No announcement yet.

Refusing to fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It obviously doesn't since all squads that wanted to compete in it were not allowed to enter.

Comment

Be logical - which of the squads still around that were not involved in this would actually have a chance of winning it?
      PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

You seem to not grasp the concept of "fairness."

If you're willing to make a claim that Pallies is the best squad in TW, then allow any and every squad that deems itself worthy to take them on.

You're not helping your cause by arguing that "none of those squads can beat us anyways, come on gimme some names!"

Don't make an umbrella statement if you're not willing to take it up the ass from DBZ_Warriorz.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that if this cup was properly announced in due time for what it really meant, Light could have still been around to compete in it. It's all pretty hypothetical at this point, but Staff should learn to think shit out and solve conflicts before they happen.

Gotta love this year's base leagues. Apparently it has TWO #1 winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Annux

If you're willing to make a claim that Pallies is the best squad in TW, then allow any and every squad that deems itself worthy to take them on.

You're not helping your cause by arguing that "none of those squads can beat us anyways, come on gimme some names!"

Don't make an umbrella statement if you're not willing to take it up the ass from DBZ_Warriorz.
            I'm speaking about this playoff situation - the best teams from TWLB that have not yet dissolved are involved in this. This is a playoff to determine who is the best out of the aforementioned squads. It wasn't about letting in any squad that wanted to join. I don't understand where exactly you're coming from.

I never made a claim that Pallies is the best squad in TW (Are you ok?). I was speaking from the perspective of all the squads involved in the playoff. Can you see British Squad winning it? No, they would get trampled. That's what I meant in my post. TWLB squads that were excluded were excluded for a reason: they didn't do well enough.

Whats the point of a post-season if everyone is allowed into it, no matter how shitty they did? How is that unfair?

The TWLB Cup is a half-assed version of a post season which didn't come into play until it was already decided that the regular season winners were the champs. But it's a TWL event, so it involves TWL squads that have not dissolved. I don't see how this applies to a squad like "DBZ_Warriorz".
            PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

i kinda wish this tourney had allowed outside squads to be involved. it woulda been more interesting and more fun.
              To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
              brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by Annux

I'm going to play devil's advocate here, because there's a problem with your logic. Yes, agreed, not every squad was let into the tournament. By your logic, that means the winner of twlb cup can't claim to be the best at the moment. But not every squad was allowed into the regular season. Does that mean you don't consider Light the best basing squad of the regular season?

The logic causes even more problems, though: Not everyone is allowed into the NBA. Specifically, people under the age of 18 and citizens that are denied participation by their home governments. Does that mean you can't say Michael Jordan was the best basketball player of his time? Because there were certain people who didn't have a chance to compete against him? That's ridiculous. At some point you need to allow hypothetical comparisons to stand in as evidence for concrete statements. Like saying Michael Jordan was the best basketball player of his time. Like saying the winner of the twlb cup is the best basing team currently.

I'm not necessarily saying that you have to accept the last statement as truth... I'm just saying that your logic doesn't really work in most cases and should be tossed out as a defense of what you're trying to argue... it's convenient for your case that the winner of the current twlb cup isn't neccessarily the best squad of the season (and argument I'm open to), but it makes no sense on any scale. You have to be open to fictional, impossible comparisons if you're going to make absolutes (like who is the best or the worst of anything).
                RogerMexico
                The Daily Nice
                Post Secret

Comment

In England we hold an FA Cup and the FA Premiership league. Last year, Arsenal won both (gg mantra). The FA Cup is seen as a chance for the little teams such as the division 2 and 3 teams to play the big guns and try and create some upsets and giantkilling. However, the real focus is on the premiership, that is where the money is and the winners are considered the berst football team in England. This is due to a number of reasons:

1) There is a high chance the the top two favourites are drawn against each oher earlier in the cup, and one of them gets knocked out. That leaves the third favourite to face all the crap teams on route to the finals, and fluke it in the final.
                  2) The premiership is over a longer period, 9 months, and the clubs have to face all of the other clubs, therfore it is seen to be fairer.
                  3) The clubs are facing quality opposition week in week out (West Ham excluded) and so ther are no 'easy matches'.

Now we get to my masterplan: Why not let the crappy teams play in the cup, so there is a change that there may be some giant killings to talk about. Plus the games would be far more exicting, with squads having to win every match rather than meaningless weekend matches that have 5 spectators, 4 of them probably afk (the one left is the bot). The cup will never be seen as the ultimate competition, so why try it and make it so? It would be a chance for the little teams to build a reputation instead of sitting in spec in pubs and begging the people with the most points to join.

However, this would mean more matches, and we dont have the staff. Spamio and flabs are currently working very had vetting other staff's recommendations, so until we have more staff, we either have to stick with the current format, or increase it but the season will take longer as we can only have roughly 5 games a weekend max.

While I'm on the subject (dont try and stop me, I'm on a roll), why not invite all squads into the league, but make it into 2 or 3 divisions, with the addedd fun of relegation. That would stop the teams who are last and realise they are not going to win, stop giving a toss and not turning up. Now they HAVE to win or they go down, simple.

We could try this out in TWL-B for one seaosn, and if its successful, go for it. If not, dont.

I know a lot of people are going to comeback with 'why dont we just turn this into football', which is pretty much what Im suggesting, but it is a tried and tested method that works! People have been following football for 100 years, and it isthe worlds most popular team.

I've you've just read all of this, you have too much time on your hands (or no work to do in lessons).
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                  X