Week 5: Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brookus
    I suggest we make a big deal about this. There are advertising dollars at stake after all.

llater,
    Tony
    i suggest we ignore screw ups made by the people in charge everytime they happen. feedback is a bad thing, right?

Comment

Just on a note: 2 of these matches up there were hosted manual. Manual games werent directly rejected.

However on the matches that arent shown (but were hosted manual), a appeal was send in. Those appeals were approved by the TWL ops, and so will be replayed.
      The reason we do not do this in Replay week 11 is simple, since we are basically doing the week over it is for the best we take those matches along.

And on a whole other note: Yes im aware that this isn't the greatest season ever, and I don't think it will turn the tide from now on. Like I warned at pretty much in the beginning, its a season of hell. TWL Staff (and practically upper staff and develop staff in general) are pretty much scattered in pieces. It takes time, and more then this TWL season to fix that. It will be one of my priorities (if I can continue, thats a different story) to fix that.
      I once again apologize for this, but there is not much that i can do. I can resign ofcourse, but dont think that will be in the benefit of the season, right ?
      Greets,
      Roger

Comment

I suggest we make a big deal about this. There are advertising dollars at stake after all.

llater,
        Tony
        Please, speak no more. Your comments are becoming boring. You can stop the smart-act now boy. Oh wait, now you will have to make some evil joke about me. -_-

And Rodge dont worry, I appreciate your efforts. If you want a two week break I will support you, there is plenty to do in weekends anyways. Have a good easter.
        Last edited by Nasir; 03-22-2005, 04:45 PM.
        .: ExquisiteHosting.com
        .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
        zzz

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
          i suggest we ignore screw ups made by the people in charge everytime they happen. feedback is a bad thing, right?
          Not at all. However, Rodge is aware of the general problems, obviously. Complaints about replays and such should not be handled here. Nothing will get done. There is a procedure to follow.

My point is that people are using threads to simply gripe about the some event leveled at their own squad. That seems awfully silly.

Originally posted by Nasir
          Please, speak no more. Your comments are becoming boring. You can stop the smart-act now boy.
          Your displeasure with my posts has been noted. A solution might be to simply skip reading them.

llater,
          Tony
          Last edited by brookus; 03-22-2005, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodge_Rabbit
            Just on a note: 2 of these matches up there were hosted manual. Manual games werent directly rejected.

However on the matches that arent shown (but were hosted manual), a appeal was send in. Those appeals were approved by the TWL ops, and so will be replayed.
            The reason we do not do this in Replay week 11 is simple, since we are basically doing the week over it is for the best we take those matches along.

Listen to yourself. Manual games weren't rejected? Yet the appeal was sent in and was approved, thus being replayed? You're changing results--period. Thats what you're doing. We won that game, and now you're FORCING us to re-play it for whatever ignorant reason you have. Do you have any common sense? Tell me how this is legit. I'm sorry, I just can't take this league seriously now. Win or lose next week, I know, like everyone else, that we won the game. You're just being an idiot, like the other TWL staff who rob teams of their victories. What a waste of time jesus lol.
            RaCka> how can i get you here
            death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
            RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
            death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Not at all. However, Rodge is aware of the general problems, obviously. Complaints about replays and such should not be handled here. Nothing will get done. There is a procedure to follow.

My point is that people are using threads to simply gripe about the some event leveled at their own squad. That seems awfully silly.
              Where should we express our disapproval of the way TWL is being handled. Last i checked this was a discussion forum about Leagues and i am posting my opinion in a reply to a relevant topic. If enough people were unhappy about the way something was being done, maybe they'd take notice. It has happened in the past, not often, but still occasionally.

Comment

Seems like staff just need to quit being so picky and having their little group and just start MASS RECRUITIN' people to get some fuckin work done.
                3:disown> some dude just honked at me
                3:waven> if i get any more medals its gonna crash the site
                3:disown> pulling him over
                3:disown> fukin clown
                3:Revolt> you driving?
                3:disown> yes
                3:disown> at work
                3:Revolt> ??
                3:tmac <ZH>> the fuk
                3:Revolt> in police car
                3:disown> pulling him over, one sec
                3:tmac <ZH>> LOL
                3:Revolt> playing trench wars?
                3:Revolt> ?????????
                3:disown> yes got a dell in here
                3:tmac <ZH>> pro
                3:disown> im alttabbed on chat

Comment

Could someone please post the appeals of the manually hosted games and the reasons why they were accepted? I find it odd that in all other weeks the appeals were posted on the twl site and for some reason they aren't posted this time. From actually playing in the Diso/Rusher game , I can't see why any appeal would be accepted. Also, I don't recall anyone on either side saying anything before, during or after the game with regards to the manual host.

Comment

RR push it another week plz?

