Mafia 2020: Town of Salem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
    Well at least me shooting Exalt last night wouldn't have changed anything. Looking forward to seeing the dynamics of this, I don't understand what happened with the werewolf thing at all. Town was basically screwed no matter what, as even this phase it was 1 town, 1 mafia, and 2 3rd party left. Not really a path to victory there, unless I got lucky as shit. Pretty good game overall I think, even though I don't understand the dynamics.

And I was obviously wrong about Exalt. They won in the end obviously, but I had a hard time believing that we would lynch 3 mafia in 4 days. I have to own that one, I said it enough times.

Also, Beast, why the fuck didn't you watch WillBy, and what was with not telling us your action and results? What the hell happened there?

​​​​​​​Good game scum, also gg PartyFalcon, even if I am completely lost as to the dynamics of your role. You hid it well though
    Beast fucked up badly on N2 by confusing whatever his roleblock result was with a real 'nobody visited willby' result. I'm not sure it mattered in the end, but I was trying my best to use it to our advantage by making Beast look shady for it.

I thought for sure mafia was going to lose this game either way though. I didnt see a winning outcome prior to that werewolf kill. I was just going to try to take out as many people as I could. You guys had the entire team pegged since like day 2 or something.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• MISPLAYS
      Of course the unfamiliarity of the game has to be taken into account, but there were no doubt misplays on both sides that swung the momentum back and forth.

sdrawkcab : You had quite a powerful modifier to your basic goon role. Had you kept less suspicious, you could have mimicked Willby's doctor or the_paul's Vigilante and imagine what that could have done. Not copying Night 1 is a misplay here, especially having been caught right after at Day 2.

PartyFalcon : Credit should be given where it's due, and you did quite an admirable job. However, rampaging at your own house was a questionable move Night 2 as you are running the risk of not killing anyone during the phase (I think I mentioned this to you in personal chat). The benefit of this was town had no idea what they were up against. Good job making the right move Night 4.

SCUM TEAM AS A WHOLE: Scum team had an opportunity to take Kassius out of the picture Day 3 when Apocalypse was on the chopping block. Apocalypse was already highly sus but Beast and PartyFalcon had votes on Kassius. Had Kthx, Exalt, and Apocalypse himself all slapped votes in succession, Day 3 would have also resulted in a double lynch of Kass and Apocalypse. This wouldn't hurt Mafia's chances as Kassius openly said he was playing for town, would have been one less person to worry about.

Beast : Oh Beast, the lookout. Unfortunately I have to peg you to be the main reason town collapsed in this spectacular fashion. Entering Night 4, you should have had the mentality that NO 3RD KILLING PARTY HAD BEEN REVEALED YET. In the situation of SK or arsonist your actions would have not made much difference, but it was because it was coincidentally werewolf that town lost that extra town member that threw Kassius and the_paul in a real dilemma. Both Vehicle and Jessup were dangerous targets to be on that phase, since they were the most likely to die that night. Plus not being able to tell the difference between Success/Unsuccessful and actually yielding useful results, yeahhh sorry a misplay.
      Also worthy of note, Beast was originally on Vehicle that night. Had he stuck with it, he would have ratted Exalt out and things would have been very different. Better luck next time.

the_paul : Let me present you with this scenario: If you were fairly certain that Kassius was telling the truth the whole way throughout, you should have 100% snuck your vote on Exalt before phase ended to GUARANTEE a town victory. Kassius already told you after Night 4 that it was clearly a mafia + werewolf kill. The less-optimal way for town to salvage the win is to run risk of trying to vote out the godfather and in the next phase the remaining werewolf as the wolf cannot rampage on consecutive nights. In the case of a double lynch, town wins with 0 doubt. Unfortunately, the guess was wrong.
      However, credit is due with the last vote to secure a double lynch on Voth/Backwards Day 2.

I wouldn't say attempting to kill Willby on self-protection was a misplay, as it is just a matter of mind games after all.
      and I think Jessup had a fair game overall.

GG everyone hope y'all had fun. Had fun modding and overseeing things happen, especially Night 4.
      Last edited by ixt; 05-10-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• GG sigh.. Only issue I have is in a game like this is werewolf shudn't be allowed to stack up targets if town had no role to identify a complete role of players in game. At least then they would have a chance to uncover a stack kill 3rd party player.

Also why does mafia auto win? Wasn't there T_P, KAss and exalt still.. so game was up to kass which way it goes? Confused I saw no ending vote?

I wud have shot exalt if I was vig , I guess he wud have been bullet proof. WTF did T_P really do nothing that night? sighhhhh

I played a perfect game but chose multiple targets that were correct to look at but I was blocked from proper results on them sigh.. (3 players) 2 of which I investigated well 3 as exalt was last night I died.. so.. thats another issue I had. I understand a few.. but 3!! and no bodyguard for town besides a doctor? We needed a little more power in a way to target scum/3rd parties which town never really had. Was fun though even though I am pissed how it turned out. I feel town had underdog chance in this setup but thx ixt .. wasn't that bad.. but I do feel it was lopsided against town some.

When would werewolf show guilty tho? I checked PF the night before he went on rampage.. Isn't he supposed to show guilty then?

Anyways gg all.. and..

You are all complete fukfuks!! :gorgeous:
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
          GG sigh.. Only issue I have is in a game like this is werewolf shudn't be allowed to stack up targets if town had no role to identify a complete role of players in game. At least then they would have a chance to uncover a stack kill 3rd party player.

