Week 5: Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wax
    I do recall during the day of the matches that a zoner was sent out saying "All games after the ones going on currently will be replayed at a later date -TWL Staff"

If I remember correctly, staff used the rule 6.06 last time something like this came up. I do feel that the zoner was a decision. And now you are deciding to go back on it and replay all the games even after you said only the games after the current ones. And if an appeal was sent in, as you told me before with our appeal, "It wouldnt of had an impact on the game play". Which Im sure nothing about manual hosting would have. Manual hosting has been done in the past. Worked fine then, dont see how it could be a major problem now. Those who played, shoudlnt have to play again, and the ones who didnt, wait till week 11.
    Agreed, Wax. Nothing more to say here, expect that twl-staff is ruining the fun for other people with their horseshit decisions. You know, I can't even get myself to call them twl-staff anymore. This isn't a staff, it's a joke.
    RaCka> how can i get you here
    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
    RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
    death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Treachery
      Could someone please post the appeals of the manually hosted games and the reasons why they were accepted? I find it odd that in all other weeks the appeals were posted on the twl site and for some reason they aren't posted this time. From actually playing in the Diso/Rusher game , I can't see why any appeal would be accepted. Also, I don't recall anyone on either side saying anything before, during or after the game with regards to the manual host.
      Yeah.. I was surprised to hear this aswell.. I've no idea who appealed.. And am even more clueless to why someone would've accepted the appeal.. All I can say is.. sucks for you guys.. good luck next week anyway.

Comment

Ofcourse you may ask for the details:

Appeal TWLD Pallies vs Sk8:
        TWL Ops agreed that there was a critial bot failure and a wrong hosting announcement, that had massive impact on the game. This had as result for a replay to be granted.

Appeal TWLD Venom vs -FINAL-:
        The attending referee had some slow responces regarding some substitutions and situations in the game. This had a large impact on the game, what will be allowed with a replay, bot style.

Appeal TWLJ Sk8 vs Pirates:
        In this game the referee made some speccing errors, what resulted in a massive influence on the game. Also this error will be granted a replay.
        Greets,
        Roger

Comment

Whatever happened to the rule that was so vehemently used against the Rusher vs Pirates argument in the other thread that all TWL Op decisions are final (zoner that games hosted manually will count last week)?

Obviously the wrong people got staff this season and just do what they see fit and completely ignore rules. It's become more than blatantly obvious now.
          Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
          7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
          7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
          7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

Completly right Wax, I overlooked that one in the emailbox.

TWLD Disoblige vs. Rusher is counting too. I update the website after i submit
            Greets,
            Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Rodge_Rabbit
              Ofcourse you may ask for the details:

Appeal TWLD Venom vs -FINAL-:
              The attending referee had some slow responces regarding some substitutions and situations in the game. This had a large impact on the game, what will be allowed with a replay, bot style.
              Funny how I talked to the host and he agreed that everything was fine, and we won fair and square. Foxy was subbed at 2-7, kept in longer probably because he hates being subbed early (i know from last twl with him, trust me). Deez, subbed at 5-9. That being two of their subs, meaning they couldn't sub escalate when his router died, because they burned them both. Yet we're penalized for all of that? I love it. Rodge, you and your mickey mouse staff needs to hire some legit people with a brain that can make competent decisions. Hopefully you don't rob other teams of earned victories in the future.

That is all, done with this thread.
              death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me

Comment

I will most likely resign my function as TWL op in 24 hours drow, since i have the feeling the general public doesn't appreciate my work for TWL, and more important: It is not fun anymore for me, it is feeling more as a obligation now. I am willing to accept responsibility, but to the point where it is still fun to do. This is the second time this season i feel this way, and thats a sign for me to stop.
                Greets,
                Roger

Comment

Man what the hell, Tsunami was subbed at 7 (minus our argument that we emailed TWL-ops that he in fact went BACK in after he was subbed because the host didn't use !remove and Raples was in together with him, that's a man advantage. That's an issue in itself but I won't talk about that right now) by Raples who *would* have 3 if you could count. So the REF specced raples at 2 instead of 3, but instead of listening to the public that there was a speccing error (which could have been simply fixed by putting him back in, forgetting the game is all manual, and speccing him at 3), it was never fixed, and now a match that deprived the losing squad by ONE DEATH has fallen upon our shoulders to "deal with" and has been listed in Rodge's explainations of appeal as

a massive influence on the game
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.
                  . â–²
                  ▲ ▲

Comment

lol death row, our match should be replayed, just tell ur nerd buddy sika to fix the bots since thats what he does all day :grin:

Comment

I will most likely resign my function as TWL op in 24 hours drow, since i have the feeling the general public doesn't appreciate my work for TWL, and more important: It is not fun anymore for me, it is feeling more as a obligation now. I am willing to accept responsibility, but to the point where it is still fun to do. This is the second time this season i feel this way, and thats a sign for me to stop.
                      I haven't really payed attention to forums lately but this one caught my attention, mostly due to death row who bitches and whines on our squad chat like no other, but also because it does concern my squad a little.

I can't say I agree with you with replaying our game, as code said, all manually hosted games should count, and after all he is the captain of Venom, the squad we played - and he played in that game, so he does have more perspective than any TWL Op about the game.

I do agree with you that when running TWL is no longer fun and you get judged by the general public (from here on referred as "idiots"), maybe it is time to step down and let someone else run the show. At the same time I'm afraid that there is no one better to do this job, and that's what concerns me more than decisions based on thin ground. After all, you make the decisions, right or wrong, and we live by them. So reconsider, Rodge, after all you can't do any worse from here on. (Yes, it was sarcasm)
                      Domi> I'll take right one, you take left..truce
                      USS Banana> ok
                      Domi> on a sidenote Samurai and Strike are hunted
                      Get ready. Game will start in 10 seconds
                      USS Banana> you arent playing
                      Domi> made too many plans and forgot to play

Nowyoudie> Sika once talked to me
                      Nowyoudie> He said !ready

Comment

Appeal TWLJ Sk8 vs Pirates:
                        In this game the referee made some speccing errors, what resulted in a massive influence on the game. Also this error will be granted a replay.
                        why do we always get the incompetant referee's. same as last year.

Comment

awesome. now this season is really fucked. i could totally see this shit coming too, no one who volunteers dozens of hours per week to try and provide people a fun online league to fuck around in is going to put up with the level of crap everyone has been slinging at him. even if he sucks at his job, what the fuck is the point of bombarding him with hate posts to the point where he just quits. everyone needs to lighten up. take ten deep breaths and think about the fact that this is a free computer game. really focus on the part about how you just spent half a day of your life pissed off about the outcome of a disputed computer game, and managed to make the game's community worse off in the process.

and what disq said too.
                          There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

Well, Rodge, I'm not trying to get you to re-sign. Thats not my intentions--trust me. But you have to use common sense. I talked to the host, he said the game went fine. I mean you can't justify replaying an entire game of this magnitude because you feel, the subs were a "bit delayed." Hell, you even have some Venom players that feel it is a bit harsh with the replay. I mean thats just pathetic, no offense. You have to ask the ref if he thinks it warrants a replay, you did NOT ask him that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wax
                              Did pirates beat sk8?
                              yes and now they say we have to beat them again because apparently a referee made a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Escalate
                                awesome. now this season is really fucked. i could totally see this shit coming too, no one who volunteers dozens of hours per week to try and provide people a fun online league to fuck around in is going to put up with the level of crap everyone has been slinging at him. even if he sucks at his job, what the fuck is the point of bombarding him with hate posts to the point where he just quits. everyone needs to lighten up. take ten deep breaths and think about the fact that this is a free computer game. really focus on the part about how you just spent half a day of your life pissed off about the outcome of a disputed computer game, and managed to make the game's community worse off in the process.

and what disq said too.
                                What he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X