-FINAL- vs Pirates quarter-final appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hercules
    If we lose, I'm sending my fucking appeal in as well. We will be having players on vacaation and it was vital that we played that weekend. We had europeon players having to go to bed as well but we stayed on because we didn't want to drag it out. Now were being fucked over to haev to play again? Nothing against boz, but we could field a lineup against you guys. -f- on the other hand, we will be missing two starters.
    So your players would have cancelled their vacation if appeal didn't get through and make the next round of playoffs? By your logic, everyone can appeal for missing some players.

Comment

Originally posted by LaG KiLLeR
      We're talking a bout a round that had taken place, and had an outcome which decided who won the entire match....only to be taken away.
      According to the rules, it was a round which should not have taken place in the first place. The members from that team requested for that round to be delayed before the start of the last round, and had their requests pushed aside.

Originally posted by LaG KiLLeR
      When refs/umps make bad calls, they're not allowed to correct their calls after the game is over.
      To let bad calls stand after the game is over will lead to nothing more than escalating problems and more rules getting bent in the long run (because then the ops will know that they can freely make whatever calls they want, knowing it can not be reversed).
      CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

Originally posted by Zingy
        According to the rules, it was a round which should not have taken place in the first place. The members from that team requested for that round to be delayed before the start of the last round, and had their requests pushed aside.

To let bad calls stand after the game is over will lead to nothing more than escalating problems and more rules getting bent in the long run (because then the ops will know that they can freely make whatever calls they want, knowing it can not be reversed).
        I believe you're wrong, Zingy, about the match never should have taken place.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeus
          I believe you're wrong, Zingy, about the match never should have taken place.
          We're all entitled to our opinions. :turned:

Edit: This will be my last post in this thread. You can now all freely talk about how you consider breaking rules to be fair, without having me here to ruin your fun.
          Last edited by Zingy; 07-25-2006, 04:45 PM.
          CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

Originally posted by Zingy
            We're all entitled to our opinions. :turned:
            Doesn't make yours right.

Comment

Originally posted by Defender
              So your players would have cancelled their vacation if appeal didn't get through and make the next round of playoffs? By your logic, everyone can appeal for missing some players.
              No not at all. I'm clearly stating, if we lose, we want a replay too. That way everything is fair, ya know? Everyone should get 2nd chances.

When it comes down to finals instead of going in 3 rounds, lets call it. 3 rounds, if Team A wins first 2 roudns, round 2 is replayed. If they both win 1 round, and then TEAM A wins 3rd round, lets just replay it. Gotta have fair ya know, we must rip teams of their wins.
              I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

Think the worst point is that they wanted to go to sleep.

They are the ones who scheudled the time and us Pirates had no choice. We accepted 4:00 to play the whole thing and I even screwed over my euros. They stayed on to finish.

We were forced to play at 4:00, we played it, we won, and it was ripped away.

That is probably one of the worst calls I've ever seen in Trench Wars History. Disq stalled, and he added players.
                I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

I think the call by staff of letting the game finnish was their mistake, not the replay.
                  Only the loyal count.

Comment

lol nice this will make me quit subspace much faster that I thought, thx

Comment

• Lol
                      TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                      TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                      Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                      1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                      4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                      1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

• drama, drama, and more drama
                        Syndicate - 2 time TWL-D/TWL-J Champions
                        Thunder - Season 11 TWL-J Champions
                        Amputate - TWEL-J Champion

Comment

• Lol?.

1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                          4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him

Comment

• As much as i'm bummed about the appeal going through, it was the right choice. It's all good though cause we'll beat em again. I GUARANTEE IT
                            7:RaCka> yo
                            7:ph> hi
                            7:RaCka> LOL PH HI
                            7:ph> oops
                            7:ph> i mean FUCK YOU ****ER
                            7:ph> fucking freudian slip

Comment

• lol?

Comment

• This is pretty stupid considering they never sent an appeal into the official e-mail within 24 hours as per the rules.

Now we're going to play losing two of our starters against a team we already beat... whose reason for trying to postpone last week's game was so that people who played anyway "couldn't make it"...

I don't mind Disq sending in the appeal (to the wrong place), but I do mind that the appeal was granted.
                                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                                X