Also why does mafia auto win? Wasn't there T_P, KAss and exalt still.. so game was up to kass which way it goes? Confused I saw no ending vote?

I wud have shot exalt if I was vig , I guess he wud have been bullet proof. WTF did T_P really do nothing that night? sighhhhh

I played a perfect game but chose multiple targets that were correct to look at but I was blocked from proper results on them sigh.. (3 players) 2 of which I investigated well 3 as exalt was last night I died.. so.. thats another issue I had. I understand a few.. but 3!! and no bodyguard for town besides a doctor? We needed a little more power in a way to target scum/3rd parties which town never really had. Was fun though even though I am pissed how it turned out. I feel town had underdog chance in this setup but thx ixt .. wasn't that bad.. but I do feel it was lopsided against town some.

When would werewolf show guilty tho? I checked PF the night before he went on rampage.. Isn't he supposed to show guilty then?

Anyways gg all.. and..

You are all complete fukfuks!! :gorgeous:
          Werewolf only shows guilty on even nights.

Comment

• I can definitely be accused of misplays, but I'm not sure that the werewolf thing can be held against me. We had no clue or any indication there was a werewolf until the last night. Even people throwing around 3rd party guesses all focused on vampires. How the hell was there no indication until night 4? That's baffling to me. As a result, I didn't have any clue what the mechanics of the werewolf rampage were. I thought PartyFalcon was The Godfather, which was why I voted him. That was the only win scenario for town was to vote the GF.

The real misplay I made was not shooting PF the night before. I wrote it out, thought about Exalt, thought about Kassius again, then decided to just think some more and missed the deadline.

Well done Exalt. Certainly not how you usually play, which worked out well for you. What happened with Apoc?
            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Also confused why beast wasn't sharing his info? He wasn't blackmailed? Why wasn't he sharing who he watched.. even if no one visited them it was still super important info to share????
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Good game guys.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Also confused why beast wasn't sharing his info? He wasn't blackmailed? Why wasn't he sharing who he watched.. even if no one visited them it was still super important info to share????
                  thats on him

Comment

• Yeah Beast was super sketchy with... whatever the fuck he was doing. I do not understand that at all.

Also, Jessup, I get the frustration with me not performing a night kill. If I had killed PF, things may have been different. But I probably would have voted Kassius honestly. Exalt was lowest on my radar. BUT, if we had managed to lynch Exalt today, the only way town could win was with my last bullet being used on PF in what would have been this night phase. Lots of could haves and should haves, but I don't feel too bad. I had a pretty good track record this game, and my biggest miss came on still lynching scum, just in the wrong order unfortunately. 4 scum in 5 days isn't bad though, I'll live with that. It felt like town didn't have enough power to balance out everything mafia/werewolves had. Maybe that's imbalance, or maybe that's just how it shoots out with the first couple of days. Oh well, it was a good game
                    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by ixt View Post

Werewolf only shows guilty on even nights.
                      Sigh ok .. that makes it a little more even.. I should have maybe thought of that .. I was afraid of dying if I checked exalt because of trap so went PF.
                      Either way at this late stage in game I was gonna get innocent either of them.. I was super blocked as sheriff lol. But that does make it a little better.. I still don't agree that you shud have allowed stacking kill 3rd party tho without a stronger town role to identify. If we had won I'd never be saying this though.

Why beast didn't watch me or vehicle the rest of the game is beyond me too.. wtf beast please explain urself.
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Ty Jessup for keeping me alive right up until you were torn to shreds :-)

Comment

• u did good T_P. You revealed at right time and went with proper votes. I don't know why you trusted exalt though heheh. He didn't vote with us ever. I knew he was scum. I knew PF was scum. I didn't know 3 fucking town would die though in 1 night lool. Plus its so ez for werewolf not to attack mafia as game goes on. All he has to do is read and see votes.. mafia was safer and safer while town was more and more in danger the longer the game goes on. After the first lynch the werewolf has town pegged much easier than who the mafia is which gave a HUGE advantage to mafia too.. plus jesus all those power roles they had.. Anyways it is what it is.
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                            Ty Jessup for keeping me alive right up until you were torn to shreds :-)
                            Ur a fuk fuk kass. Thanks for lynching mafia tho when we needed you. and gg for winning.
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

u did good T_P. You revealed at right time and went with proper votes. I don't know why you trusted exalt though heheh. He didn't vote with us ever. I knew he was scum. I knew PF was scum. I didn't know 3 fucking town would die though in 1 night lool. Plus its so ez for werewolf not to attack mafia as game goes on. All he has to do is read and see votes.. mafia was safer and safer while town was more and more in danger the longer the game goes on. After the first lynch the werewolf has town pegged much easier than who the mafia is which gave a HUGE advantage to mafia too.. plus jesus all those power roles they had.. Anyways it is what it is.
                              i wouldnt call it advantage, its just lucky they got the only optimal way to win in how it played out. Think about it this way, if PF and Exalt targeted the same person being you or Vehicle, then Exalt straight up dies and then PF gets cornered the day phase after. The anti-town factions just were very fortunate.

Comment

• If exalt came back innocent and I lived I'd have gone against PF then and kass or T_P following day then lol. OR finally admitted I was a na?ve cop. I was sooo fucked either way.. I dunno what else I could have done to logically root out scum at phase in game where we were.
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X