No announcement yet.

TW Mafia 2020: TIGER KING - Murder, Mayhem, Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously though, I had high hopes for Jessup this game after D1, thinking maybe things were finally clicking and Jessup just turned into a pro, but then she reverted to old habits on the following days and I was left feeling disappointed. What annoys me is Jessup thinking she played great the entire time, even disregarding the PF wagon. Like cmon Jessup, you were left alive the entire game after being modconfirmed town on D1. You did have a very good D1 and I liked it. That alone deserves credit, but if you seriously think it was a near-flawless game, then I feel like you need to drop the ego slightly and keep learning.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Mafia: NK Jessup? LOOOL brah she will sabotage the game in our favor

Almost!

Thanks for hosting Halp. It was a pretty different game and I look forward to another host from you in the future.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

what did i do?
        Lynched me instead of gripe in that Dexter mafia game lol.
        Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post

Fuck you field!
          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post

oh yeah, been a couple years. the game where i was a hider and kept on threatening to hide but then not hiding

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Wtf is this shit? I literally called out 3/4ths of the scum team on Day 1 and you gave me a lower grade than you, even though you lasted until lylo AS A CONFIRMED TOWN PLAYER because you played so badly that no scum in their right mind wanted to NK you. You literally led one of the worst lynches in this game's history in PF btw. PF was the most obv town player I've seen in a long, long time, and you tinfoiled them scum for no logical reason whatsoever.

Stop pretending you know anything. It's annoying AF
              Relax dude ffs I hate when people are obnoxious. I've voted pro town and nabbed scum EVERY vote the last 2 games except pf. Ya I know she is a great player which is why I was so damn nervous about her. I led trains on kthx the entire game and knew 2 cults were in the game too. Every other vote was correct. I explained the PF train and said why I did it. I took responsibility too for voting her out but the Tiger thing was unbelievable and very obtuse. Seemed like a ploy by PF. We still won as town and I made a decision to protect town. Ya it was wrong and I take responsibility but if she was scum we would have lost. I knew if she died we still had the numbers to win too which we did. so SHUT UR FACE EXALT.
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• The "Blow Shit Up Award" might be the peak of my mafia playing career. Thanks Halp I appreciate you buddy
                JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post

Relax dude ffs I hate when people are obnoxious. I've voted pro town and nabbed scum EVERY vote the last 2 games except pf. Ya I know she is a great player which is why I was so damn nervous about her. I led trains on kthx the entire game and knew 2 cults were in the game too. Every other vote was correct. I explained the PF train and said why I did it. I took responsibility too for voting her out but the Tiger thing was unbelievable and very obtuse. Seemed like a ploy by PF. We still won as town and I made a decision to protect town. Ya it was wrong and I take responsibility but if she was scum we would have lost. I knew if she died we still had the numbers to win too which we did. so SHUT UR FACE EXALT.
                  You randomly attacked me day one and got lucky with the guess, PF killed me while I had convinced you i was BG. Don't act like you saved the day or anything.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Jessup For me it was frustrating because when you had a hunch (first few phases it was kthx, then it was me) you stopped listening to facts/reason, and while your hunch on kthx ended up being correct it really wasn’t based on any tangible facts—there wasn’t actually any hard evidence kthx was scum, ESPECIALLY day 1, and then day 2 we had two scum SEEN killing exalt but you still spent the entire phase riding kthx (who we had no tangible evidence was scum). Honestly I wasn’t prepared to kill kthx until after vehicle’s flip, at which point I could look back through the way votes had moved the first 3 days, the way kthx interacted with other players those days, look at claimed night actions, and ONLY THEN could I say with some confidence that kthx was scum (and particularly a different scum faction from willby/vehicle). Then you did the same thing to me as soon as kthx was dead—you got a hunch that wasn’t based on facts/reason and wouldn’t listen to the facts or consider the 2 players who were much more likely scum than I was. Kassius literally asked you to give any fact-based reasoning to support your hunch about me so she could change her vote to me with impunity—while of course I’m glad that you didn’t try to do so, the fact that you couldn’t (because there wasn’t any) is very telling. Contrast this with the highly fact-based prosecution of vehicle I gave the prior day, which made it so that after vehicle’s flip anyone who DIDNT vote for vehicle looked suspicious. IMO this is what we need to try to do as townies (especially vanilla townies who should be working EVERY DAY to take the heat of a night kill).

