No announcement yet.

Signup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k, i dunno about the trading idea but will think about it. Time for draft : Saturday at 2pm eastern time. Although i have work i'll figure out a way to be there or have some others help run it. We'll see. I have work all day on saturday but it seems like this saturday is the best time for the draft.

Comment

Who gets first pick in the draft? Here's my solution. game of dodgeball. Only the 10 captains play in the game, Pure_Luck as the starting shooter. 1st one knocked out gets 10th pick, 2nd gets 9th pick, and so on up to the winner gets the 1st pick. I think it would be fun, and it's pretty neutral in terms of whether the cap is a wb,jav,or base player, screw you guys if you don't like it.

Comment

Has anyone actually thought about the logistics of this? Let's say we set a time limit of 2 minutes per pick, if the captain doesn't pick within 2 minutes perhaps have a preranked list and they get assigned that player and the draft keeps moving on. The other option is to do it like the NFL and just skip over that person and their pick comes when they eventually get it in. But if some captain has like connection problems they could really get screwed like that.

300 players* 2 minutes per choice = 600 minutes, or a 10 hour draft. Granted not every captain will take the full 2 minutes so let's say maybe 400 minutes, that's still 6-7 hours.

What I'm thinking is since only really the first 10 rounds really matter, after that the talent pool is a bit thin, maybe 2 minutes per each of those picks, and then for the remaining 20 rounds have it be a 30 second cap.

Ideally there should be also be a way to know who is still remaining in the draft. i.e. they get removed from the website as they get picked. If that can't happen just encourage all captains to have the list printed out on paper, preferably in the order they want to draft people, and as people get picked they can scratch them off the list. Otherwise trying to find a person to pick from a list of 300 players and trying to remember who is available and who isn't is going to take a long time and really cause some trouble.

So yeah either make sure the captains are real competent and prepared, or make the website a lot more interactive.
        Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 01-30-2004, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Also the NFL draft is like 10 minutes or 7 minutes the 1st few rounds, then like u said the talent level isnt as high and it goes down to 5 minutes and i think eventualy 3 minutes. I could be wrong on the exact amount of minutes, but u get the point after so many rounds the time limit is shorter.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

It's also a multi day event, which we could do but would require all 10 captains showing up for multiple hours on both days, which is expecting too much.

Comment

Ya, but our time limits wouldnt be 7-10 mintues per pick and we dont have 30+ teams. Ifu got 10 teams, 2 minutes per pick thast 20 minutes TOP for 1st round, u'd get 3 round done in an hr, and im sure it wont take every captain 2 minutes. It'll still take a few hrs tho.

Also i like the whole dodgeball idea, or something along the liens of dodgeball. An event thats is basicaly equal among things.
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Weaselrace to 25!

Comment

3 rounds done in an hour might sound fine, until you realize there are at least 30 rounds. We could always do like the last 100 players assigned randomly to teams if it's running long I suppose.

Comment

Sleepy's got a point, i doubt anybody wants to say for 6-7 hours. I like the 2 minutes until the end of 10th round then you get 30 seconds idea.
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

• 30 secs isnt much to skim through your list, Cant be put the draft in 2? Like this saturday, and somewhere through the week, or make a website that is interactive and lets the captains do 1 pick every hour from a certain time ( k maybe less then an hour, or something like that ) This draft stuff seems kinda long, and I know I can make it on saturday at 8pm ( my time ). But I cant stay on like 6 hours.
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• Can I have a current list of players to look through?
                        Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

• Hey mattey

http://ranssi.paivola.net/~miku/twdt.html

btw its also on page 4 ^___^
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

• So far captains are : a2m, randedl,bram,mattey,anon,hellzno! .

Randedl will be picking the rest of the captains with me . The draft will be tommorow at 2pm eastern time

Comment

• good picks so far..
                              Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                              Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                              Server> dont worry mirror
                              Server> shark fits your tits
                              Peace <ZH>> shut up
                              Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                              Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                              1:Hercules> im level 90
                              1:Hercules> in 9d
                              1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                              1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

• I just hope I can be there tomorrow. :>

Comment

Working...
                                X