-FINAL- vs Pirates quarter-final appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blood
    logic just manages to escape some people here. Hercules, Lag Killer?
    Logic would also be that if you make the decision, as twl running staff, to play the game since you know all the rules and you know why disqualifier doesn't wanna play... that the game counts and that there cannot be made an appeal for it... Since you decided to let the game be finnished at that time, you cannot come back to that decision after -final- loses...

Cause seriously, was there something more you knew after the game was finnished, then when you decided to let the game continue? well, was there anything you knew after the game except from -final- losing?
    TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
    TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
    TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
    First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

• Originally posted by PjOtTeR
      If you use a conversation, please use the entire conversation.
      Cannot post the entire log (I'd have to edit out names and chats), but you in fact added later, that you meant staff in general, so I apologize if you feel I have twisted what you said. However, as apparent from PL's communication to Disq, Kim was affecting the decision (Pure_Luck> according to nethila/kim), so the accusation wasn't totally baseless. I suppose it would be good practice to disqualify yourself from participating even though you're not bending the rules or misusing your powers.

Epi I should've known better considering he's a long time squadmate of Disq in Elu/-F- and probably knows better than to meddle with decisions concerning his own squad, but I was acting hastily and childishly and have apologized to him in both public and private - it was uncalled for.
      Last edited by Windreaper; 07-26-2006, 10:07 AM.
      Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

• Edit: I dont agree with the whole thing so I'll stop posting. pz
        I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
          Edit: I dont agree with the whole thing so I'll stop posting. pz
          Rofl! (I read the original post, you were actually being nice ang logical, no wonder you edited it . Don't worry, the universal karma will ensure we won't win. But as according to your original post, yes it truly wasn't the fault of either squad as it was staff that made incorrect decisions (from rules standpoint). Let's get some love here already :wub:
          Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

Logic would also be that if you make the decision, as twl running staff, to play the game since you know all the rules and you know why disqualifier doesn't wanna play... that the game counts and that there cannot be made an appeal for it... Since you decided to let the game be finnished at that time, you cannot come back to that decision after -final- loses...

Cause seriously, was there something more you knew after the game was finnished, then when you decided to let the game continue? well, was there anything you knew after the game except from -final- losing?

You do understand that the TWL staff are human beings, and the replay is because they made a mistake? Because from what I can tell you're saying the exact opposite, which defies all reason.
            jee

Comment

• Originally posted by Blood
              You do understand that the TWL staff are human beings, and the replay is because they made a mistake? Because from what I can tell you're saying the exact opposite, which defies all reason.
              I am well aware that staff are just human beings aswell. But what I do not understand is that an opinion on wether to reschedule the game to a later time or to continue right away can be changed without having more info about the matter at hand except for pirates beating -final-...
              Why would anyone say: You have to play now because those rules are badly written and they are not really applying to this situation... And after that squad lost (which is the only thing you know after making the decision that differs from everything you knew b4 making the decisions)
              Makes it look like staff favours some guys...

now for all you simple minded ppl that do not get what I am saying:

Lets see, you got apples, you don't know what you have to do with them... you decide to make an applepie... you burn the applepie because you never baked one be4.... Then you think because the outcome wasn't what you expected it to be that you should have just ate the apples raw... But you can't anymore because you made a decision on that matter... while that decision wasn't good to begin with doesn't matter at this point, you cannot turn it back... and that is the same with this game... you cannot just turn the decision back since it didn't reach you expected outcome...

I could name 100s of examples... this is just sad... my best game of the season gets taken away.

Comment

Lets see, you got apples, you don't know what you have to do with them... you decide to make an applepie... you burn the applepie because you never baked one be4.... Then you think because the outcome wasn't what you expected it to be that you should have just ate the apples raw... But you can't anymore because you made a decision on that matter... while that decision wasn't good to begin with doesn't matter at this point, you cannot turn it back... and that is the same with this game... you cannot just turn the decision back since it didn't reach you expected outcome...
                The apple pie example doesn't really work because baking the applie pie was your decision. Here would be a more relevent example:

You go to the store and buy a cookbook and two different types of apples.

The cookbook says you should not use granny-smith apples in the apple pie, and that you should use macintosh apples instead, so you go ahead and start cutting up the macintosh apples. At that very moment a government official shows up at your door and says you MUST use granny-smith apples, since that is the official government policy on apple-pie making.

You use the granny-smith apples, despite the fact that the cookbook says you shouldn't use it. After you are done making it, you find that the apple pie tastes horrible.

A government official shows up at the door and apologizes for what the previous government official said -- he was wrong, the official government policy is that the apple-pie should have been made with macintosh apples, as the cookbook stated.

They offer to give you replacement apples for the apples that were ruined in the apple-pie, which was their fault.

Edit: I'm sure everyone understands your point of view too. You guys had a very good round 3 and feel bad that it is being taken away; just keep in mind that the round 3 would have never have taken place if that round was rescheduled as it was supposed to have been (according to the rules).
                Last edited by Zingy; 07-26-2006, 04:06 PM.
                CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

• And the lesson from all of this?

Epi vs -f-, twlj quarter finals this weekend. Or maybe herc won't let me play
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

• No comments.
                    TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                    TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                    Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                    1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                    4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                    1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

• Originally posted by Zingy
                      The apple pie example doesn't really work because baking the applie pie was your decision. Here would be a more relevent example:

You go to the store and buy a cookbook and two different types of apples.

The cookbook says you should not use granny-smith apples in the apple pie, and that you should use macintosh apples instead, so you go ahead and start cutting up the macintosh apples. At that very moment a government official shows up at your door and says you MUST use granny-smith apples, since that is the official government policy on apple-pie making.

You use the granny-smith apples, despite the fact that the cookbook says you shouldn't use it. After you are done making it, you find that the apple pie tastes horrible.

A government official shows up at the door and apologizes for what the previous government official said -- he was wrong, the official government policy is that the apple-pie should have been made with macintosh apples, as the cookbook stated.

They offer to give you replacement apples for the apples that were ruined in the apple-pie, which was their fault.

Edit: I'm sure everyone understands your point of view too. You guys had a very good round 3 and feel bad that it is being taken away; just keep in mind that the round 3 would have never have taken place if that round was rescheduled as it was supposed to have been (according to the rules).
                      This isn't right... the cookbook might have said that you should have just used apples... you not knowing what apples to use decided to ask your grandmother... your grandmother tells you she always uses granny smith apples to make applepie, so that is the best... you try to make that pie, you fail at it, and as conclusion you think you should have used macintosh apples... Your grandmother now thinks you should have used macintosh apples aswell cause your pie with granny smith apples failed... but if the pie with granny smith apples would have been good, she would still keep it that way.

In other words, For pirates it was of absolutely zero use to play the game that the twl-staff forced upon both squads... because if they would have lost, that would have been final and when they win -final- just gets a replay... if you cannot see that your are just ignorant and stupid, and if you do not agree that pirates should get atleast some benefit of winning that round, you are indeed stupid aswell.

The round, forced upon us by staff, had nothing to gain for us... that is rather stupid isn't it...? Immensely stupid if you ask me... (ofcourse you can say we wanted that round... but not when this could come out of it...!!!)

Comment

• PJ, I'm sure you're upset that your win (if unjust) was taken away, but please, revive some of the sense in your brains. You've been saying the rule is vague. How is it vague? Do prove it, because from what I see the rule is perfectly clear. -F- wanted to postpone/reschedule round 3, which the rule allowed. Staff made a mistake and forced round 3 on -F-. The outcome is irrelevant and the appeal is just because the hosts acted against the rules. I'm sure you'd be appealing your ass off as well if the tables were turned.
                        jee

Comment

• To settle this once and for all, the appeal was granted because TWL staff did not show respect to -FINAL-'s decision to schedule the deciding round for a later day, thus forcing a decision that was against the rules. Rules are to be followed; it does not matter if the rules are "badly written and they are not really applying to this situation", staff cannot bypass the league rules in a mood swing.

And Pirates have an equal "second chance" to win the game, as do we.
                          With that being said, I wish you good luck in the game.

- Disqualifier
                          Domi> I'll take right one, you take left..truce
                          USS Banana> ok
                          Domi> on a sidenote Samurai and Strike are hunted
                          Get ready. Game will start in 10 seconds
                          USS Banana> you arent playing
                          Domi> made too many plans and forgot to play

Nowyoudie> Sika once talked to me
                          Nowyoudie> He said !ready

Comment

• Not really equal chances, most of our starters are out. So you got this
                            I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
                              Not really equal chances, most of our starters are out. So you got this
                              Whether or not you replayed them, wouldn't you still be missing your 2 starters for the semi-final game?
                              CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

• vs BOZ, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X