No announcement yet.

TWL Season 13....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twl is a league of competition,a league to determine who is the best.

Let's separate things in tw.

There are the ppl that want to have fun, and the ones that also want to compete.

if u want to have fun there are infinite places to play.but TWL is actually the only place to compete for real.Thats why its twl. its a league for the big boys of trench wars. where the best play against the best.When a twld is announced,the arena needs to be with 100+ ppl in the arena to watch the fucking game.The ppl of the other zones need to leave their zones and come watch.Bcz everyone wants to see who are the great players,the best players of the biggest zone.This is Trench Wars.

Newbies shouldn't get in there.Maybe not even "good" players should be in there. TWL has to be where the elite of trench wars is at.You gotta battle to get inside it.It has to be hard to get inside it.That's competition.That's what we are needing.

Don't fuck with it.Don't make it less important. Put 8 squads into it and its way more than enough already.If you can't get into it,try harder you fucking newbie,get better.This is not TWD.This is TRENCH WARS LEAGUE YOU FUCKERS

That's what we want.

Comment

Look,

8 squads...

right now in TWDD we have 24 squadrons. I rememeber in the past it would be like 100 squads. But things changed. we have now 24 squadrons.

8 squads = 33%

yes, 33% of the squadrons in twdd get into twll (if its 8 squadrons)

now,let's take a look at jd..

21 squadrons...

38%....

bd..

16 squadrons...

50%

If we going to put more squads into twl its easier to just kill twl and make twd our league.

BTW, about squad dropping.....

I think we should let squadrons to recruit players twd players middle twl to play twl.This is going to avoid the squad dropping.

ITS NOT BAD CAPPING that kills the squadron. What can a cap do, if the squad start losing games,and every1 abandon the squadron or get inactive???Some squad has to lose,right???TWL is long and lots of things can happen trought the time.The cap CANT recruit any1 if ppl dissapear, so the squadron will just get inactive and die.It's not the fault of the captain.

I was captain of STRAY, the CHAMPION squadron. and we ALMOST DIED and we almost didnt show for 2 GAMES witch would get us disqualified. it happened bcz ppl into my squadron got inactive!! and there were NOTHING that i could do about.

and remember it was STRAY, the CHAMPION squadron.it wasnt a newbie squadron.

So please,let the squadrons recruit middle of twl.
      Last edited by Mega Newbie; 05-29-2009, 01:50 PM. Reason: .

Comment

stray was ridiculously easy and shouldnt have been in twl if you had asked me in week 2 or so 2 twl's ago. haha look how things go around

i sort of get your point, but stray was nothing compared to fistula which was rated mediocre. shut up champ.
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
          stray was ridiculously easy and shouldnt have been in twl if you had asked me in week 2 or so 2 twl's ago. haha look how things go around

i sort of get your point, but stray was nothing compared to fistula which was rated mediocre. shut up champ.
          How many seasons you saw a squad going like perfect during the season and then in finals it loses??

Well,we in Stray aimed to win twl and we knew that playoffs is what matter.not the season. I made that view pretty clear to the squadron while captaining it.

Before the league started, i told my players to not care about the season and actually worry about the playoffs lol. This made us lose some ez games in twl,making us looks like noobs but also we would win vs "hard" squadrons witch would make us looks a weird squadron lol. But we weren't a wierd squadron. We were just not caring about winning or losing lol, our only objetive was to qualify for playoffs.

Ignite and quake's players please learn from ur master Mega Newbie.....

Trying to win every game during the season is a bad thing sometimes...
          it gives EGO to the squadron and a false illusion that you are the best.It makes you squadron hopes for too much and it put pressures on your own players during the finals,witch is a bad thing.It makes the newbies and the ppl in general think you are the best,but at the end their opinions are worth nothing.

look at thunder...
          Thunder played oky and all,very nicely and without any hopes(at least not showing bcz thats what matter),losing a game ,2,maybe 3.... woudnlt matter.... you know..they were just walking..
          They qualified for playoffs and didnt had any ego or something.Guys are more experienced,they went to playoffs and etc...

oh they got into final....
          vs quake...

