This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ephemeral
    I don't think anyone should be surprised at the backlash of animosity that is occurring. This forum, and even the TWL predictions pages, are full of arrogant statements from -F- people over the last 2 months. In fact, I don't think it is a stretch to say that -F- is disliked more than any other squad in recent history. And I must say that I believe that this stems from the behavior of -F- members (although I'm sure some of it is from the fact that -F- was a very good team, too). The lack of sportsmanship was fairly evident, at the end of the game yesterday I counted 38 'gg', and only one was from a -F- player. Of course, a lack of sportsmanship is not strictly a -F- issue, it is common in many players throughout the league.
    I am encouraged that many people are taking the 'high road' now, it's too bad that many of us didn't take it sooner and more frequently.
    Don't forget Rampage!

And many -F- players personally messaged Syndicate on a good game after our TWLD... Just because they don't do it in pub doesn't mean they're universally poor sports.

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

In fact, I don't think it is a stretch to say that -F- is disliked more than any other squad in recent history. - Ephemeral

Don't make me laugh.

That goes for the rest of the flamers on here as well. Up until yesterday, -Final- was one of the most respected squads (if not the most respected) out of the whole season, why? Because it held everyone else under it's thumbs. Think of even one squad that did better than -Final- out of all the seasons. Oh but wait, we've only had the other two leagues introduced just recently, in perspective. Therefore only a limited amount of seasons can compare. But that's beside the point.

This world is about survival of the fittest, and everyone revolves and shifts around that. When a grand squad like -Final- comes around, people can't help but love it for the strength it demonstrates, but also fear and begin to hate it for that same strength. That's the paradoxical two-sided coin of survival - pursuing strength, and fearing it.

As soon as -Final- had a bad day and dropped to it's knees for a moment, all these insignificants (quite a few of the people participating in this thread, though not all) jump on it in their desperate attempt to relieve themselves of the undeniable impact the squad had on them. Something fazing you so bad/easily is a direct sign of weakness and penetrable emotional state.

This humility you people preach of, do you think it is with humility that you are barging onto this thread with your flames? No, not at all, it's that wounded ego of yours that forces these thread collaborations, the same ego you denounce in us. The only difference is, your ego is on the verge of extinction, and finally sees an attempt to redeem itself and get back on it's feet. This is how it's always been in all departments of life, and always will be.

Stop fooling yourselves.
      Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
      7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
      7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
      7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

Perhaps I should have been more clear and succinct by phasing it as -F- did not say 'gg' publicly in many matches this year.

I was hoping to make the point that we ALL could make improvements by taking a less arrogant approach to the TW community. I was also commenting upon some of the posts that seemed to be showing surprise at the animosity towards -F-.

I try hard not to make sweeping generalizations, sorry if anyone took it that way.

Comment

Okay, so I'm way too lazy to read all the replies that came in after the last time I posted on this thread. I just wanted to add Joe and drow to the list of -F- guys that I have no beef with. Joe's always been cool with me (javtourny time eh Joe?), and drow's been a friend since Cripples, so that's like 4 years or so of knowing him to be a great guy.

Carry on, or let this baby die. Like I said, I was just stirring shit up. Mission accomplished. Good luck to everyone in the finals!
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

gg to -f- throughout the season. Raspi & FF, you guys played a helluva game out there yesterday despite what anyone says, mad props to you guys. One can only imagine the effect of being knocked out of all three leagues in a couple of hours after months of playing to get there. I wish you guys the best of luck in TWL next season (if you're around).
            Siege TWLD Season 3 & 4
            Light TWLB Season 5
            Syndicate TWLD & TWLJ Season 7
            Syndicate TWLJ Season 9

Comment

Originally posted by Lofty
              In fact, I don't think it is a stretch to say that -F- is disliked more than any other squad in recent history. - Ephemeral

Don't make me laugh.

That goes for the rest of the flamers on here as well. Up until yesterday, -Final- was one of the most respected squads (if not the most respected) out of the whole season, why? Because it held everyone else under it's thumbs. Think of even one squad that did better than -Final- out of all the seasons. Oh but wait, we've only had the other two leagues introduced just recently, in perspective. Therefore only a limited amount of seasons can compare. But that's beside the point.

This world is about survival of the fittest, and everyone revolves and shifts around that. When a grand squad like -Final- comes around, people can't help but love it for the strength it demonstrates, but also fear and begin to hate it for that same strength. That's the paradoxical two-sided coin of survival - pursuing strength, and fearing it.

As soon as -Final- had a bad day and dropped to it's knees for a moment, all these insignificants (quite a few of the people participating in this thread, though not all) jump on it in their desperate attempt to relieve themselves of the undeniable impact the squad had on them. Something fazing you so bad/easily is a direct sign of weakness and penetrable emotional state.

