-FINAL- vs Pirates quarter-final appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Epinephrine
    This is pretty stupid considering they never sent an appeal into the official e-mail within 24 hours as per the rules.

Now we're going to play losing two of our starters against a team we already beat... whose reason for trying to postpone last week's game was so that people who played anyway "couldn't make it"...

I don't mind Disq sending in the appeal (to the wrong place), but I do mind that the appeal was granted.
    Considering my "inside sources" tell me you and Kim were mucking with the whole round 3 afraid, I'd keep little lower profile, if I were you. Since, Pjot decided to use stuff from our chat session, I think I'm allowed to post a quote too.

5:Windreaper> besides, my "inside sources" say you were whining to kim and epi to break the rules and have the 3rd roudn started
    5:PjOtTeR> we were just whining to them we wanted to play it at that instance
    5:PjOtTeR> staff discussed the matter for about 20 minutes, and decided the rule was wrongly written and wrongly interpreted by disq and decided to play the 3rd round right away

-NT-
    Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

• loLOLOl
      TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
      TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
      Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
      1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
      4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
      1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

• Originally posted by Windreaper
        Considering my "inside sources" tell me you and Kim were mucking with the whole round 3 afraid, I'd keep little lower profile, if I were you. Since, Pjot decided to use stuff from our chat session, I think I'm allowed to post a quote too.

5:Windreaper> besides, my "inside sources" say you were whining to kim and epi to break the rules and have the 3rd roudn started
        5:PjOtTeR> staff discussed the matter for about 20 minutes, and decided the rule was wrongly written and wrongly interpreted by disq and decided to play the 3rd round right away

-NT-
        Too bad I was afk since the beginning of the second round. I was doing stuff in real life and forgot to turn off SS. So whatever your 'inside sources' say, they were completely wrong. I have no reason to muck around a game where Herc won't even let me play in vs a squad I was formerly in where I'm a long time friend of the squad captain.

What is NOT wrong is that the appeal was never sent into the proper e-mail.
        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
        www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epinephrine
          Too bad I was afk since the beginning of the second round. I was doing stuff in real life and forgot to turn off SS. So whatever your 'inside sources' say, they were completely wrong. I have no reason to muck around a game where Herc won't even let me play in vs a squad I was formerly in where I'm a long time friend of the squad captain.

What is NOT wrong is that the appeal was never sent into the proper e-mail.
          got a good point
          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

• Originally posted by pascone
            got a good point
            What can I say, Disq screwed up. Also a short apology here to Epi (and Kim). I did not mean to imply you misused your powers and I also apologize for my poorly chosen wording. Also, I of course had no way to know your level of involvement and assumed too much from what Proj said (irritated by Proj and Herc's attitude).

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

What can I say, Disq screwed up.
              Let me get this right, so I can do the following thing next season and fall back on the appeal option if I need to.

Disq screwed up by adding his players in round 3, which meant that he agreed to play.

Disq screwed up by failing to submit the appeal to the proper e-mail, which therefore makes this appeal invalid.

Yo, if we're going to follow rules, shouldn't Disq's appeal be invalid?
              Not to mention, Zingy's United Force appeal. Because you know Zingy, he's all about being fair and following the rules.

Comment

• Very much yes, as far as submitting the appeal is concerned, really need to be thankful to whoever made the decision for not dismissing it on a technicality. There's no point in getting into whether Disq agreed to play or not by adding, since he was adviced to do so by staff despite repeatedly expressing his wish to reschedule as per TWL rules. Case closed. Other than that, I feel like a prick for the last few posts, sorry to everyone involved, going to get some sleep.
                Last edited by Windreaper; 07-26-2006, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaG KiLLeR
                  Let me get this right, so I can do the following thing next season and fall back on the appeal option if I need to.

Disq screwed up by adding his players in round 3, which meant that he agreed to play.

Disq screwed up by failing to submit the appeal to the proper e-mail, which therefore makes this appeal invalid.

Yo, if we're going to follow rules, shouldn't Disq's appeal be invalid?
                  Not to mention, Zingy's United Force appeal. Because you know Zingy, he's all about being fair and following the rules.
                  L K,

May I refer you to the thread you started named "According to Zingy's Logic" for an enlightening response from me.

