No announcement yet.

Hall Of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think we should vote in by "best this" or "best that" but just a general "this player is/was good enough to be above a certain bar of excellence" in whatever ship or league they played in. A players career should be partly measured by stats if we have them, but supported by intangibles and popular opinion.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Lets do the "spin the bottle" routine.
      Original Mambonian
      TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
      I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

i like to play spin the bottle with girls which end up in bed
        1:cripple> guys i am sorry for all the inconvenience of my virginity that i have let out on this squadron, i love u all

1:Chief Utsav> please leave me alone

Comment

Good idea genes. I have no idea why I never got around to doing this cause I was planning on doing this ever since I ran TWL.

I will head up the committee if no one else wants to. All potential applicants, apply to me.
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
            I will head up the committee if no one else wants to. All potential applicants, apply to me.
            I would suggest not doing it that way. I would say you're a good choice for head, so you pick the first inductees and have them vote on the next group. Maybe pick three a season or something (maybe more on your first run to get a base). But applications would be crazy I think, unless it was submit applications for someone you think should be in (not yourself). Of course, that sort of falls apart when the members don't play TW anymore. Maybe staff + HoF vote on new members?

If nothing else, maybe get a couple of people together to form a committee to work out how it would function.

llater,
            Tony

Comment

So a webpage saying who the most popular people in SS are?

The ones who have no other life than their Continuum one?

I see...

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
                I would suggest not doing it that way. I would say you're a good choice for head, so you pick the first inductees and have them vote on the next group. Maybe pick three a season or something (maybe more on your first run to get a base). But applications would be crazy I think, unless it was submit applications for someone you think should be in (not yourself). Of course, that sort of falls apart when the members don't play TW anymore. Maybe staff + HoF vote on new members?

If nothing else, maybe get a couple of people together to form a committee to work out how it would function.

llater,
                Tony
                I think the applicants are for people that want to be on the committee, not for people that want to be in the HoF.

Comment

A good reference point to start could be rule's top 100 players posts. I mean, he pretty much nailed who were the top players each season and why.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                  Asia Minor> maybe not
                  Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                  bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                  bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                  bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                  bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

I think its a good idea, go for it!
                    -Bubbles
                    Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                    Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by 4kings

I see...
                      :wub: woooooow awesome avatar!!! :wub:
                      1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by 4kings

I see...
                        ding ding ding ding ding!!!!

Applications? The only person in TW that egomaniacal is fireballz.
                        Wait a second... this could be fucking hilarious.
                        I think the applications thing is a fantastic idea, as long as they are posted publicly on forums!
                        Yesssssss.
                        Last edited by Volcs; 04-26-2006, 07:54 PM.
                        Kthx> Does JB Inc pay his child support with pub bux?

Undisputed Pre-Menstral Super-Bitch Internet Kickboxing Champion 2005

Comment

Originally posted by aiee
                          I think the applicants are for people that want to be on the committee, not for people that want to be in the HoF.
                          Correct.

I wasn't inducting myself into the hall of fame that I was declaring on my own LOL.
                          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Finally, CE users will be rewarded with a hall of fame
                            TWLJ Season 5 Champion
                            TWLJ Season 9 Champion - Syndicate
                            TWLD Season 10 Champion - Syndicate

Comment

I like this idea, lets start with the A's...
                              Syndicate - 2 time TWL-D/TWL-J Champions
                              Thunder - Season 11 TWL-J Champions
                              Amputate - TWEL-J Champion

Comment

Meh, ?go twld, twlj, twlb, the champions are listed in their respective seasons. I think that shows enough history on the players. If you do a HOF it would be really hard to figure out who really deserves to get in or who doesn't.
                                RaCka> how can i get you here
                                death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                                RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                                death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Working...
                                X