No announcement yet.

[MAFIA] AWOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not have multiple protection roles in this game?
    It says when they target the same player, then that player dies. Makes them somewhat killing roles, too.

Man that's stuff to digest.

Unvote Rodney
    Vote Voth

Sorry Voth.

Comment

• I will be very busy for the rest of the day, so may not get a chance to post before phase change. Here are my thoughts on the new developments. tl;dr my vote is not changing.

I still think voth is the best lynch today. His roleclaim is the weakest out of the three we have so far. Self-protecting x-shot bodyguard who sprays wolfsbane? I am skeptical and sorry voth, I know I'm not answering your posts or questions one by one, but I'm not convinced with what you've said.

Lynching voth gives us a pretty good idea about rodney/exalt/missa, and will help us learn more about others when we reread day 2 after voth flips.

vote: voth

Oh btw, none of this discussion would have even happened if I didn't switch my vote to Missa. You're welcome bitches.
      And none of you has incorporated that in your reads of me. Does it make me town or scum?
      ​​​​​​
      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Or maybe... someone else?

This phase has been going too long and I'm confused.

Comment

• What made me cast the vote is what Rodney said about the wolfsbane story etc. That's what I doubt, too.

Comment

• Can't believe you guys are active during work time... (For Americans)

Everyone knows work > mafia > family!!!
            Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• If I'm reading into this, people are saying that their role doesn't include specific mention of something like wolfsbane? I don't want to know anybody's role or anything like that, but that's what I'm gathering. For what it's worth, my role makes no mention of anything specific like wolfsbane or anything along those lines. Is this enough to go on? Maybe, if it's true for other people. Rodney seemed to make it clear that his role didn't have anything like that either. Missa, what about you, you're the other one with a roleclaim floating out there
              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• 1. If you are who you say you are, why did you protect Fis night 1?
                I had nothing to go off and got no real town vibes or scum vibes from anyone in first day phase it was pretty much a crapshoot, another thing that comes into play is if the shield and the witch target to heal the same person in the night then that person dies so i had to think about who the witch would protect and who a secondary protection should be used on. I didnt get an overly town read from fis but she ended up looking the town enough for me to want to protect but not overly town that the witch would choose to protect her as well. Ixt even warned me in PM that typically the shield doesnt use their action on Night 1 to avoid this conflict with the Witch but my exact message back was "YOLO protect FiS, gotta risk it to get the biscuit"

2. The witch role (allegedly Missa) has a 1-shot protection ability. I have an x-shot protection ability. You talk about broken games... how does unlimited (albeit, not consecutive) protections that the shield role offers fit into the broken game you are talking about?
                This is why i dont believe your claim whatsoever because i know 100% that i am the shield and i can protect someone every night, broken would be having your role coexisting with mine. Since i know my role is confirmed this makes yours a complete lie to me.

3. So wait... no one dies night 1, and you protected Fis, so that makes you automatically trust her? That is incredibly sketchy. I'm not saying anything against Fis here, I'm just calling out you for your bullshit... just because you protect Fis night 1 blindly would not make her town... are you serious?
                I dont see how this one is so hard to understand and if anything its a reach from you to paint this thought process as scum. Nobody died at night so i felt like i had protected a townie from being night killed. This would make FiS town as she was a target by Werewolves. Why would they attack one of their own?

4. Why is the wolfsbane a red flag? This is a werewolf based game. Can you elaborate on that?
                Your "wolfsbane" is the only hint of added flavor in the entire game that i have come across, the rest seems like pretty generic roles without that deep of description into what each action is composed of. I am the shield but it doesnt say that i use a shield to block people. It is just you attempting to be over descriptive to appear as credible.

Your actions this entire game indicate to me that you are not a coveted protective role. You have been deceptive, defensive, and completely ignoring my legitimate attempts to engage you in discusson. I don't know what to say... I strongly believe you're scum, you have been dodging me for pages now. Care to interact directly? Or do you only wish to appeal to everyone else?
                I havent been ignoring you but i have been holding back on saying too much directly to you and your fuzzy buddies as i hold probably one of the strongest roles in this game next to the Witch. But at this point ive stopped giving a damn, the amount of inactivity plaguing these mafia games coupled with people relying on a straight out claim before they take any action is frustratingly annoying. Appearing Scummy was intentional and beneficial to me as the werewolves would leave me alive at night longer in hopes that they could convince town of my scumminess and make them lynch me instead of having to waste a night kill on me.

BUT in answering these questions it made me realize something voth, your first question made me realize why i chose FiS. I chose FiS because i was concerned at who the Witch would pick because if we picked the same person they would die. (This is in the mechanics if you read back i dont want you to think im just making that shit up) How could me and the Witch pick the same person if the Witch was only notified who was attacked AFTER they were attacked? Wouldnt I have already saved them??? Why would they need the witches potion at that point?

Shouldnt the witch have to submit her action during the night phase? Not AFTER all actions had resolved? How else would me picking someone and her picking someone have any conflict?

This brings me back to questioning Missa and her claim. What if Soilderz is the real witch and he ruined the game by being nonexistent...

Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                  Rodney, can you target yourself?
                  I have no idea it wasnt mentioned in my role pm but if i did know i probably wouldnt post it in the thread for obvious reasons
                  Big Chill

Comment

• Whatever this games over for me now pretty much since i had to claim just to prove to you guys what ive been saying this whole time, ill be dead in the next few phases

Good luck Town, I wont be joining another mafia game after this one. Not with the current state of how mafia is on these forums, the game isnt fun with how we are forcing claims in the first phases because people stopped learning how to play by reading the posts.
                    Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by RoDNeY View Post
                      BUT in answering these questions it made me realize something voth, your first question made me realize why i chose FiS. I chose FiS because i was concerned at who the Witch would pick because if we picked the same person they would die. (This is in the mechanics if you read back i dont want you to think im just making that shit up) How could me and the Witch pick the same person if the Witch was only notified who was attacked AFTER they were attacked? Wouldnt I have already saved them??? Why would they need the witches potion at that point?

Shouldnt the witch have to submit her action during the night phase? Not AFTER all actions had resolved? How else would me picking someone and her picking someone have any conflict?

This brings me back to questioning Missa and her claim. What if Soilderz is the real witch and he ruined the game by being nonexistent...

This bolded part is the question I've been trying to figure out since reading the game mechanics, but I thought it was a dumb question and forgot about it. How could this scenario ever possibly come up, if Missa's defense worked the way she claimed? Unless there's a strongman that would get through the shield or something? I'm having trouble making these 2 fit together, this is a great question that we need to figure out. This could blow Missa's claim sky high.

The last part about Soilderz is a great question as well, that we annoyingly won't have the answer to anytime soon. Using recent games as the only evidence I have, scum inactives are generally the last to be subbed/modkilled it seems like, I don't know. Not really important since we can't do anything about it, but it is annoying.

Unvote RODNEY

At least until the bolded part gets addressed, I don't feel comfortable going for Rodney at the moment. This game sucks.

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

I have no idea it wasnt mentioned in my role pm but if i did know i probably wouldnt post it in the thread for obvious reasons
                        I only ask because it makes a difference as far as how believable Voth's claim is. With the wolfsbane and if there's a difference between whether you guys can protect yourselves, that could be fairly damning. Your question about the witch mechanic could also blow Missa's claim, so these questions actually have some merit.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume you're automatically dead if you make it through to night phase. There are a lot of protective roles possible for town

Comment

Whatever this games over for me now pretty much since i had to claim just to prove to you guys what ive been saying this whole time, ill be dead in the next few phases

Good luck Town, I wont be joining another mafia game after this one. Not with the current state of how mafia is on these forums, the game isnt fun with how we are forcing claims in the first phases because people stopped learning how to play by reading the posts.
                          I don't get your and WillBy's anger about the game tbh.
                          Yes this phase has been lasting too long and too many things happened, and if we keep going everyone will roleclaim by the end of the phase.
                          But isn't this what makes Mafia interesting?

Comment

• The problem for me is we have the same ~7 players in every game, there's only so much variety we can have. With 15-20+ players it was just fresher and things generally were less personal after awhile. That's how it feels for me anyway, Rodney is a friend of mine and is very upset with me, Exalt and I have written pages worth of words yelling at each other recently, and I've only been back for 3 games.

Comment

• I am done, honestly. I have put hours into this to defend myself and the game is horrible anyway.

I am who I say I am. I do not know if ixt is retarded enough to add a Shield with a 4shot Bodyguard and a Witch.

If Rodney flips town, we should honestly just abort this game and start over with a new host... Jesus Christ.
                              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10
                              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Why blame the host? That's not fair, we don't even know what's going on so can't we just assume everything is alright?

I feel like we are just barking up the tree at the wrong end. But it might be too late to change it.
                                Probably need to look at field paul or whoever.

Comment

Working...
                                X