No announcement yet.

TW Mafia 2020: TIGER KING - Murder, Mayhem, Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you hope would happen, scarlet?
    If you're going to lie, can you at least try to justify your decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post
      Or maybe it was never that important? Having it hanging over you like a toothpick of damocles, with all of 1g of weight behind it's blunt tip , really must have been nervewracking. I'm sure claiming that you didn't explicitly respond to one question I'd already said you'd answered would be plenty to convince the rest of town to drive a wagon on you without a second thought.

I literally already dropped the idea because it doesn't seem like it is helpful, because I anticipate every player being less than 100% aware of the contents of every post. But sure, if you want an antagonistic framing:
      That's easy: if it's perceived as a reason to lynch me, then people with an interest in lynching me will try to lynch me, since it's the start of D1 and it's unlikely there are very many people floating around with reasons to lynch them. Since it's not alignment indicative, if you're unable to substantiate the case with any actual reasoning, it indicates that you're interested in the lynch and not my alignment, which means you're scum. This sort of post also fills scumchat with wine and can make you more likely to be the nightkill target, both things strictly beneficial to town, though I don't think it's worth the relative cost of filling the daygame with wine which is occurring here right now. Whether that's happening right now because this play was tailored to a place where people get away with posting 2-3 times a day or because you specifically are a raging incompetent is up to you to decide for yourself.
      PrePostEdit:
      Normally I wouldn't walk it back until D2, but I am concerned about drawing out legitimate CCs since the idea seems so foreign to you
      Well isn't this rich. I guess I've never played on an elite mafia forum where the Day 1 strategy is to drop a bomb on the game and see what happens. Normally on Trench Wars mafia, we bullshit and dick around until someone slips up and then we lynch them. Or we lynch Backwards because he is always scum. But this game has been kind of intense from the outset and hasn't had as much skullduggery as the others, which is probably because it is so early still and we have foreign players like you who are sort of wildcards in this.

So, no, I don't agree that fakeclaiming cop day 1 is a good strategy. It will either end in our actual cop outing himself because he or she is moronic and think they have caught scum in you or it will end in you dying if you are indeed a VT. And guess what the end result from the latter is? Nothing. You fakeclaimed cop, you probably won't get lynched unless people are morons (because only a dumb fuck scum player railroads a claimed town cop D1), and so we likely lynch a different pro-town player D1 (talking statistics here) and then you end up nightkilled N1. Sure, you're just a VT, but that's a critical vote in favor of the town, and now we enter D2 likely down two townies. How exactly is that profitable for us here? Again, I'm not sure the collective IQ of the forums you came from, but you at least seem to be coherent, so can you at least see what I'm saying here?
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

So anyway, fuck. Maybe he is just dumb or that is a legitimate strategy elsewhere, I don't know.

unvote scarlet

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

So a lot's been flung these past couple of pages. There's a lot of rage around the claim/fakeclaim, and Jessup has been the closest to counter-claiming as a result? I just don't see why anyone who's scum would claim such a mainstream role, it's just going to raise a counter-claim and expose the faker. It's so obvious that I can't believe Scarlet would actually be doing it for that reason. If you're going to fake-claim, day 1, with no-one's head on the chopping block, a mainstream role, just to stir the pot? This is like Beast on steroids levels of wtf. I'd be tempted to vote Scarlet just to clear my headache I've now got.

Comment

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS WINE?

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
              What did you hope would happen, scarlet?
              Pretty much what I got, except to maybe also disrupt scum's understanding of town's PRs.
              Normally I'd like to leave the claim up for longer so I can get more than the one/two responses I got here though.
              Originally posted by WillBy View Post
              If you're going to lie, can you at least try to justify your decisions?
              Not sure what you're asking here. I'm confident I'm not getting lynched, so so long as nobody that's actually a cop CCs and then get's shot tonight because of it, I'm not losing anything by doing this. In comparison, I get to watch how Voss and Jessup try to walk back what they've thrown out so far. In my opinion, any insight into the motives behind someone's attempts at driving a lynch is the essential alignment indicative insight.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                Pretty much what I got, except to maybe also disrupt scum's understanding of town's PRs.
                Normally I'd like to leave the claim up for longer so I can get more than the one/two responses I got here though.

Not sure what you're asking here. I'm confident I'm not getting lynched, so so long as nobody that's actually a cop CCs and then get's shot tonight because of it, I'm not losing anything by doing this. In comparison, I get to watch how Voss and Jessup try to walk back what they've thrown out so far. In my opinion, any insight into the motives behind someone's attempts at driving a lynch is the essential alignment indicative insight.
                You just said that normally you'd leave it up until D2. Well, no scum in their right minds will railroad you into a lynch as an unchallenged claimed town cop. Why in the world would they do that?

So pretty much, statistically speaking, we would likely end up lynching someone else D1 and then you'd be nightkilled N1.

D2 we walk in town two townies and any scum player with a brain was pushing for you to not be lynched. What did we get from that? How is town in a better situation as a result of those two town deaths? God, this is like unreal.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

In my last post #97, when I said we would end up lynching someone else, I meant statistically speaking that person would likely be pro-town due to obvious game balance.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                    Hard to enjoy wine anymore after being spoiled by a 1990 Chateau d'Yquem.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post

Hard to enjoy wine anymore after being spoiled by a 1990 Chateau d'Yquem.
                      Franzia crisp white isn't going to do it for you anymore after a $500 bottle?

