No announcement yet.

Another Basing Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably come off as a change-aphobe, when I was younger my parents sent me to therapy because i had to stay home from school when they threw away our oven- go ahead, laugh it up- you're fucked up too shitface. Anyways, I'm up for some of these changes, but don't fuck with the map, don't fuck with what people can play and can't play- that's garbage. I played my first decent game since august yesterday (thanks mambo)- won't be long now red ships.
    Last edited by Divine Rides; 02-25-2004, 10:46 AM.
    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Rides
      also let's get rid of half the ships and add some balls.
      I know you said this sarcastically, but there is actually demand for this.

Although we'd really be getting rid of 4/5s of the ships.

Comment

You and your Speedball! I'd oh so play if it came back.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Force of Nature
          Yea yea this is off topic, check this out as a solution to cram.

Based on sufficients TWDTB map:

It might require some modifications but ppl get the idea.
          that is definately the best idea of 2 entrance bases I have seen
          Might be too ez to enter by using warping though
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Force of Nature
            I think this is an oversimplication of what would happen. One shark mine would put a stop to that. Also I wanted to extend the shoot going up but was too lazy to draw it in so less angle on shots coming from the outside.
            If you put a mine in there, it'll get repped right down onto your cram, so now you have to watch out for that, so now you send one ship out to patrol the outside?

Like anything else, I'm all for testing it, I just don't think this would be an improvement.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Rides
              I was thinking maybe we should just eliminate the flag from basing and have it be a free-for-all for 30 minutes to see who can buy the most decoys- also let's get rid of half the ships and add some balls.

I'm with div.. minus the balls.

basing is fun, why fuck with it?

However, changing the direction of the bursts might be a simple way to give the attacking team a tiny edge that they don't have right now.
              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

First, I disagree with rand's ideas.
                1)Removing the bursts will not help the fun in the game. It will just cause the terr to be boring and more difficult to play. subspace certainly doesn't need less elements, it needs new ones and some changes too in the existing ones.

2)I don't like the idea of having bursts being ungreenable either. Greens are considered as an advantage in the game and removing part of this advantage will make it more boring. I don't think that terrs simply don't need to use bursts smartly : terr is the most difficult ship to play.

3)Reducing the bursts effectiveness isn't a conceivable option in the sense that it would only make the terr less effective. Why making the terr less effective? I don't see any valuable reason why.

4)Reducing the time of a decoy to last : see #3...

This said, I find that malladrin's idea makes a lot of sense, if we want to weaken the cram.. .let's give it a try!

As for the map idea, it would simply remove the balanced part of basing. It wouldn't be more fun, it would just be chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Don't try to resist
                  First, I disagree with rand's ideas.
                  1)Removing the bursts will not help the fun in the game. It will just cause the terr to be boring and more difficult to play. subspace certainly doesn't need less elements, it needs new ones and some changes too in the existing ones.

2)I don't like the idea of having bursts being ungreenable either. Greens are considered as an advantage in the game and removing part of this advantage will make it more boring. I don't think that terrs simply don't need to use bursts smartly : terr is the most difficult ship to play.

3)Reducing the bursts effectiveness isn't a conceivable option in the sense that it would only make the terr less effective. Why making the terr less effective? I don't see any valuable reason why.

4)Reducing the time of a decoy to last : see #3...

This said, I find that malladrin's idea makes a lot of sense, if we want to weaken the cram.. .let's give it a try!

As for the map idea, it would simply remove the balanced part of basing. It wouldn't be more fun, it would just be chaos.
                  I agree with him on all points.

Comment

alright i haven't played a ton of games but you're all wrong about this cram thing- it's not some indefensible strategy here- get a better warbird or jav and you should have no trouble getting in, and holding a 5 spider team out of base is candy easy.

okie dokey baby?

Comment

limiting spiders is a hinderance on the evolution of basing, I hated when they took full charges out of twld but at least the argument made sense- this is just dumb- I hope you understand how little i actually care about this specific lineup- to me 5 spiders is for busch leaguers with no skill ships on their squad- but i don't like being told what i can't play and I don't like being told i can't break a cram.

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Way to stay on topic there div.

Comment

your post was also off-topic

the inverted burst is worth testing out. that is what we've learned from this thread

game over
                          PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

don't try to resist

it is my opinion that terrs do need to be harder to fly

i've watched, and played in some base games as of late and have focussed alot on what's goin on. what i've figured out is that terr isn't that hard to do well, the key factor to having a good record as a terr are the sharks. if nothing gets to you then terr isn't much work at all, so i'm all for making the ship harder.
                            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                            Philos> there is something about you
                            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

First of all, breaking crams has always been easy, and it still is.

I'm ok with inverted burst, although I have my doubts that it will be very helpful to make it easier to break the cram. But it can't hurt to try it out I guess.

I'm against making any major changes to ships, because usually they just lead to making ships more boring (terr) and even worse is that by changing settings (so defending becomes more difficult) you will most likely kill the competitive side of basing. Attacking should always be more difficult than defending. I know a major flagroom fight for 30 minutes between two evenly skilled teams sounds very nice, but to make sure you get a lot of matches like these you will also make it so that an average team will aswell be able to get into a major flagroomfight for 30 minutes against the best teams. Of course teams might get to be suprerior in flagroomfighting aswell, but it will simply never be as easy to show your superior teaming/strategy in flagroomfighting because it's simply usually utter chaos and the fights mostly get decided by an extreme lagging shark / jav or wb, not to mention all the stray shraps/bursts.

edit: Ugh I shouldn't write things like this when coming back from the pub :P

Comment

Yeah, diso really shattered through Spastic's cram last twlb.

Comment

Working...
                                X