• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
    They havent seen it...
    I can't fucking spell
    The The Princess Bride scene*
    What the fuck is the use of a voting record? The reason someone places a vote is what indicates their alignment, not where the vote is placed. Are you relying on some art of numerology to lynch players past D1? Why not ask people to justify their vote on D1, then lynch them if they're unable to do so? Why wait a day/night cycle before going after people pushing fraudulent lynches? Why let fraudulent lynches happen in the first place? You admit that there are actual scumslips, so why let people get away with lynches which aren't based on them in the first place?

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
      I can't fucking spell
      What the fuck is the use of a voting record? The reason someone places a vote is what indicates their alignment, not where the vote is placed. Are you relying on some art of numerology to lynch players past D1? Why not ask people to justify their vote on D1, then lynch them if they're unable to do so? Why wait a day/night cycle before going after people pushing fraudulent lynches? Why let fraudulent lynches happen in the first place? You admit that there are actual scumslips, so why let people get away with lynches which aren't based on them in the first place?
      You do realize there is an entire private entity in these games that we call the "mafia," right? They tend to be scheming behind closed doors where we can't see or hear what is going on and the strategies that they are imploring.

Let me help a little:

This is a relatively large game by the standards of the last two years that we have began playing again. Most of our games are somewhere between 10-12 players.

There are a few players who are, well, let's say...less than ideal in terms of their ability to think things through logically and play properly. They make up 1-2 players of those 10-12 player games.

There are a few players who inevitably have real life get in the way (or are constant issues) with being inactive. That makes their ability to contribute and change their vote properly before deadlines not-so-great.

So, what we end up with usually is a scum team that has a mix of good/bad/inactive and a town team with a mix of good/bad/inactive. Obviously games might have third party too but for the sake of argument I'm not getting into it because they might be solo or be a cult, etc. The mafia has an obvious advantage being able to PM to plan, coach each other, strategize, and coax each other into doing things for the good of their team.

All we end up with on D1 is a lynch of a player. Town or scum or third party? OK, who voted them first? Who pushed for it? Who defended them? Who switched votes last minute to get a townie lynched? All of these and many more are questions that can be analyzed if you don't take out a stick of dynamite and just blow up the only useful information we have.

Anyway, I guess at this point I'm going to have to agree to disagree if this has to go any farther. I can only bang my head against a wall so long.

7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post

Anyone else notice Kthx is lurking so far? He did this last game as scum. Not to mention the multiple other mutes.. Someone has to get in touch with beast sooner than later to see if he will play too since he has been added even tho he said he was out...
        it's the first fucking phase of the game, what do you want me to do, give a breakdown of the game or something lol?
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post

it's the first fucking phase of the game, what do you want me to do, give a breakdown of the game or something lol?
          Well yes... actually I would lol. Some stuff is going on and you talking about wine and how u had liver destruction. ^_^
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• I've barely read anything except the funny parts, like Jessup flipping out over a cop claim (I still haven't seen where cop was ever mentioned??) and Voth throwing his keyboard across the room when asked questions, but I got the gist of it.

1. scarlet you may need to explain some of the acronyms you may normally use. They may or may not know them, or maybe they use another wording for it at least.

2. I plan on coasting as long as I possibly can after that MU game

3. Im enjoying watching voth flip out already after only a couple posts of MU-style questions.

4. I didnt see anyone claim cop. Just some random flavor name. When I read 'Watch as I hardclaim cop D1
            I'm Dillon Passage' I took it as a joke, but that's because I'm town and dont give a fuck whose a cop, if there even is one.

5. What is Dillon Passage's job on the show? Google says he's that tiger dude's husband. That isnt something I'd think fits 'town cop' but what do I know. Maybe flavor doesnt matter here, but it could.

6. Jessup immediately freaking out over the fake cop claim was weird. So is all that puurr purr kitty shit, but I'm not into decrypting nonsensical breadcrumbs like a weaponized autist. Jessup is trying to soft claim a PR on D1 though, yet freaks out when scarlet does it? I didnt take the 'purr purr kitty eats you' shit as 'I'm a town cop' hint, so maybe Jessup fucked up and is scum?