With lot's of spaceship love, :wub:

-Me

P.S. Did you know that it is estimated that up to 15 percent of bottled water sold is bottled from unfiltered rainwater. I didn't. Maybe you should spend some time thinking about the global economy as it relates to bottled water, instead of spending your time trying to find flaws in my logic (which is unlikely for you to be able to do).
                  CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

• Originally posted by LaG KiLLeR
                    I believe you're making the big deal out of this. Because, your squad already lost the match, and I'm fine with the outcome. You're the one complaining lol
                    Bud, go back and read my first reply to this. I was never confrontational at all. I was just curious why we couldn't use the rule, like Disq mentioned. Hey, just incase you don't feel like going back and reading my original post. Here is what I said to make sure we're clear on whose "making a big deal out of this."

<<<<<That's pretty much it from my point of view, I'm not going to make this into a "bash staff" thread. Thats really not my motive at all. I know you guys are trying to do the best you can. So thanks.>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, thats really me making a big deal out of this. Oh yeah, it looks like staff agreed to let us use that rule and that it shouldn't have been played. So obviously when I was curious why it was played, I was being realistic. You're the one trying to make this emo. Relax lol B)
                    RaCka> how can i get you here
                    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                    RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                    death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

• First of all, I'd like to thank all of my devoted fans that have kept me in the discussion even when I've been and will be afk for the rest of this week.

Everyone's obviously pretty agitated by this whole issue, insults are made and people are falsely accused of stuff they did not do (like my dear old friend Epinephrine). I'm not trying to stirr up shit, but here's my point of view.

Epinephrine is correct, I did not email the appeal to the precise email address that's enlisted at the rules, however I emailed it to an address that I received from TW staff as a reply to my ?help message, and it was clarified by staff that this was the correct email (my mistake for not double checking). I even asked Pure_Luck a couple of times but received no answer that could've prevented this mishap. Luckily I posted it on the forums as well, and in conclusion staff was between choosing an appeal sent to the wrong email or a game that was never meant to be played. I'm not saying that this decision was 100% justified, but it sure is more justified than ignoring the appeal when they (obviously) received it anyway, no matter how. Choosing the option that's "less wrong" is never easy.

I'm also glad that the other appeal was granted, as it was even clearer breaking of rules than ours. Let's hope this sets a tone for the rest of the playoffs that even "regular season" rules are to be followed.

- Disqualifier
                      Domi> I'll take right one, you take left..truce
                      USS Banana> ok
                      Domi> on a sidenote Samurai and Strike are hunted
                      Get ready. Game will start in 10 seconds
                      USS Banana> you arent playing
                      Domi> made too many plans and forgot to play

Nowyoudie> Sika once talked to me
                      Nowyoudie> He said !ready

Comment

-NT-
                        If you use a conversation, please use the entire conversation. This way you are again twisting what I have said to make it look worse for me and better for you... If I am right, correct me if I am wrong, I also said we whined to staff that we wanted to play at that instance just like disq whined he wanted to play it on an other time. As we whined to staff in general, in public( I actually only whined in public, but towards staff and host shizzle) and to the host...
                        Im not really blaming -final- on anything here... while it was staff's mistake... Why first tell both teams it is gonna be played right away, to then after it is being played, declared the game not valid and have a replay...
                        Also I do not think it is fair to Boz and whatever LD squad facing sk8 in semi's to not be able to schedule their game on a desired time, an other fuckup by staff.
                        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

• I hope this Pirates vs -FiNAL- game can be played saturday, so we dont have to play a late game on sunday. Since 17:00 EST is 11pm dutch time.
                          I dont wanna get screwed over cus of mistakes of anyone else.

Comment

• Well I just saw that Pirates vs -final- will be sunday 14:00 EST...
                            lets hope the bots will not crash again or something, cus I hate late games

Comment

• logic just manages to escape some people here. Hercules, Lag Killer?
                              jee

Comment

• Im being dumb pirates vs -f- will only be one round lol

Comment

Working...
                                X