Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Should TWL Round 2 start Jan. 3-4th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veetee View Post
    Capital Knockers, stop steaming because of the internets. Calm down buddy. I just wanted to save you some time, so that you can attempt to spend in on different things than posting stuff that you keep rolling over without a point.

Can't remind myself of constant 5-10. Stop the big talk out the pirates' bench.

Will we finally get a decision when the matches are held or am I supposed to skim through all those essays for few more days?

Sincerely,

vt.
    I'm not really steaming, just annoyed with people attacking staff and this situation blindly. I have many fine points. How are you saving me time? I'm not coming into a thread and flaming the people running TWL and threatening to remove my squad (which I'm wondering how others on Sweet would feel about having their seasons cut short because you decided to throw a hissy fit). It's easy to not remember things we don't want to recall. You've left Sweet and stepped down as cap more times than I care to count. From what I can tell it's Aerin/Tohn that kept it going when it was on it's knees.

As for the Pirates bench, I've played, and will again. Either way, you should see our bench. We gotta bar, full service with wenches and everything! Trust me you'd love to be on this bench. Jones, vys has nothing to do with this so I don't know where that came from. Most likely from the depths of desperation and lack of any realistic arguement or point?

This sucks, I like you guys. Yes I post alot, it's a Sunday, shit weather outside, I'm bored. I enjoy debating and arguing, and there will always be plenty of sport on these forums. If you don't like me talking so much - stop giving me ammunition? Besides, this way the people you guys are senselessly attacking don't have to take the time to respond to dumb posts. They can rest easy knowing I'll shut them down, and go do more important things like run TWL and fix the site.

Only thing I really agree on with you guys is simple - I would like to see some decision on whether we're playing this sunday or not as of today or tommorow so people have the standard week to get ready. However asking nicely (like I did for this poll) might produce better results than the approach you took.

</essay>
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Keep it the same.. no point in changing it now.
      I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

Most everyone are back from their holidays by the third and fourth and are back into their normal routine. It seems silly to me to not play TWL that week. If anything it will just make squads more inactive for the week when we actually restart TWL.
        4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
        4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
        4:Geio> DEEZ?
        4:Geio> LOLOL
        4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
        4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
        4:spirit> LOL
        4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
        4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
          I'm not really steaming, just annoyed with people attacking staff and this situation blindly. I have many fine points. How are you saving me time? I'm not coming into a thread and flaming the people running TWL and threatening to remove my squad (which I'm wondering how others on Sweet would feel about having their seasons cut short because you decided to throw a hissy fit). It's easy to not remember things we don't want to recall. You've left Sweet and stepped down as cap more times than I care to count. From what I can tell it's Aerin/Tohn that kept it going when it was on it's knees.

As for the Pirates bench, I've played, and will again. Either way, you should see our bench. We gotta bar, full service with wenches and everything! Trust me you'd love to be on this bench. Jones, vys has nothing to do with this so I don't know where that came from. Most likely from the depths of desperation and lack of any realistic arguement or point?

This sucks, I like you guys. Yes I post alot, it's a Sunday, shit weather outside, I'm bored. I enjoy debating and arguing, and there will always be plenty of sport on these forums. If you don't like me talking so much - stop giving me ammunition? Besides, this way the people you guys are senselessly attacking don't have to take the time to respond to dumb posts. They can rest easy knowing I'll shut them down, and go do more important things like run TWL and fix the site.

Only thing I really agree on with you guys is simple - I would like to see some decision on whether we're playing this sunday or not as of today or tommorow so people have the standard week to get ready. However asking nicely (like I did for this poll) might produce better results than the approach you took.

</essay>

<Letter>

Dear friend,

I did not attack staff for once in this forums. Here are some examples of staff attacking:

-staff is dumb
          -staff knows shit
          -newb staff

What I did use was somple conditioning with the magical word IF, I will rephrase:

IF the staff did not fix the website until today, the matches SHOULD BE held at the day(s) it was primary decided, so that they have more time to fix the bugs if they can.

I just showed my dissatisfaction that nothing is kept constant in this league and it hinders its importance and significance, as everything can be basically subject to changes because few people (who can't even reasonably post because they won't even read books irl) decided to talk some trash (read other posts) because they missed date assignment poll.

Sincerely,

vt.

</letter>
          2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
          2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
          2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

I'm going to try and make this my last post about this, I've said all that can be said. Besides Herc coming in after all my arguing with his post owned me more than any person or point could of

Then scoop came and helped me believe in myself again! :wub:

vt, the way you worded your post is how you attacked staff. We've been playing TWL with the website in it's current condition and it's worked so far. You made it seem like you were some mad 12 year old or something. Again, I don't know if you've read my entire collection of poetry here, but there is a reason to have this poll. It wasn't just staff making one because I whined for it, it's because the other one didn't accuratly represent public opinion. There was no way to vote against specific days - and I was right when I said we'd most likely be playing had we the ability to vote against the 4th being off.

That aside. If staff doesn't make a decision by monday, or the website isn't up to snuff, and staff would like to take the week to work on it - so be it. Those would be fine reasons for delaying TWL another week. Currently however, it was said we were waiting another week because people voted for the day off. Whereas I simply asked for a poll where we could actually vote properly, rather than voting for 1 day off, some days off, all or no days off. You never even made reference to those points, you just came in here and started talking.

