azn boi
              Jz> dog tastes good tho

Orgazmo <3's j00

Comment

i usually odnt read all the posts.. but i just reread them all. i agree with raize ( "bob look at the top of this page") the most but then again not. Me and violence are probally top hated in the list.. due to my nonsense i spout out when im bored.. and everyone thought we were the underdogs. well we did pretty good.. awesome has been bitter ever since week 1, where he tried to get to play but never happened and in the end pirates lost.. it does seem moderately weird that 2 squads that we beat Pirates/Grapevine are in over us.. but then again i dont make the rules im not argueing pretty much evertyhing i said in the former post is how i feel. THATS RIGHT PIRATES/GRAPEVINE THE CHALLENGE IS SENT!!! SQUADDISSOLVE DUEL TO THE DEATH LETS GO 5v5 hosted by the pusher..
                Last edited by Orgazmo; 07-19-2004, 05:52 PM.

Jz> I'LL EAT YOU ALIVE
                Jz> FRUITY
                Piston> stfu u eat cats.
                Piston> azn boi
                Jz> dog tastes good tho

Orgazmo <3's j00

Comment

I'd rather just make playoffs without any extra matches, thanks anyway. And Nemo, your squadmates arguments aren't parallel with yours, so I just generalized for the time being. By the way, your whole argument is based on other leagues, why does SUBSPACE have to reflect other leagues. While you say you want it changed for next season, you have 2 or 3 of your squadmates saying they want it changed for this season, see where I'm coming from? A little less flaming, a little more thought. I'd glady argue about this face to face with you. Forums is too annoying .
                  Subspace - Best kept secret in the video gaming world. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Canockout
                    I'd rather just make playoffs without any extra matches, thanks anyway. And Nemo, your squadmates arguments aren't parallel with yours, so I just generalized for the time being. By the way, your whole argument is based on other leagues, why does SUBSPACE have to reflect other leagues. While you say you want it changed for next season, you have 2 or 3 of your squadmates saying they want it changed for this season, see where I'm coming from? A little less flaming, a little more thought. I'd glady argue about this face to face with you. Forums is too annoying .
                    hold your horses im not saying anything.. all i did was do what i do best.. just type complete incoherant nonsense k thx... PUSSY SQUADDUEL ME TO THE DEATH $$

Jz> I'LL EAT YOU ALIVE
                    Jz> FRUITY
                    Piston> stfu u eat cats.
                    Piston> azn boi
                    Jz> dog tastes good tho

Orgazmo <3's j00

Comment

TeamA>We fought like hell to earn our playoff spot, we dug in and won some, we lost some too, but we always did our best.
                      TeamB>well you didn't make it, we got a forfeit win and a nother team only showed 3 guys, so basically two forfeit wins making us +90. Thanks for trying
                      TeamA>shit
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Canockout
                        quit being absurd, im not saying subspace should be identical to other leagues. why you insist on twisting everything i say, i dont get. i use other leagues as an example because they are professional and, bluntly put, their organizers have their shit together. i realize that this is a 2d spaceship game. but if TWL is indeed the "premier" league you all say it is, then why not use known successful leagues as a blueprint? Yeah okay I may be flaming a bit, but I can't say that it's undeserved. Some of your and your squadmates arguments are either flat out stupid and lacking sense, or are points that I have already refuted in earlier posts with logic.

And nah, I'd rather not argue face to face. First of all, this is getting boring and i'm ashamed im even posting here. Second of all, as you may have already noticed, i'm fairly intolerant of idiocy, and I think a face to face argument with you would just frustrate me even further. Yeah, i'm calling you an idiot.