Thunder 2-0 Quake

Thats how it work ppl
          Last edited by Mega Newbie; 05-29-2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Bring back 10. Give Rape a chance.

I think we need to keep TWLD at at least 10 squads and I agree with Jones. By furthering the limit on the amount of squads in TWL we aren't helping the overarching theme of zone population decrease. Now anyway can see that on TWL Sunday's we get enormous populations to come play around 450 people I'd say. Now if we further limit the amount of TWLD squads thats a significant 2 rosters of people that won't have incentive to show up on Sunday anymore. As a captain of a once lower tier squad I'd like to see chances given to the lower tier squads to develop through TWLD.

I think that squads like Rape deserve a chance to make something out of themselves someday. If we become elitest and say 0-9, you can't play than we are just further limiting the potential for growth in Trench Wars. Bad idea. Bring back 10 squads for TWLD.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega Newbie View Post
              How many seasons you saw a squad going like perfect during the season and then in finals it loses??

Well,we in Stray aimed to win twl and we knew that playoffs is what matter.not the season. I made that view pretty clear to the squadron while captaining it.

Before the league started, i told my players to not care about the season and actually worry about the playoffs lol. This made us lose some ez games in twl,making us looks like noobs but also we would win vs "hard" squadrons witch would make us looks a weird squadron lol. But we weren't a wierd squadron. We were just not caring about winning or losing lol, our only objetive was to qualify for playoffs.

Ignite and quake's players please learn from ur master Mega Newbie.....

Trying to win every game during the season is a bad thing sometimes...
              it gives EGO to the squadron and a false illusion that you are the best.It makes you squadron hopes for too much and it put pressures on your own players during the finals,witch is a bad thing.It makes the newbies and the ppl in general think you are the best,but at the end their opinions are worth nothing.

look at thunder...
              Thunder played oky and all,very nicely and without any hopes(at least not showing bcz thats what matter),losing a game ,2,maybe 3.... woudnlt matter.... you know..they were just walking..
              They qualified for playoffs and didnt had any ego or something.Guys are more experienced,they went to playoffs and etc...

oh they got into final....
              vs quake...

Thunder 2-0 Quake

Thats how it work ppl

Lol at a not caring about winning strategy. Yeah that really helped Sake last season, seeing that they couldn't even MAKE playoffs.

Comment

it works actually.

season 5 light 30-0, only won lb and it was dubious

season 6 diso 10-0 twlb, spastic wins

season 9 sindycate 10-0 twld, sk8 wins
                season 9 dice 10-0 twlb, -final- wins

season 10 pandora 10-0 twlb, dice wins

season 11 style 10-0 twld, stray wins

season 12 quake 10-0 twld, thunder wins

might be wrong in one or two, and I also might have forgot one or two.
                Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                Your friend,
                ​​Papi
                ​​​​​

Comment

TWLD 8 squads, this isnt a free for all league, its for the best. When i was a newb and was in squads pushing to qualify for twl when it was even 12 squads and we didnt make it, it only pushed me to get better so the next season i could be in twl. Letting anyone in twl decreases the competition in it and allows newbs to think they have already made the big time so have no reason to try hard like I used to to improve.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
                    it works actually.

season 5 light 30-0, only won lb and it was dubious

season 6 diso 10-0 twlb, spastic wins

season 9 sindycate 10-0 twld, sk8 wins
                    season 9 dice 10-0 twlb, -final- wins

season 10 pandora 10-0 twlb, dice wins

season 11 style 10-0 twld, stray wins

season 12 quake 10-0 twld, thunder wins

might be wrong in one or two, and I also might have forgot one or two.
                    \