So yeah, if staff doesn't decide by sometime tommorow, I'd agree, wait it out. If they needed the time to fix the site, sure wait it out. Yet if you would just bloody well read, you'd realize that we're waiting because of an inaccurate vote. All I asked for, was a chance to fix that. Like Dabram said earlier, it's nice to have some TWL Ops who will actually realize 'hey, i did mess that up a lil, I'll make sure to fix it and make sure im actually doing what the public wants' rather than just saying fuck you.

P.S. this is the flaming i was talking about

Originally posted by veetee View Post
            Capital Knockers, stop doing 100 posts/essays per thread on something obvious/the same.

Can someone tell me why is 3rd-4th Jan even debated if the website is still broken? I am slowly getting tired of lack of consistency and considering taking off Sweet from this league, since it's too disorganized to be even defined as 'league'. If people responsible for the site did not make the amendments till today, the games should be shifted to the later day, so that they have an additional week for some actions. Else, twl is a joke.
            You're calling something they've worked very hard on a joke. You're insulting their ability to plan and organize when all they're doing is trying to make sure they've done things right by us. This is insulting, and flaming. Try finding someone on staff who disagrees.
            Last edited by Capital Knockers; 12-29-2008, 01:24 AM.
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

This sucks, I like you guys.

You want your squad out, go ahead and pull it, it isn't going to win anything anyways.
              :turned:
              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Okay so TWL will start Jan 3rd-4th, depending on if everything checks out okay with the site and bot. So far the bot works, the site seems okay, but if anyone has noticed some problems contact me or flabby <ER>.

Also: Hard lock has been moved back to the correct date (after Round 3 of TWL).

1 problem: one twl cap is saying the website is telling him they already have a twl match time for round 2. Anyone else having a similar problem?
                Last edited by MirrorriM; 12-29-2008, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                  Okay so TWL will start Jan 3rd-4th, depending on if everything checks out okay with the site and bot. So far the bot works, the site seems okay, but if anyone has noticed some problems contact me or flabby <ER>.

Also: Hard lock has been moved back to the correct date (after Round 3 of TWL).

1 problem: one twl cap is saying the website is telling him they already have a twl match time for round 2. Anyone else having a similar problem?
                  Well, from my perspective nothing changed so far. Here are the problems when I enter captain options:
                  Amend roster: I can add E'/dren and Not yourself and/or remove USS Stargazer (?)
                  Scheduling: I get the 'No games left to negotiate' message (?)
                  View squad: I get the funniest one in here: Your squad is not in TWL Season 12.

So has anything changed at all or am I just missing something?

Comment

I'm getting the same error as mr. vt of sweet is getting. When I try to amend the roster, my screen looks like this:

I also get the 'No games left to negotiate' message...
                    and the 'Your squad is not in TWL Season 12'

The website is still broken.

Comment

If you guys could try logging off and logging on again...And let me know if that does anything..

I think whats happend is its saved your login from when the site was messed up.so you need to logout and log back in..

Failing that find me in game (i will try and find you)...i need to recreate the problem so i can find whats causing it
                      Last edited by Doc Flabby; 12-29-2008, 09:26 AM.
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Truth, they could even if it was one lock at week 3. Here's the thing though. One example might be people playing TWLM. That gives TWLsquadrostered players 3 more weeks to squadhop, and people find that annoying. both because it messes with TWLM picks, and squads in general. If a player sees their squad losing the first 3 weeks of twl, maybe they'll jump ship and a squad will fall apart.
                        TWLM should be something to go with TWL, TWL should not worry about TWLM at all. TWLM should be able to adapt to different situation in TWL. I think it's silly that the main event/league/thing in TW makes rules that fits for "not so important" events, and not vice versa.
                        People can still squadhop if they leave within first week, and quite easy too. Is it annoying? Most likely. Can soft lock prevent it? No. If hardlock would take effect, lets say, somewhere around week 5 (isnt regular season like 10 weeks?) it would make sense to me. But now the 2 weeks period is kinda silly because both rosterlocks are so early in the season.

I understand your point of view, but since both rosterlocks are so early in the season I think it's just silly like I said. Also, I dont think I see squadhopping that big of a deal during TWL. If squad is on losing streak and their players dont care anymore and decide to no show, the squad is replaced anyway. Same result with people leaving to other squads.

Comment

Maan, I'm not gonna cry for this anymore but jeez.. Have a nice twl week 2. Cya in two weeks...
                          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                            If you guys could try logging off and logging on again...And let me know if that does anything..

I think whats happend is its saved your login from when the site was messed up.so you need to logout and log back in..

Failing that find me in game (i will try and find you)...i need to recreate the problem so i can find whats causing it
                            I've already done that. It has no effect, everything is the same (I retried the maneuver now as well). I have also new TWD password that I log on with.

I will consult other captains of Sweet to see if they face the similar problem, since I cannot do anything to add few players to my roster and schedule the game on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post

I log out and log back in every time, my browser doesn't save the passwords. The site is still giving me the same nonsense. I've even tried adaM's idea of clearing the cache, which obviously didn't fix it. As of Monday, I can't negotiate for the time slot vs. Heavy nor can I make amendments to my roster.

(hi deli :wub: )

Comment

why dont we get stuff working before we set any dates.

(hi val :fear: )
                                1. You're reading my comment
                                2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
                                4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
                                5. You're checking it now.
                                6. You're smiling.
                                7. You're still reading my comment.
                                8. You know all you have read is true.
                                10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
                                11. You're checking it now.
                                12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

Comment

Working...
                                X