TWL Season 13....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PH View Post
    thunder is back and already packing a 40-man roster. i understand they're a three-league squad and all, so they need a bigger roster, but the fact is they could field two competitive lines in each league using their backups, maybe even three in twld and twlj, but these backups are instead content to sit on the bench week after week and, for all intents and purposes, contribute nothing to the league.
    Are we seeing the same roster? Looks like Thunder only has 1 competitive line AT MOST in each league.

Originally posted by PH View Post
    about all i can see that could be done at the moment would be to lower the twl roster cap, especially for squads that are not competing in all three leagues. i understand the need to have backups ready and all that, but when you have 13 people showing up to sit on the bench for your twld match, and at least 7 or 8 of them are competent warbirds, you're probably unnecessarily stockpiling players.
    Hope you're not talking about Thunder here since we had only had 7 competent warbirds last season and they all got a decent amount of playing time.

Comment

• your definitions of competent and competitive are skewed because you are godlike
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

• Good post ph,

I wrote about the roster cap on the 2nd page of the thread using Reaver's suggestion. Let me recall:

Set the initial capacity at 10 players (core). Now

*attendance in TWLD: +5 to capacity
        *attendance in TWLJ: +5 to capacity
        *attendance in TWLB: +8 to capacity

The system benefits triple league squads. It also promotes more pure javelin or warbird squads such as hit or hydra to spawn off the 50-roster count bench. It's probably the only way you way want to increase the competitiveness even further, assuming the squads joining twl remains fixed at 8.
        2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
        2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
        2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

• keep it at 10. sure we're losing population, but people have to stop being so pessimistic and banging that fact into people's heads, it's just depressing and unnecessary. twd is great and all, but it's not competitive. you're playing random players from the squad and it's more about 'do we have 4 players for a jd?'

the lower tier squads will play each other as well, some might even get lucky (and it happens every season) and make it to the playoffs because the higher tier squads are beating each other up.

going down to 8 squads is going in the wrong direction for keeping our population stable, healthy and excited about playing this game.

Comment

• A stricter roster cap also tends to unbalance the equilibrium TWL brings between competition and having fun and playing players that normally you wouldn't start and restricting them from being on a squad that they enjoy, and possibly throwing them to a squad just so they can play. (Damn that was a long sentence. Incredible comma splice usage)

Instead of restricting players to play and lowering the number of squads to 10, we need to encourage more competitive squads to form - which seems to actually be happening at the moment. We need to implement a stricter form of being able to make TWL.

Of course we need to keep the handy TWD end rankings, but taking an avg game per week and adding a score or activity divided by the number of people on the squad's roster. This can encourage people in a bloated squad to create a new squad with a couple of the members that they enjoyed playing and talking with.

Just some ideas. Encouraging growth, activity, and a stable population is the key to keeping this league fun and competitive at the same time. Move forward, stop implementing ideas that shrink and discourage people from playing our game even more.

Comment

• epi going to win twld. and epi also going to win twlj with lockdown, burg, vys, and oops gunna handle it. sry.
              5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
              5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
              5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
              5:Melanoma> aight cool
              5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
              5:Oops> what?
              5:Melanoma> ye
              5:Oops> you serious?
              5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
              5:Melanoma> fu
              5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
              5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

• I like to tan.
                3x TWLD All-Star
                2x TWLD Finals MVP
                2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

• lol javs, fyuck javs u WoW player and delectable is a tanning fool who needs the Texas sun when u got Darque Tan!

Comment

• So is twl starting in August for real then? I don't have time to read this all atm and ive been away! Oh and damn fine choice with ph running this thing, seems like a good choice whoever picked him.
                    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

• it was me, i picked him

Comment

Working...
                      X