It’s hard to stay chill when you think you’ve caught scum, but IMO it’s inportant to stay focused on the actual evidence (ask yourself: if someone asks me to provide a source for this information, can I? If so, consider also providing that source so other townies can assess for themselves— if both of your logic is sound then they should come to the same conclusion).

As scum, you’re trying to paint townies as scum—the more the townies paint each other as scum (or themselves as scum by painting townies as scum without any evidence) the less work for the scum to do, which makes finding the scum VERY hard. So, as townies we have to actively work every day to call out and battle scum’s spread of disinformation and confusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Fuck you field!
                      I'll take it, I was a dick for flaking on your game like that. My apologies dude.

​​​​​
                      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post

You randomly attacked me day one and got lucky with the guess, PF killed me while I had convinced you i was BG. Don't act like you saved the day or anything.
                        When did I act like I saved the day? If I did during the game I was role playing Joe Exotic and being humorous.. I know my train was wrong but she was too fucking dangerous. I was well aware too of the ALL the evidence being revealed during the game. I called u out as Doc Antle MULTIPLE times from the beginning before anyone else did as you were towns biggest threat. Damn right I stayed on you because I knew there were two cults and I knew their danger. It wasn't just a guess either Kthx. I saw how you were playing all choked up cause I pegged you. I don't get all the attacks suddenly on me lol. I was well aware of what you were kthx, I knew Voth was scum of course as we all did and the PF train was needed because there was no clear evidence to clear her name and we had nothing on anyone else completely solid either at that point in the game . Sure Kass and M_Leo were looking bad but mafia easily could have had another to counter the insane strength town started with. PF claiming a talking Tiger Strong willed unlimited xshot strongman was insanely powerful and I wanted to nip that power in the bud especially as MArio made way more sense for her role and with the flavor in this game. I made a choice which I felt was right and her sacrifice was sadly needed. She was slaying cult every night and at a stage in the game where if she was scum town was going to lose if I did nothing to counter her. She was saying I should hang as the confirmed townie.. her biggest mistake of the game and what was the final nail that led to her death.I was ALREADY confirmed town when she made this blunder because I was proven to be protected. We had nothing concrete at that stage and I felt clearly she had to go. That Tiger claim was WAYY over the top seeming especially since Beast was a strongwill bulletproof townie with both poopcat AND OverthinkingIt saying they watched me and protected me it made zero sense she said I should hang I felt Town was already topped off with all our possible power roles. It made more sense mafia had some modified late game strongman to me at that point in the game than town would have that role.. She had to go.... I feel bad about it but at the same time feel it was necessary to do as we still had the numbers either way. I did it to protect town. Ya I was wrong but don't act so special all you people being armchair quarterbacks. You all would probably be saying I was an idiot to allow her to live if she was in fact Mario. Nobody knew and she was a serious killing role and a huge threat as an unconfirmed townie. I said it multiple times in the game that scum/mafia would be just as worried about cult as town. especially if cult had special modifiers where recruits retained their powers which is the moderators choice to decide on. We had no way to know as town or mafia scum what kthx powers were himself or with his recruits. NO ONE KNEW and mafia would make that kill imo too if they could. I was using a solo 2nd party mafia as my logic on mario which explained how 2 kills were happening and strategically in my opinion PF had to go.

