TWL Season 13....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veetee View Post
    a chance for them to support mid to low-tier squads and hence push them upwards? (you know, avoiding 0-x record)
    It's inevitable that one squad will be the worst and will end up with 0 or 1 wins because if you're the worst, it's hard to beat even the 2nd worst team unless you get lucky. At least the top 10 warbirds would still have a spot on quake's roster and if you weren't one of the top 10 warbirds on quake I don't think you're going to much help to even the lower tier squads anyway. Really I think the roster limit of 35 is fine and lowering with it will just piss people off and have no positive effect on the competition level.

Comment

I think it's good to have more squads in TWL. Theres always a likely chance that a struggling squad could go haywire and dissolve mid-season, reduced teams or whatever the case may be. Obviously thats where the replacement squads come in and infuse a bit more energy and intangibles. Which in my opinion, I don't see much of a problem with.
      RaCka> how can i get you here
      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Why is it one op's decision whether delectable can return or not? Shouldn't the people vote on whether they want an ex-cheater to return to playing?

Kinda stupid, the twl op can be his friend for all we know, too much power in the position of head twl op, imo.
        4:BigKing> xD
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
        4:BigKing> xD

Comment

We already have roster limits anyway. It's called you can only tick a certain amount of people to play. Leave it at that. It's fine. No limits to prevent us squads from training in TWD we work hard to recruit the players we do and we deserve them from the hard work we put in. Stop implementing MORE RULES. More rules will not make TWL a more enjoyable experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
            read it again

"might be wrong in one or two, and I also might have forgot one or two."
            stayon come on you know how good stray was. no need to act stupid. just cause u mad at ronaldo

there's no reason to have 10 squads. 8 is still probably too many anyway.

and as for sake, our roster was top 3. unfortunately, roster doesn't equate in results
            violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
            [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

ronaldo > donovan or whoever
              Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
              Your friend,
              ​​Papi
              ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
                ronaldo > donovan or whoever
                portual
                violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                  Why is it one op's decision whether delectable can return or not? Shouldn't the people vote on whether they want an ex-cheater to return to playing?

Kinda stupid, the twl op can be his friend for all we know, too much power in the position of head twl op, imo.
                  I completely agree with this. The decision to let delectable in should be a staff wide decision, not the decision of one man.

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
                    \

get your facts straight, style wasn't 10-0, they lost to stray in regular season.
                    Actually no, we were 10-0, we lost to stray in semi's.

Also, my point remains that the past couple seasons we've had numerous people drop out or not win a single game, does that sound like a competitive league to you? The only counterargument I've seen is merely guesswork, neither you or I know entirely whether new players would just give up or try harder, I saw at least one person say above they were in this situation and they tried harder.
                    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                    3:Best> see it coming
                    3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post

Also, my point remains that the past couple seasons we've had numerous people drop out or not win a single game, does that sound like a competitive league to you? The only counterargument I've seen is merely guesswork, neither you or I know entirely whether new players would just give up or try harder, I saw at least one person say above they were in this situation and they tried harder.
                      Nope, you lost a game: http://web.archive.org/web/200801030...nSubLeagueID=1

If the format of the regular season is that every squad plays every other squad once, you could have 12, 8, 6, 4 or even 2 squads...still gonna have one squad with 0 or 1 win...Who cares if some squads drop out? Some other squad replaces them and gets some TWL experience, I don't see a problem with that.

You need the same amount of squads in each league, that tournament in TWLJ and TWLB was pretty stupid with some squads having to wait a month to play their next game. 10 squads for all leagues sounds good to me, any more than that and the season becomes too long.

If you're going to reset TWD before selecting TWL squads, it should be done soon.

Oh and update the maps please I will make them myself if someone sends me the rosters that should be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mega Newbie View Post
                        Look,

8 squads...

right now in TWDD we have 24 squadrons. I rememeber in the past it would be like 100 squads. But things changed. we have now 24 squadrons.

8 squads = 33%

yes, 33% of the squadrons in twdd get into twll (if its 8 squadrons)

now,let's take a look at jd..

21 squadrons...

38%....

bd..

16 squadrons...

50%

Those are some good odds for squads!
                        Sadly cholerics still struggling Im a sad panda.

On topic: Maybe have a cup for all the squads not in twl. At the moment of twl drafting, Every squad that wants to, is seeded into a knockout tourny. That would be fun for all the none twl competing squads and it would guarante that every team gets the chance to do something. Would take next to nothing to organise it to.

(Taking part in the cup wont affect being asked to take part in twl later on in the season)
                        Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                        TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post

http://web.archive.org/web/200801030...ubLeagueID= 1 GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT KID.

Comment

whens rapidshare buying subspace?
                            1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

20 minutes
                              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

should do final twd reset soonish
                                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment