No announcement yet.

Thunder Appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I am satisfied with you responses, mirrorrim, even though your statements differ from your actions. That makes me a little confused.

I added fujiwara but I assumed immediately that the website would have its timers reset or the code would be roughly set for 7 days instead of rounds, so I did not nag 10 times to ensure but asked only once.
    2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
    2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
    2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

• Originally posted by Summa View Post
      Man do i hate agreeing with thunder, but I really do agree with this. And why does Thunder have to pay for your blunders?
      thunder paid with bad performance. and they are looking to excuse their loss any way they can. this isnt about following the rules, because on any given day, this would have been overlooked if they had won the game, and certainly wouldnt ask for a rematch. it is pathetic to watch, and it shows the desperate attempt at winning what seems to be an impossible twld season for them...and this complaint only proves the level of desperation covered by some "we just want to follow the rules" argument. only people who screwed thunder over were their starting ld lineup at the time.

now can we please switch this thread to how bad Exalt actually is, going 0-5 and having ego...why did noone mention this??? this shits moneeeyyyyy

exalt so bad rofl
      Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

• Originally posted by royCE View Post
        thunder paid with bad performance. and they are looking to excuse their loss any way they can. this isnt about following the rules, because on any given day, this would have been overlooked if they had won the game, and certainly wouldnt ask for a rematch. it is pathetic to watch, and it shows the desperate attempt at winning what seems to be an impossible twld season for them...and this complaint only proves the level of desperation covered by some "we just want to follow the rules" argument. only people who screwed thunder over were their starting ld lineup at the time.

now can we please switch this thread to how bad Exalt actually is, going 0-5 and having ego...why did noone mention this??? this shits moneeeyyyyy

exalt so bad rofl
        gonna pull an Ease here hahahahahaha:

I went 0-5 knowing that thunder would appeal, and that if I were to kill anyone then they would have had an argument, so I went 0 kills and negative to one up thunder in the argument
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• He went 0-5 guys... if he went 10-5 then u got a reason to appeal but not now. get over it & take the lost like men.
          SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
          SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
          Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
          Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
          1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
          1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

• Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
            really man, lay off mirr, she's done wicked so far.
            Quoted cuz wicked baser is her boyfriend. Hopefully this quote is lame enough to end this thread. I mean, we got the message saying that soft lock players were eligible for round 2 cuz of the confusion, didn't you guys? Just kidding, suckers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
              Quoted cuz wicked baser is her boyfriend. Hopefully this quote is lame enough to end this thread. I mean, we got the message saying that soft lock players were eligible for round 2 cuz of the confusion, didn't you guys? Just kidding, suckers!
              If that's true thats awesome, nice one man :P
              7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
              7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
              7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
              7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
              1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

• 3.05c Waiting Period
                The Standard Waiting Period for roster eligibility goes as follows: Any player joining a squad for participation in Trench Wars League (this includes changing names), will be subject to a 1 Round Waiting Period after being accepted by the squad Captain. Players will not be eligible to participate in Trench Wars League matches until a round occurs in which the player cannot play (Example: Players joining the Tuesday after round 3 will not be allowed to play in any games until round 5). Saturday 1PM EST is the start of the next round.
                Can anyone honestly say, if this was a situation between two squads they cared nothing about, that they'd still think that according to this rule, the offending player was objectively allowed to play?

The waiting period rule is by ROUND to keep people from hopping squads and playing a game right away, and the Christmas break etc should not affect this at all. If the bots were down for 5 years he still shouldn't have been able to play. If MirrorriM actually told them it was okay to add him, then fine, they're in the clear, but that is objectively an incorrect call if we're going by the rules.

Anyway, I guess this is all meaningless as the call has already been made, but it's just annoying how all of the loudest people against this appeal are the Dynasty players, all of whom are only yelling because it's their squad. I agree that this is a total dick move by Thunder, but I don't see how anyone could objectively say that they didn't have a valid appeal.
                sdg

Comment

• I can objectively say Thunder had a valid reason to appeal. I can objectively say Mirrorrim made a bad judgement call and clearly shows to know the rules or lack there of. In other words, wax would've been allowed to play, we didn't know that... some others would've been allowed to play, we didn't know that.

And all this because mirrorrim is a girl and got seduced by exalt the guy who very well knew the rules but couldn't go omg 4 weeks omg without twl and thus seduced an innocent lil girl...
                  Atleast if you try to bend some rules or any rules, do it the good way aka pascone style... have a person get to play that normally shouldn't be able to that actually impacts the game... this just makes you look dumb... heck you got a person to play that is even worse then diso wbs and on top of that he did 0-5... And Thunder isn't at all to blame for appealing here because they are well in their rights, and if Mirrorrim would be a great op this situation would've never arrised... Heck I've seen appeals get granted on way shadier rules and way better calls to start with....