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• I really don't understand this "vanilla townie shouldn't want to be nightkilled" mindset.
                        What's the cost? Scum aren't going to not-nightkill because they don't think they know where a town PR is. The worst thing that can happen at night is a valuable town player dies. The less valuable the town player that dies, the better. Isn't it obvious that vanilla players should want to draw the scumkill?
                        Originally posted by Voth
                        You fakeclaimed cop, you probably won't get lynched unless people are morons (because only a dumb fuck scum player railroads a claimed town cop D1), and so we likely lynch a different pro-town player D1 (talking statistics here) and then you end up nightkilled N1. Sure, you're just a VT, but that's a critical vote in favor of the town, and now we enter D2 likely down two townies.
                        Assuming you lynch town, what do you expect to happen but to enter D2 with two townie's dead? Isn't knowing where the nightkill is going to be unambiguously pro-town in a closed setup?
                        Originally posted by Voth
                        we bullshit and dick around until someone slips up
                        In the absence of any sort of alignment-dependent questions or whatever, how do you expect people to 'slip up'? Do you have some sort of psychic superpower given to you by your 300IQ that lets you read posts like
                        Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        Exalts obviously trying to distance himself from me, were both scum.
                        and know the alignment of the poster?
                        What, outside of this overarching conversation and the fact that some people haven't posted, or haven't posted anything relevant, is alignment indicative in this thread to date?

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                        It's derived from Wine In Front Of Me referencing the princess bridge scene.
                        Wine is a term used for any kind of recursive reasoning of this kind, e.g. "scum would 100% kill scarlet N1, so the fact that scum didn't kill scarlet N1 means scarlet must be scum, so we should lynch scarlet, but scum know this so they didn't kill scarlet on purpose (but town know scum know this, so they know that scum wouldn't try to kill scarlet so they aren't necessarily scum, etc.)"
                        Any reasoning of this kind is fundamentally worthless and only serves as a distraction, since anyone is capable of it and it cycles forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Franzia crisp white isn't going to do it for you anymore after a $500 bottle?
                          Alas
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                            I really don't understand this "vanilla townie shouldn't want to be nightkilled" mindset.
                            What's the cost? Scum aren't going to not-nightkill because they don't think they know where a town PR is. The worst thing that can happen at night is a valuable town player dies. The less valuable the town player that dies, the better. Isn't it obvious that vanilla players should want to draw the scumkill?

Assuming you lynch town, what do you expect to happen but to enter D2 with two townie's dead? Isn't knowing where the nightkill is going to be unambiguously pro-town in a closed setup?

In the absence of any sort of alignment-dependent questions or whatever, how do you expect people to 'slip up'? Do you have some sort of psychic superpower given to you by your 300IQ that lets you read posts like

and know the alignment of the poster?
                            What, outside of this overarching conversation and the fact that some people haven't posted, or haven't posted anything relevant, is alignment indicative in this thread to date?

Wine is a term used for any kind of recursive reasoning of this kind, e.g. "scum would 100% kill scarlet N1, so the fact that scum didn't kill scarlet N1 means scarlet must be scum, so we should lynch scarlet, but scum know this so they didn't kill scarlet on purpose (but town know scum know this, so they know that scum wouldn't try to kill scarlet so they aren't necessarily scum, etc.)"
                            Any reasoning of this kind is fundamentally worthless and only serves as a distraction, since anyone is capable of it and it cycles forever.
                            Exalt I'm beginning to feel your pain and I'm not certain I'm up to the challenge of a champions game without the significant possibility of an incoming modkill/ban.

OK - I'll try to take these one at a time, and I'm going paragraph by paragraph and not multiquoting because well, that's gay.

1. I am not saying VTs should not want to sacrifice themselves for town power roles when convenient and necessary. Obviously it is much better (well, assuming all players are of the same general ability level) to have the power roles survive and VTs sacrifice and die. That is not always the case here. Sometimes a player like Willby as VT is more valuable than Beast as town roleblocker. Sorry, it just is what it is. I'd rather rely on Willby's instincts and scumhunting than Beast to roleblock the right people at the right time. And that's just an example that has nothing to do with this game, so fuck off faggots.

2. Assuming I lynch town and scum kill another N1, I at least have something worthwhile to go back over with regards to voting patterns that hasn't been completely poisoned by a fraudulent D1 fake cop claim. Everything is fucked up because you dropped a bomb on the game. The real cop is reeling in private wondering what the hell is going on, other people are wondering why someone is claiming town cop D1 - it's tainted results. It's just bad evidence. It's evidence of nothing - something that has been tampered with and is useless. You leave us in the same spot as D1 or possibly a worse one due to the confusion you caused. It's hard to draw a line between what people did and their alignment when you throw in a gigantic variable of some asshole deciding to fakeclaim one of the most important pro-town roles in the game.

3. People slip all the time. It might be a word or two here or there or it might just be a gut feeling based on playing with these people for probably thousands upon thousands of pages at this point, which I guess is not the same as the games you come from and I can understand that.

4. I still don't understand the wine thing, but okay.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• I srsly may just take care of this fool myself today guys. I'll drop going down this avenue anymore for a bit vs scarlet as we have some time this phase. We shud start moving on as we know it was idiotic play and I can at any time merk him if I choose. LOL at scarlet.. welcome to the big leagues girlfriend!

Anyone else notice Kthx is lurking so far? He did this last game as scum. Not to mention the multiple other mutes.. Someone has to get in touch with beast sooner than later to see if he will play too since he has been added even tho he said he was out...
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                                They havent seen it...

Comment

Working...
                                X