Comment

We could all stop for a moment, stop twirling around in circles and get right down to the beef jerky. At the beginning of the season, a rule was stated amongst the bigass essay that was TWL rules, that +/- were to be used in the race for playoff competition. No one had objected to that because honestly, every squad pretty much thought that they were gonna kick monster ass in TWLJ, because its only natural (even elenya), so tiebreakers weren't really of the essence cuz everyone thought they would all get records like 8-2. When TWL actually got underway and players began calculating which games were MUST-wins to achieve a playoff spot, shit was boiling up and boiling fast. I know at least 75% of the people in the squads Grapevine and Rapid, and we all knew each other's shit basically. It was gonna be a triangle of doom, and it wasn't gonna be a pretty. What it really came down to, was whether Pirates or Rapid beat Pallies; the squad that does pretty much gets into the playoff spot, as the other games are relatively easy. Grapevine had lost an important game to us, and they relied on us losing to both Pallies and Syndicate to get into playoffs, while if Rapid beat Pallies they'd be in for sure. Leading up to our game against Pallies, many people I knew on GV and Rapid had conversations with me concerning our situation, and that we're pretty much screwed for TWLJ as "they" know it. We kept the faith, and actually beat Pallies out in what was the most excruitiating match this season for us. Heads were turned, eyes were peeled as people wouldn't imagine us pulling an "upset" (but i wouldn't call it that, I'd so much give our team the credit that we are competitors with the top squads). Instantly 60+ people on two squad's chances of getting into TWLJ were instantly shot to hell, therefore shit was gonna start. I mean after our match, in a matter of minutes, posts were already being made about our game's outcome. GV already knows that if they had got into TWLJ playoffs, they would treat it as a gift, as javs weren't what their squad had focused on throughout the season. I'd give them props for staying consistent in difficult games, as well as destroying those games that were SURE-win. Rapid, what can I say, they have beaten both squads in <The triangle of doom>, HOWEVER, to save our squad some face, I could honestly tell you that we underestimated you guys right off the bat. We didn't JD as much as we did DD approaching week 1, and we really thought that we'd have you guys eating out of our hands. Sadly we were mistaken and for that we have truly learned a lesson about taking wins for granted. Awesome and Herc from that game forward were much more careful about choosing lineups and ensuring that every player that enters the TWLJ arena is at the best of shape and ready to play. For that, we must thank Rapid. As for you guys not getting into playoffs because of the +/- category, guess you should watch the TKs more carefully eh?

It has definitely been a crazy race for TWLJ playoffs, much crazier than in the Western conference. If we were the squad that didn't make playoffs, I'd certainly be mad too, so I feel for you guys. We're both 1st season squads, so hopefully we'd be competing again next season with some of your suggestions for rules implemented.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

The only people saying +/- are the GV and Pirates losers that desperately want to hold on to their playoff spots, whereas any unbiased, well-rounded, sports and leagues conscious individual would quickly see that this system is flawed. keep it the way it is this season, but please change it to head to head next season.
                            but it's perfectly natural for you to wait til 1 week before, after pirates won a match they weren't expected to and left you on the outside looking in, to bring up all of this?

don't act like what you are saying isn't self-motivated.

rules are rules. these ones were set at the start of the season, you knew what you had to do to get in. there is one week remaining, play that, and look at yourself if you fall short.
                            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                            Philos> there is something about you
                            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                              but it's perfectly natural for you to wait til 1 week before, after pirates won a match they weren't expected to and left you on the outside looking in, to bring up all of this?

don't act like what you are saying isn't self-motivated.

rules are rules. these ones were set at the start of the season, you knew what you had to do to get in. there is one week remaining, play that, and look at yourself if you fall short.
                              yeah we fell short wahtever. randedl please read everything before you open your mouth. i didnt wait until now to bring this up. i just never paid attention before now. and that is my fault. i shouldnt have been so trusting of TWL-OPs competence.

let's give this rule a look-at once TWL is over eh Pusher?

pirates is a better jav squad than we are at the moment, which i will admit readily. but GV, please. we tooled you soundly, so dont come talking about looking at ourselves.
                              Last edited by nemodot; 07-19-2004, 07:50 PM.

Comment

pirates is a better jav squad than we are at the moment, which i will admit readily. but GV, please. we tooled you soundly, so dont come talking about looking at ourselves.
                                i personally believe the +/- system is better and the head-to-head system you suggest has a lot of flaws, but since you seem to be seriously concerned with the rule more than the outcome, good luck with getting it changed for season 8

Comment

Working...
                                X