In other words, this is a fucked up situation and the appeal being about a guy that went 0-5 makes it just that much better and quite frankly also makes Thunder look silly... Right yes, but still silly haha
                  TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                  TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                  TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                  First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

• Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                    Can anyone honestly say, if this was a situation between two squads they cared nothing about, that they'd still think that according to this rule, the offending player was objectively allowed to play?

The waiting period rule is by ROUND to keep people from hopping squads and playing a game right away, and the Christmas break etc should not affect this at all. If the bots were down for 5 years he still shouldn't have been able to play. If MirrorriM actually told them it was okay to add him, then fine, they're in the clear, but that is objectively an incorrect call if we're going by the rules.

Anyway, I guess this is all meaningless as the call has already been made, but it's just annoying how all of the loudest people against this appeal are the Dynasty players, all of whom are only yelling because it's their squad. I agree that this is a total dick move by Thunder, but I don't see how anyone could objectively say that they didn't have a valid appeal.

Exactly, I can see absolutely no objective reason why he was allowed to play. It was the WRONG decision, and someone else is paying for it.

And as for those two people who replied to me, you obviously had no understanding of the very few words that I said. It just seemed like that statement by mirr was one that as ease said "belittled" the mistake made rather than owned up to it. It said something along the lines of "well....my bad, you pointed that one out, but you're still fucked even though you've proven i am wrong" and even then the admission that she was wrong was not there.
                    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                    Originally posted by kthx
                    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                      Anyway, I guess this is all meaningless as the call has already been made, but it's just annoying how all of the loudest people against this appeal are the Dynasty players, all of whom are only yelling because it's their squad.
                      Thats exactly right. We are yelling becuase a replay would not have been a fair decision given we did nothing wrong ad exalt was given direct permission from a TWL op to play in the game. You all may not like that call but that was the call that was made. Deal with it. Ease you asking for Mirrorim to admit she is wrong is totally unfair to her. She didnt do anything wrong. According to the rules she was allowed to make Exalt eligable to play the game and she did so. And she did so because of the whole twd Hacking and the 3 week TWL delay. So lay off bro your being childish about the whole thing cause you're butt hurt that you lost.

As for whatever that guy KIAN said. LOL you just make THunder look even more childish then they already are buddy. Got get a life then maybe you can reply with somthing LEGIBLE.
                      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

• Summa, if you say thunder had to pay for it one more time I'm going over there with a big giant axe and hack your already little brain into two pieces and eat one of them just to get a glimps of what a retard tastes like.
                        Thunder payed for sucking, exalt had no impact on the game, despite kian's hilaric comparisons to basing.
                        Objectively agreeing with thunder is fine, but any more than that makes you a sackless piece of shit. They sucked, they lost, end of story.

p.s. stop mentioning sk8 and thunder in the same sentence cuz the sk8 I remember had some sense of dignity (yes I wasn't there the last season when they lost that too).

p.p.s. feels good to blow of steam
                        "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

• off*

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                            Funny how you're so sure you'll beat us again yet so against a replay

Preseason and Round 2 regular season. How many times do we have to beat you for it to actually count?
                            A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

• Originally posted by Summa View Post
                              without even reading any of the talk in this thread, thunder is right. somebody dropped the ball, i am assuming after the DB crash and TWD hacking, and allowed exalt onto a roster without enforcing the waiting period. whoever gave permission for him to play fucked up and whoever allowed this to happen fucked up, and whoever disagrees with the simple fact that the 1 ROUND waiting period was not enforced is a retard. i am completely unbiased here because TWLD means jack shit to me, and if anything i have a natural hate for thunder, but they have a legitimate case. someone in staff fucked up, and i don't blame the ref because they are just taught to check to make sure who all is rostered. as for anyone's "he waited two weeks excuse" if its out there...thats good and dandy but i clearly states a round. thunder should be rewarded with at least a replay of this contest, even though the rules do state a forfeit for ineligible players being added. in essence staff fucked up and thunder paid the price (even though exalt was an ancillary player at the most based upon his rec).

good day
                              Humid
                              We shouldn't be punished for the staffs fuck up. Doesn't matter if it was an OP or a REF. Staff should all be on the same page. if the ref was unsure he should have said no. so again, we should not be punished for someone elses mistake. How am I to know if Dreamwin is a TWL OP or a REF.
                              A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

• If only draft had put more time in his studies, questioning whether energy emission is somehow a part of the periodic table of elements seems just plain wrong. This was really well put together I must say.

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
                                p.s. stop mentioning sk8 and thunder in the same sentence cuz the sk8 I remember had some sense of dignity (yes I wasn't there the last season when they lost that too).

p.p.s. feels good to blow of steam
                                GRR!!!!!!1111 GRR SK8 REL GOOD SQUAD, STOP MENTIONING GRR. ANGER WELLING UP INSIDE ME GRR, HULKREDNAZ..................GRR!!!
                                4:BigKing> xD
                                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Working...
                                X