Of Course when she died and was confirmed town I used her info and was very public about how I messed up but I went all in on it I was sorry lol but I could now take what she said and use it as a guide for town since she was now confirmed in her death( I knew kass and M_leo were probably mafia too) There really was nothing done by her I couldn't have come to the same conclusion to alone or with zebu helping too but she DEFINITELY helped solidify it all upon her death.. but her death was what was needed for me by all logic. It wasn't all emotion and me not thinking either, it was a chess move and a cleared out board with an extra piece still left on the table for town to achieve a checkmate. If I had to do it over I'd do nothing differently.
                        Last edited by Jessup; 06-10-2020, 05:45 PM.
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by PartyFalcon View Post
                          Jessup For me it was frustrating because when you had a hunch (first few phases it was kthx, then it was me) you stopped listening to facts/reason, and while your hunch on kthx ended up being correct it really wasn’t based on any tangible facts—there wasn’t actually any hard evidence kthx was scum, ESPECIALLY day 1, and then day 2 we had two scum SEEN killing exalt but you still spent the entire phase riding kthx (who we had no tangible evidence was scum). Honestly I wasn’t prepared to kill kthx until after vehicle’s flip, at which point I could look back through the way votes had moved the first 3 days, the way kthx interacted with other players those days, look at claimed night actions, and ONLY THEN could I say with some confidence that kthx was scum (and particularly a different scum faction from willby/vehicle). Then you did the same thing to me as soon as kthx was dead—you got a hunch that wasn’t based on facts/reason and wouldn’t listen to the facts or consider the 2 players who were much more likely scum than I was. Kassius literally asked you to give any fact-based reasoning to support your hunch about me so she could change her vote to me with impunity—while of course I’m glad that you didn’t try to do so, the fact that you couldn’t (because there wasn’t any) is very telling. Contrast this with the highly fact-based prosecution of vehicle I gave the prior day, which made it so that after vehicle’s flip anyone who DIDNT vote for vehicle looked suspicious. IMO this is what we need to try to do as townies (especially vanilla townies who should be working EVERY DAY to take the heat of a night kill).

It’s hard to stay chill when you think you’ve caught scum, but IMO it’s inportant to stay focused on the actual evidence (ask yourself: if someone asks me to provide a source for this information, can I? If so, consider also providing that source so other townies can assess for themselves— if both of your logic is sound then they should come to the same conclusion).

As scum, you’re trying to paint townies as scum—the more the townies paint each other as scum (or themselves as scum by painting townies as scum without any evidence) the less work for the scum to do, which makes finding the scum VERY hard. So, as townies we have to actively work every day to call out and battle scum’s spread of disinformation and confusion.
                          The fact was PF you were a killing machine and unconfirmed. Solo 2nd party mafia was making sense to me in this wild setup Halp was doing. Tiger was unbelievable and as I said it seemed too lopsided a power role. Leaving an unconfirmed killing machine alive at that stage was just a bad move. Sure you were trying your best to be a townie but you would have done that too as a solo 2nd mafia, If in fact you were a 2nd part mafia it was towns doom. I learned who truly mafia was too by who voted on you. That was my strategy also in my train on you. I was playing strategically to confirm my hunches at a critical stage. You were UNCONFIRMED TOWN but CONFIRMED as a slaying machine. From your viewpoint I know it seemed ridiculous but from mine and anyone else with a brain the threat you posed was wayyyy too great to let slide and wait and see. Zeebu wisely voted you too heheh . It sucked but you had to die for town to stay safe.. which sucked sigh....
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• ps PF . You are right for general town play as a rule of thumb. I totally get what you are saying here. I personally like to create some confusion though at times within the unknown/ unconfirmed ranks to see how that can play out. Strategies like pretending to go againstr someone early and then pulling back later in the phase can sometimes be useful as it can also draw out scum. If town is too quiet and too unified it is easy for scum and third party to counteract. Confusion can be a purposeful. Of course this takes each townie to think and act for themselves ALWAYS. If you find yourself following one player and trusting them implicitly that imo is never a good play. Still I totally agree being methodical and working off the facts is very important especially when the actual vote comes down.

In this game my role allowed me to be super loud too since I was confirmed so I went ahead and played it up. Next game depending on my role I may totally play different.. innocent child tho is notorious for shit stirring
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Thanks y’all!! Fun game! I’ll definitely be back when my real life calms down some. (Might be a while since backwards is starting a masters program while I’m finishing mine and he’s working full time. Oh and we have a 3 and 5 year old :shocked2: :laugh

Comment

Working...
                              X