Easter Sunday man.. i'm sure a lot of people wont go on..
                    9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                    4:Nimrook> No?
                    4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                    4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                    4:Akuun> ROFL
                    4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                    4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                    4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Originally posted by code
                      I think the manual matches should of counted.. otherwise why waste peoples time and go thru with it. Anyways, thats my two cents.
                      Code I think it's beyond this. some of these morons ( twl staff) have become so obsessed with the bots, that if the facts hit them in the face, they still just look the other way. Listen, TWL bots are great. But they're suppose to help us, we shouldn't be 100% dependant on them. Because afterall, its the games that decide the results, not the fucking bots. So we didn't dissappoint a huge crowd, we all decided to play the game and have it manually hosted. And what do we get for that effort? Nothing.

zzzz boring.
                      RaCka> how can i get you here
                      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Wax
                        First of all, I dont think the matches that were played should be redone. As others before me have said, waste of time that was.

Secondly, code, as I have said before, its not just me who is holding the Hot or Not's back. And I have other projects that i need to work on other than some Hot Or Not for a 2d space ship game. In general, things are: Unorganized, late, and time conflicting. So far Randedl has been good with getting his shit in, cant so so for the others. I had no problem taking part in the hot or not, nor did apt. But, seems we cant do it. So, we must WAIT for others to do it (which is a few days late normally), then I must contact a TWL Operator, who normally dont repspond to me (with the exception of Rodge) to post it. The hot or not should be the least of the players concerns for we can not even get the game itself organized and funtioning fully.

You code the pages that are sent in, whether or not they are posted just yet is a whole nother thing. I realize first that it goes from UG and Rand to you, then you 'code' it or whatever you do.. and then it goes to the person that uploads it. Maybe if you could code correctly and make the page look decent there would be reason to get it posted quicker.

Sometimes I wonder if they even have web designers working on the website. People that are qualified need to be put in place, don't know the process of getting someone hired but it should atleast require some of their work so you can see if its any good.
                        Last edited by code; 03-22-2005, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Sorry code but i have to side with wax on this one. It isn't entirely his fault...the other day(saturday i think?) underground pms me asking if i will write the HOT article for him. I was kinda pissed cause i mean...it had been more than 8 or 9 days since he had the results and come on...how hard is it to write a couple of paragraphs? I got the info from him and wrote the damn thing in about 15 minutes..it wasnt the best but hell, i got the shit done and at the time wax told me he had not yet received rands article. Come on people dont volunteer for the job if you dont wanna do the shit.
                          3:disown> some dude just honked at me
                          3:waven> if i get any more medals its gonna crash the site
                          3:disown> pulling him over
                          3:disown> fukin clown
                          3:Revolt> you driving?
                          3:disown> yes
                          3:disown> at work
                          3:Revolt> ??
                          3:tmac <ZH>> the fuk
                          3:Revolt> in police car
                          3:disown> pulling him over, one sec
                          3:tmac <ZH>> LOL
                          3:Revolt> playing trench wars?
                          3:Revolt> ?????????
                          3:disown> yes got a dell in here
                          3:tmac <ZH>> pro
                          3:disown> im alttabbed on chat

Comment

Originally posted by Rodge_Rabbit

And on a whole other note: Yes im aware that this isn't the greatest season ever, and I don't think it will turn the tide from now on. Like I warned at pretty much in the beginning, its a season of hell. TWL Staff (and practically upper staff and develop staff in general) are pretty much scattered in pieces. It takes time, and more then this TWL season to fix that. It will be one of my priorities (if I can continue, thats a different story) to fix that.
                            I once again apologize for this, but there is not much that i can do. I can resign ofcourse, but dont think that will be in the benefit of the season, right ?
                            Two manually hosted games are being replayed but Rejected Basers vs Simulate isn't. I talked to Rodge and he told me there was nothing I could do about it because in the rules it states all appeals must be sent in 24 hours after the game.

(Rodge_Rabbit)>we can discuss the whole thing, however it will not change, im sorry!
                            (Rodge_Rabbit)>It is stated in the rules however, and thats the thing we follow

'The reason we do not do this in Replay week 11 is simple, since we are basically doing the week over it is for the best we take those matches along.'

I believe playing appealed games in week 11 is a rule.. that you are not following, why? I'll tell you why, because this is a special circumstance. As I told you when you stopped responding, those rules were not designed with a total sunday bot failure in mind, so if you are making reasonable exceptions to rules please let us send in an appeal as it is reasonable under these circumstances. That is all i'm asking, I know we would have sent in an appeal earlier if we were clear on the issue that our game would not be replayed. Reject it if our reasons aren't as good as the other 2 squads that had there games hosted manually, just don't penalize us for your delay in informing.

Thanks.
                            carpe diem

Comment

Let me do the "not" articles.
                              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                              There wont be another election for president.
                              Obama is the Omega President.
                              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

I say replay ALL week 5 games... -_-

WHOS WITH ME?! :P
                                AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Working...
                                X