Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Should TWL Round 2 start Jan. 3-4th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well seeing how staff started this poll and it looks like almost everyone wants it to start next weekend...Staff should make a decision now and let us know so I can plan to be at the game if its going to be played.
    A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

Am I really the only one not making plans what Im gonna do on a sunday that is 3 weeks away? You all must have so important lives compared to mine This thread is making me sad. I fail at life
      Originally posted by Tyson
      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
      Originally posted by HeavenSent
      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
      Originally posted by Izor
      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
        Am I really the only one not making plans what Im gonna do on a sunday that is 3 weeks away? You all must have so important lives compared to mine This thread is making me sad. I fail at life
        You're not alone.. *pats Manties head*

Lets go to the sauna together! :]

Comment

Yeah, I guess I as well fall into the category of having no life at all since I know now already I won't be doing anything at sunday the 4th 1-5pm est.
          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
          There wont be another election for president.
          Obama is the Omega President.
          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

the sooner, the better. why prolong my riCEbagging of quake ne longer=S?

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
              Well I suppose someone can explain then why soft lock is good rule, and whats the point of players being able to join same squad they left.
              Soft Lock is to prevent TWL players, who have already qualified for TWL with a squad, to leave their squad and play another that season of TWL. After the soft lock, they are NOT allowed to re-join their previous TWL squad if they left it. Meanwhile, it leaves a couple weeks open for TWL squads to recruit some up and comers from the TWD ranks before hard lock. Or, if an old player comes back for TWL a little late, as often happens (take a look at Tuxxer, or Crazy Canuckout on Pirates as an example), they can join their original TWL squad and play the season. Yet we do need a time where we cut off recruiting entirely, and that's when the hardlock comes in.

So well it might not seem needed for you, it's like by alot of older players. The system doesn't hurt anyone, it just apparently confuses people too dumb to understand it.

Originally posted by Valholy View Post
              It would be a very bad idea and poor management to change the initial decision that was posted on the website already.

TWL Round 2 will start the weekend of Jan 10th-11th.

Keep it that way because my squad of 12 players have already made plans based on the website/zoners saying that TWL will resume Jan 10th-11th.
              Val, you're my buddy so I'm going to try and keep this light disregarding the fact that I'm getting pretty pissed of at people about it. It isn't poor management at all, leaving it at the 10th-11th would of been poor management. Read my posts in this thread before you reply and you'll understand why.

P.S. - this is one of the disadvantages to a tiny roster, in case you were wondering. If you're the only captain, you should already be preparing for this, because it's going to happen. Make sure you have someone available to run the squad come game time, hell make a few TWD recruits if you have to. Better than your squad forfeiting and taking a zero. I mean really, all 12 people go on vacation at the same time, planned around TWL? Sorry, but as I said somewhere else in this post, that's why good squads have depth. Both in players and leadership. Welcome to TWL.

Still :wub: you man, just people not reading before they post is making me batshit crazy.
              Last edited by Capital Knockers; 12-28-2008, 03:57 PM.
              7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
              7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
              7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
              7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
              1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
                Soft Lock is to prevent TWL players, who have already qualified for TWL with a squad, to leave their squad and play another that season of TWL. After the soft lock, they are NOT allowed to re-join their previous TWL squad if they left it.
                Thanks for response and unnecessary witty comments between lines.
                Personally I dont see this rule doing anything that benefits. Player can always play for whatever sqd when qualifying for twl and then leave right before twl starts/soft lock. Or he can play/win few (or is it one) games in twl for the sqd, and then join his "real" sqd before hard lock.
                Also I wasnt aware that player isnt allowed to rejoin the sqd, cause I have been reading this entertaining drama about a2m leaving and rejoining Dice. And nobody bothered to correct me earlier.

So all in all, I agree that soft lock doesnt hurt anyone, but since it doesnt really benefit either there is no point to keep it. Rules should be there for a reason, and if the reason is just to create cool drama in forums, well it's entertaining but in quite retarted way.

Comment

Thanks for response and unnecessary witty comments between lines.
                  Personally I dont see this rule doing anything that benefits. Player can always play for whatever sqd when qualifying for twl and then leave right before twl starts/soft lock. Or he can play/win few (or is it one) games in twl for the sqd, and then join his "real" sqd before hard lock.
                  Also I wasnt aware that player isnt allowed to rejoin the sqd, cause I have been reading this entertaining drama about a2m leaving and rejoining Dice. And nobody bothered to correct me earlier.