This humility you people preach of, do you think it is with humility that you are barging onto this thread with your flames? No, not at all, it's that wounded ego of yours that forces these thread collaborations, the same ego you denounce in us. The only difference is, your ego is on the verge of extinction, and finally sees an attempt to redeem itself and get back on it's feet. This is how it's always been in all departments of life, and always will be.

Stop fooling yourselves.
              Respected on what level? Shooting a digital bullet across the screen? This must be the perspective that you are taking since you say that ‘Up until yesterday, -Final- was one of the most respected squads’. If so, then I agree –F- has some respect in that regard.

But what about respect for some of the behavior -F- members displayed this year? My opinion is that -F- has gleaned plenty of disrespect from that perspective. I simply stated that, in my opinion, -F- is disliked. (I made sure that I added that this could be, in part, because –F- was such a good team.) As support of my opinion, I would point to several examples. An example would be the number of people in spec during the game rooting for the other teams in the last few base games that -F- played. It even angered several -F- players when the majority of predictions (on the TWL) in the semi-finals picked teams other than -F- to win. It was not logical to do this (to pick a team other than -F- to win), people simply wanted to see -F- lose. Note I did not even say if I agreed with this perspective or not. I only pointed it out as a possible reason to the reaction in this thread.

Now, look at your post. Did you preface any of your comments as your opinion? No, you present them as 'facts'. It reads as if you are ‘all knowing’, as if you are right and any other perspective is incorrect.
              I preface virtually every one of my posts with “My opinion is” or “I feel that” to make sure that no one thinks that I am arrogant, to make sure I don't come across as having some kind of unique perspective of facts that they do not have. It is my opinion, and clearly stated as such. If people who know me in this community believe me to be an emotional moron who makes unintelligent posts, then there shouldn’t be any worry about my opinion being taken seriously.
              Last edited by Ephemeral; 08-16-2004, 03:22 PM.

Comment

The winner of this essay writing contest goes to.............<drum roll>
                Ephermal

Comment

Think of even one squad that did better than -Final- out of all the seasons. Oh but wait, we've only had the other two leagues introduced just recently, in perspective. Therefore only a limited amount of seasons can compare. But that's beside the point.
                  Elusive, Siege etc. This is the third season of three league play. I was a member of -Final- when we did win two championships back in the day..You however were not. Season records mean little come playoff time. That said I like and respect alot of -F- especially the original members. Alot of these people are good guys who don't talk shit, have played the game for years and still are among TW best players. Every squad has its shitalkers who will inevitably bring hate with there boasting and superior attidudes and when they lose those people pay the price for it. Putting the whole squad down though is wrong.

Comment

There were just a few people on -F- who I think were pretty arrogant/big-headed and felt they had to flaunt that persona to everyone, which I think kinda gave -F- a bad name to many people. Even though its just a few people that carry that attitude, that can make a big impact on people's views of the squad as a whole.

With all that aside, there were still a lot of nice guys on -F-. Joe, Raspi, FF, Death Row, Owner, and im sure many more im missing. Great season overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Desperate
                      I never thought they would win LJ.. But you're right about LD!
                      Ya i didnt have them as my favorite either, i had Synd as my favorite in javs, but i did think -f- would win TWLD atleast till they met up with Grapevine.

Like awesome said, pallies had blood and hellz who stepped up in seperate rounds to carry pallies to the victory. The other 3 on pallies line were really just complimentary parts to help them two. Vihta and code's 2-10 round 3 was elite 8) but -f- couldnt seem to build off of it and get confidence.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

As much shit talking was thrown around this season by -F-, I would think they'd be able to handle a lil shit thrown their way. Saying that, I still think they had a great reg season in all 3 leagues. gg.

Comment

Who cares about -final-?
                          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Lofty

Don't make me laugh.

Stop fooling yourselves.

are you the biggest fag in all of subspace? fear and respect? Please. You're telling everybody here that they're weak because they don't like you? Get a clue man. You don't speak for the whole of -F- because most of them are cool, and yes they're very good at this game but man you are just something else. Just read back your post and get a life, christ.
                            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Respect is earned.

Some mebers of -F- have earned my respect, but when some talk down to other players blowing this way out of proportion then it just makes alot of other people think bad of you.

Lofty, if you have real skill, you can understand that you can only learn from a loss, and when you learn to accept it then you will earn alot more respect than you are running your mouth.

And don't go on wit hthis "Who are you?" bs, it just shows how unoriginal you are. You are a good player, but you aren't a respectable player.

Comment

Ditto to Nicky.
                                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                                X