Epi
    Disq
    EIG
    Rule
    Jack
    FieryFire
    Dynasty

-genes
    That list just seems to point out exactly what we don't want this to turn into, an elitist fest. I'd def. keep epi on there, and rule, but no offense to the other guys, they just don't seem to be interactive enough to know anything about any other players. I mean, yeah, jack's been around, but i didn't see him care enough when he squadded with me to notice what was going on around him. Fieryfire, as previously stated, would most likely pick a roster of a team that he won a championship before and exclude everyone else. You need to have some real down to earth people on that comittee, guys who dont just look at stats, but look at things like dedication, versitility, etc...

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
    Asia Minor> maybe not
    Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
    bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
    bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
    bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
    bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

too many hall of famers in here -blue goat

I must be sure to contact him when this gets set up!
      sage

Comment

Originally posted by genes
        So here is my idea of the Comittee:

Epi
        Disq
        EIG
        Rule
        Jack
        FieryFire
        Dynasty

(this isn't final, just an idea)

-genes
        You do realize Jack, FF, and Dynasty are extremely inconsistent as far as activity goes I hope. Putting them on that list dooms it from the beginning. And I'd put crome up there over rule, jack, ff, or dyn. To be honest (and I don't think anyone with any credibility could intelligently disagree), Epinephrine, Disqualifier, and Crome are probably the three best captains the zone has ever seen, so I'd start there.
        -Dave

Comment

yeah that committee list he made is pretty bad

this seems like a fun idea, although its nearly impossible for it NOT to be a popularity contest in some aspects
          PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

(keep these kind of ideas away from strikeball, I'm looking at you, anidalife)
            sage

Comment

Thanks for everyone having so much faith in myself. I have been talking with various people about this in the past few days, but I have also been tremendously busy with work in real life. When I get time next week I will write something out about this.

I have a few ideas about how to make this work, have credibility and have it be sustainable and not just another 'best of' list type deal. As I said I had a similar idea since I started caring about playing in this zone (there was a HoF in the original SS Beta if anyone remembers) 6 years ago, and so I've thought about it before but just never put it to words. Thanks to Genes for bringing this up again though.
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

The TWL Hall of Fame is a good idea. I think Epinephrine, Disqualifier and Crome all would be good choices for the committee. The Hall of A Fame should be as unbiased as possible, and it should not be an "ego fest". People that make it in should completely without a doubt deserve it. Their are a lot of reliable and experienced players, staff and leaders from many different squads who could be part of the committee – maybe as the Hall of Fame grows the committee will grow as well. I think that the committee should be large enough that theirs a variety of opinions and small enough that majority agreement can be reached. Being that TWL is in its 9th season, there is a lot to be remembered, so this should be looked after with a lot of time and care. A well-versed experienced basing guy (EG Brookus) should be part of it to, though basing and javs were not officially leagues till TWL season 5. Trenchwars has had many great players, staffers, league contributors etc over the years, genes started off by stating this should be a TWL Hall of Fame - that is to be remembered. A Trench Wars Hall of Fame is something else altogether.

Related topic: Season 8 part of the History Book of the TWL League website needs to be updated (and yes I know league arenas were updated).
                Last edited by Rule; 04-29-2006, 10:29 PM.

Comment

A Trench Wars Hall of Fame (rather than a TWL Hall of Fame) would make more sense I think. It would be a lot easier to have staff members and other volunteers make it in that way. Obviously more players would make it in compared to staffers or captains. Maybe 3 players, 1 staffer, 1 captain per year (more in the first year I suppose). Epi, Crome, Disq and Rule would be great choices for a comittee and definetely 1-2 people who have been hardcore basers for 4+ years. As far as my name being brought up... I'd be glad to help and I'm sure whoever will run this (or popular opinion) can decide whether I would be a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                    Its not a popularity contest if Epi, Rule, brookus ran it, because I see these people as keen bullshit detectors. They've been sucked up to for their entire subspace careers, I doubt sucking up now will do you any good now, they are trained to sift through the shit. (lack of a better word)
                    Im not saying ppl suckin up to them to get in, im saying them having biased opinions towards ppl they dislike in game. What im sayin is if they are gonna be fair and not hold their personal grudges vs ppl they dislike then its fine, i just dont want good skilled players to be left out of this just because they arent the nicest person, or because they cause problems or anything else, it should be just based on skill.

Hellz is rite when he says we need ppl who are down to earth and wont just pick 5 ppl from back in TWL season 1 and no one else. That said i would still agree Rule and Epi would be good choices because even with bad blood between us they still seem fair.
                    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo!
                      That list just seems to point out exactly what we don't want this to turn into, an elitist fest. I'd def. keep epi on there, and rule, but no offense to the other guys, they just don't seem to be interactive enough to know anything about any other players. I mean, yeah, jack's been around, but i didn't see him care enough when he squadded with me to notice what was going on around him. Fieryfire, as previously stated, would most likely pick a roster of a team that he won a championship before and exclude everyone else. You need to have some real down to earth people on that comittee, guys who dont just look at stats, but look at things like dedication, versitility, etc...
                      I agree with you, but realize that my list is just a rough idea. I don't really know much about the players who were around 3-4 years before me, but to my knowledge, all those guys were around, etc.

If they have egos and such, then obviously correct me when i am wrong, and they won't be apart of the commitee.
                      I think the crome, disq, epi, rule, and a few basers (brookus) etc is a good idea. But again, Epi is in charge of everything, and I know he will pick players that can accuarately and faily help him.

What do you guys think of the set up.....my idea of HOW to induct them in??

-genes
                      lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
                      1:sleuth> sup
                      1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
                      1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
                      1:sleuth> ?
                      1:revolt> rofl
                      1:revolt> ur so bad
                      1:Golden_Aim> LOL
                      1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
                      1:sleuth> i dont get it
                      1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

Comment

Is this a TW Hall of Fame or a TWL Hall of Fame. Bc there's a huge diff btwn the two. I wouldn't want this to turn into simply MVP for TWLD TWLJ and TWLB.

Comment

I'm thinking this should be both. But focus mainly on the main part of this game, skill. And skill is twl.

But, I do think we should have great captains on there (which there arent that many now adays, prob a few in the past), people who helped create the arenas + settings. TWL ops should not be on this.

So basically HOF inducteed should be THOUGHT of:

80% skill in tw (which is basically twl)
                          10% Staff that changed it
                          10% Captains
                          lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
                          1:sleuth> sup
                          1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
                          1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
                          1:sleuth> ?
                          1:revolt> rofl
                          1:revolt> ur so bad
                          1:Golden_Aim> LOL
                          1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
                          1:sleuth> i dont get it
                          1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

Comment

Ya i think a TWL oriented hall of fame would be better then a TW hall of fame. We dont need something to tell us who the best levi of all time was because no one will care. When new players come to the zone they'll want to check and see who good players are in the ships / leagues that matter. Although i do think certain parts NON-TWL would be worthy like adding some squadcaptains of great squads but even that is hard since alot of squads have 2-3 co-captains sharing the squad. This is a good idea if its ran right and done correctly, but its gonna be alot of work for the committee to get exact rules and shit like that.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

clearly alot of support for the idea; wonder if a commitee will be organised before the end of TWL 9?

Comment

avoid the pitfall of having the entire comitte belonging to the same 3 squads is important. I think brookus would be an excellent choice as he's been around the basing scene, and the twl scene more than long enough to make right choices, indifferent of whether he likes the guy or not.

The other guys in the genes list is exactly who we need to avoid.
                                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X