No announcement yet.

Tiebreaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah it's not a matter of respect nasir, in fact this matters nothing to me since i will be on vacation during all of the playoffs. it's just sad to see my squadmates get jewed over because people can't bother to get the correct rules down before everything starts. and chances are, this rule will change next season. and it's not like i read through all the rules before the season started, saw that +/- came first, and said "oh well this probably wont happen", because i didnt. i only found out when i read this thread, so quit patronizing nasir, thanks.

Randedl, get your facts straight. I follow NHL as well, and they follow 1) Most wins 2) Most Head to head points (Meaning if two teams played more than once, W-L wouldnt matter, it would be total points between THOSE TWO TEAMS) 3) Most division points and 4) Coin toss.

Not so smug now, are we?

Oh, soccer? Please. They play so few games a year that they are pretty much forced to use goal differential because there are so many ties. We don't watch sports much, do we?

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by nemodot
      Sorry but that's retarded. Look at any major sports league with different conferences and you will see that tiebreakers are ALWAYS resolved by looking at head to head, then points scored/points allowed (+/-). In this case, Rapid, Grapevine, and Pirates all played different schedules, and will have the same recs, but Rapid tooled both other squads when playing head to head. There is no valid argument that exists to say that GV and Pirates deserve the playoff spots over Rapid. I would have thought that the fact that head to head always comes before +/- would be a no-brainer. But Pusher and all the other mods have probably never watched sports or paid attention to any league outside of 2d spaceships cause they're all losers.
      If we all end 6-4, and Rapid beat Pirates AND Grapevine allrdy.. and if gv and pirates continues, gl hf ,?ignore twl, ?ignore tw, k thx -Golden
      revolt> my girl
      Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
      Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
      Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
      Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
      1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

nvm I will withdraw myself from this discussion
        .: ExquisiteHosting.com
        .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
        zzz

Comment

wankoff :up:

Comment

what does "jewed over" mean and what is it referring to? must be some weird slang expression cos I couldnt find it in the dictionary

+/- owns.
            Originally posted by Tyson
            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
            Originally posted by HeavenSent
            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
            Originally posted by Izor
            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

once again I think that's kind of biased Mantra, sice you've lost all TWL-B games with like 1 second.
              Head to head is IMO the best way to determine the winner when two squads are tied but on the other hand, as long as everyone are clear on what the rules are, there should not be a problem.
              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
              5: Da1andonly> =((
              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

wow you really believe thats the only reason why I like it?
                that made me pretty sad
                Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                  Zerzera> at least I did quite allright in TWLB predictions

Zerzera's prediction success rate in this year's TWLB is 64.29% through Week 8. He has predicted 14 games and got 9 of them correct.

Additionally and if Diso ends up being tied with WR at the end of the season, Diso would still win over WR if the tie breaker is either +/- or head-to-head (since Diso won against WR and has a large +/- advantage).

Comment

eph I think that quote is from week 3 or so. back when diso was still to take the first win of the season.
                    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                    5: Da1andonly> =((
                    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Ah..my bad, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                        eph I think that quote is from week 3 or so. back when diso was still to take the first win of the season.
                        I dont really know what you are talking about, but the quotes in your sig are not from week 3... the prove of that is even further down in your own sig where zerz say that its already a roster lock.

Comment

+/- like in soccer then if the squads have same points and same +/- head to head is the way to go. thats what most sports go after.
                          Last edited by Jargha; 07-19-2004, 11:20 AM.
                          1:Omnigod> when i look at that pic its more like SADMAN

Comment

Shit happens, even in twl, im out of this thread now, k thx.. and to jargha: I didn't even play in rapid vs. pirates and we had sucky lineup too. and to awesome:we ain't gonna dissolve, don't commit a suicide now.. gl to Pirates and to Grapevine in playoffs.. i just hope that u don't lose rgiht away cos rapid would have been win twlj. k gl mates, k thx -golden
                            revolt> my girl
                            Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
                            Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
                            Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
                            Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
                            1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

It should be head to head. +/- depends more on who shows, if you have a shitty line one week and lose by thirty it can fuck you over. Simply put, if two teams are tied, and i beat you, well - theres nothing left to discuss in my mind.
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

+/- is the fairest way to do it, which is why it is the current method for determining tie breakers

there are too many problems with head-to-head comparisons.

as Randedl said, +/- is more of an indicator of the whole season... rapid is in the negative for +/- because when you won, you barely won... when you lose, you lost big. We're the opposite, lost by marginal scores and won big when we won most of the time. Grapevine was pretty steady and close to 1:1 all season.

also, as i mentioned earlier, +/- is the easier way to settle a 3 way tie.

i have no pity for Rapid missing out on the playoffs (if grapevine wins their game vs. dragonguard of course) since Lag Killer/L to the K and Violence were bragging about tanked throwing the week 10 game just to make sure pirates didn't get into the playoffs and you assumed we'd lose our games to pallies and syndicate and trash talked about that (forgetting you had lost to pallies in lj the week before with a 50-14 score i think).

rapid, just get over it and move on.

good luck in the playoffs, grapevine

Comment

Working...
                                X