So all in all, I agree that soft lock doesnt hurt anyone, but since it doesnt really benefit either there is no point to keep it. Rules should be there for a reason, and if the reason is just to create cool drama in forums, well it's entertaining but in quite retarted way.
                  Again, you're saying there is no reason. Did you miss the part where I pointed out that core squad poeple (Nikolai, Colonel, CC, Evasive.. etc) people who come late for twl, but are normally TWL players. Having the soft lock prevents people that worked to make twl from running to another squad, but gives a bit of leeway time for those late members of the community to come back to their squads. I see that as a benefit.

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"

Comment

Im pretty sure those people would have been able to join Pirates even without soft lock.

Comment

Im pretty sure those people would have been able to join Pirates even without soft lock.
                      Truth, they could even if it was one lock at week 3. Here's the thing though. One example might be people playing TWLM. That gives TWLsquadrostered players 3 more weeks to squadhop, and people find that annoying. both because it messes with TWLM picks, and squads in general. If a player sees their squad losing the first 3 weeks of twl, maybe they'll jump ship and a squad will fall apart.

So that would mean putting it sooner, like week 1. But then we have people complaining that these old players, or up and comers from TWD are cut out of the picture much too quickly. That they should have the chance to get in on TWL early in the season. I happen to agree, they should.

So Soft Lock is basically a compromise, and a good one if you ask me. Stops players that are already in TWL from squadhopping if their squad isn't doing so well - but gives time for late members of the community to still participate in TWL. Granted those old players could still join Pirates, but they wouldn't be able to play TWL.

So I ask you, is that not a decent enough reason for a rule thats harming no one as you've previously stated - to stay in place?

Comment

Capital Knockers, stop doing 100 posts/essays per thread on something obvious/the same.

Can someone tell me why is 3rd-4th Jan even debated if the website is still broken? I am slowly getting tired of lack of consistency and considering taking off Sweet from this league, since it's too disorganized to be even defined as 'league'. If people responsible for the site did not make the amendments till today, the games should be shifted to the later day, so that they have an additional week for some actions. Else, twl is a joke.
                        2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                        2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                        2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Originally posted by veetee View Post
                          Capital Knockers, stop doing 100 posts/essays per thread on something obvious/the same.

Can someone tell me why is 3rd-4th Jan even debated if the website is still broken? I am slowly getting tired of lack of consistency and considering taking off Sweet from this league, since it's too disorganized to be even defined as 'league'. If people responsible for the site did not make the amendments till today, the games should be shifted to the later day, so that they have an additional week for some actions. Else, twl is a joke.
                          vt I'll make a post for every person that makes a post if I feel like it. Especially if it's people that need a good logical smack upside the head. Stop getting your panties in a knot bro, sounds like someone gave you coal for Xmas. You want your squad out, go ahead and pull it, it isn't going to win anything anyways. Furthermore, I've seen you 'stop caring' about your squad and this game in general like 5-10 times in the span of months. Kind of hard to take anything you say seriously.

Comment

vt I'll make a post for every person that makes a post if I feel like it. Especially if it's people that need a good logical smack upside the head. Stop getting your panties in a knot bro, sounds like someone gave you coal for Xmas. You want your squad out, go ahead and pull it, it isn't going to win anything anyways. Furthermore, I've seen you 'stop caring' about your squad and this game in general like 5-10 times in the span of months. Kind of hard to take anything you say seriously.
                            meh. it's no use comparing sweet to pirates, we didn't recruit a cheater. ho ho ho
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

You want your squad out, go ahead and pull it, it isn't going to win anything anyways.
                              rooooooooooooooooooofl so true they are pretty trashy they rely on caos whos not good enough to start for heavy
                              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Capital Knockers, stop steaming because of the internets. Calm down buddy. I just wanted to save you some time, so that you can attempt to spend in on different things than posting stuff that you keep rolling over without a point.

Can't remind myself of constant 5-10. Stop the big talk out the pirates' bench.

Will we finally get a decision when the matches are held or am I supposed to skim through all those essays for few more days?

Sincerely,

vt.
                                2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                                2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                                2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Working...
                                X