get your facts straight, style wasn't 10-0, they lost to stray in regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by veetee View Post
                      1) AML can be held on a different day e.g. sunday or before and/or sunday's twl matches. You lack imagination and devotion, idiot.
                      2) For warbirds AML would consist of the likes: Return, Paladen, Crasian, Warpath, Ossify, Day, Leonians, Penetrate. You lack basic data analysis skills, idiot.
                      3) As I have written, TWL amateur league threat was made on THIS forum and the thread starter was no one else but Exalt. Does he play svs league? Don't think so. You lack the ability to understand the meaning behind elementary sentences, idiot.
                      4) Finally, you lack good manners because you are impudent enough to edit my post into trash with the usage of quotation and then to make a post right from your ass. That is is so unprofessional that I must assume your mental age lies within 5-14 interval, idiot

In conclusion, you are a pretendous retard and should never step up as a TWL op or anyone league-related because you will only harm the zone with your, watch out, unlimited idiocy. You are unable to confront any of the ideas you seem not to like using reasonable argumentation but you choose to produce unsupportive trash-talk. This is the 2nd time it hapened. Good job, idiot.

end of rant

P.s. I do not give a fuck about grammar or English in general
                      This AML thing was proposed by me, ricko and a bunch of other people last year, and was promptly turned down, staff said do it yourself gave no help and really had no interest in anything even when everyone did everything that was asked of them from staff

the whole point being, it wont happen so don't waste your time

and yes the idea was taken from pro/intermediate/amateur leagues in SVS

also, at the time when I asked all the lower tier squad captains, every single one of the squads said yes, which was a total of like 15+ at the time... all were down for it and excited... but nothing came about it... i would like to see it happen but I don't have faith in staff to help impliment it even if it were realistic... no offense ph, not really talking about you
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

read it again

"might be wrong in one or two, and I also might have forgot one or two."
                        Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                        Your friend,
                        ​​Papi
                        ​​​​​

Comment

ok this is going off-topic, i merely pointed out my views on more squads being allowed to enter twl and proposed something for the low-tier squads if we go by inviting 8 squads to twl.

while i sounded egoistical in my reply to you mega noob i still respected Stray and thought they were in fact a very good squad. you ended up winning twld because everyone predicted it would be stray, style, thunder as the top dogs. it was nothing new. you losing in regular was an upset. I can write an essay about the not caring part but i doubt it would be of much use. the better squad always wins.

oh and stayon's logic is pretty flawed. Siege was undefeated for 3 seasons and still won. there are just more squads at the same skill level now.
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
                            This is somewhat offtopic but if you're concerned about squad stacking then one solution would be to put a cap on the # of players allowed per roster based on how many leagues they're competing in. For example, a one league TWLD squad could have a roster limit of 10 or 15 (obviously it should be a bit more for a one league basing squad than a one league dueling squad). Also, reward squads that stick around for long periods of time (but still qualify for TWL) to have a slightly larger TWL roster.
                            This is a key idea imo. Let me try to exemplfy.

Set the initial capacity at 10 players (core). Now

*attendance in TWLD: +5 to capacity
                            *attendance in TWLJ: +5 to capacity
                            *attendance in TWLB: +8 to capacity

A squad participating in TWLJ only gets 15 roster cap. A squad participating in TWLD and TWLB gets 23 roster cap. Squad participating in all the leagues gets 28 roster cap and so on.

This is, imo, key idea to split the stacked and big squads into smaller ones and hence promote bigger twl attendance. What was the point of quake rostering 35 people for twl if only about 15 people were in rotation for the LD/LJ.
                            2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                            2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                            2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Originally posted by veetee View Post
                              What was the point of quake rostering 35 people for twl if only about 15 people were in rotation for the LD/LJ.
                              What's the point of Quake axing there inactive/not good enough for twl players and then having those players be on no roster at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                                What's the point of Quake axing there inactive/not good enough for twl players and then having those players be on no roster at all?
                                a chance for them to support mid to low-tier squads and hence push them upwards? (you know, avoiding 0-x record)
                                2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                                2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                                2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Working...
                                X