7. Voth saying scarlet is either town or scum was some big brained analysis. I'm impressed.
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
              I've barely read anything except the funny parts, like Jessup flipping out over a cop claim (I still haven't seen where cop was ever mentioned??) and Voth throwing his keyboard across the room when asked questions, but I got the gist of it.

1. scarlet you may need to explain some of the acronyms you may normally use. They may or may not know them, or maybe they use another wording for it at least.

2. I plan on coasting as long as I possibly can after that MU game

3. Im enjoying watching voth flip out already after only a couple posts of MU-style questions.

4. I didnt see anyone claim cop. Just some random flavor name. When I read 'Watch as I hardclaim cop D1
              I'm Dillon Passage' I took it as a joke, but that's because I'm town and dont give a fuck whose a cop, if there even is one.

5. What is Dillon Passage's job on the show? Google says he's that tiger dude's husband. That isnt something I'd think fits 'town cop' but what do I know. Maybe flavor doesnt matter here, but it could.

6. Jessup immediately freaking out over the fake cop claim was weird. So is all that puurr purr kitty shit, but I'm not into decrypting nonsensical breadcrumbs like a weaponized autist. Jessup is trying to soft claim a PR on D1 though, yet freaks out when scarlet does it? I didnt take the 'purr purr kitty eats you' shit as 'I'm a town cop' hint, so maybe Jessup fucked up and is scum?

7. Voth saying scarlet is either town or scum was some big brained analysis. I'm impressed.
              If we weren't in the middle of a game, your PM box would be full at this point. I can't even take the acronyms and shorthand.

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy scarlet is here. He at least has the ability to own his opinion and defend it - even if I STRONGLY disagree. Big upgrade from some of the old furniture around here.
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post

Well yes... actually I would lol. Some stuff is going on and you talking about wine and how u had liver destruction. ^_^
                That isn't how I play, day one is for grudges and entertainment. However I am pretty sure Willby is scum this game. His wording is far too mechanical, like hes trying too hard to sound like he is town and ended up sounding too robotic.

Unvote: Le_Paul
                Vote: Willby
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
                  Oh, so it's a fakeclaim. I'm really waiting on pins and needles to hear your "meta" reasoning behind a cop fakeclaim day 1. What good could it possibly produce if you are pro-town?
                  I'm inclined to agree with Voth here. The possible existence of a cult in this game has been mentioned by a few players, and I suspect scarlet might be a bulletproof cult leader. IIRC, a cop and a cult leader would look similar in that they'd be able to accurately call out a payer as mafia or (previously) town based on whether or not they were successful after a recruitment attempt. The cop fake claim would be a good angle to draw out town power roles for high priority recruits.

Vote Scarlet

but you know...I reserve the right to wildly back down due to peer pressure later.

Comment

• As for what you can expect from me, I'll leave this gif as an explanation. No other non-poop-incident-related personal questions will be entertained...but I'm down to swap hot goss on who's who in this zoo of scum and villainy.

Comment

• Fuck me I'm too hungover for this. I've read the whole thread and I'm not voting anyone yet. Right now the two main candidates are Jessup and scarlet, one is making low-key town PR claim, the other is using initialisms and terms like "recursive reasoning" in an effort to look cool around his new friends and distract from his idiotic D1 cop roleclaim.

Scarlet's argument for why it wouldn't be bad for a fake cop roleclaim who is actually a vanilla townie on D1 knowing they'll likely be killed on N1 is "well the VTs should throw themselves in front of the bullets." Maybe that's true, I guess it is, but considering how pompous you come off I don't really see you as the type. The only reason I'm not voting for you is because it makes even less sense for scum to roleclaim cop D1.

Jessup's "here kitty kitty" shit just keeps making me think of the music video Joe Exotic had, and considering the amount of powers he alluding to, maybe he is indeed Joe Exotic himself.

About 5 of the 8 pages of this thread are taken up by scarlet and Voth bickering among each other over a point that really has little bearing on the game. It hurts my hungover brain to read and makes me want to vote for him.

That is all for now because while I'm sure scarlet will be here any instant to tell me how his fake roleclaim helped him learn oh so much, it really was just a waste of time and a waste of braincells to read.
                      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• Had to post this so I didnt see that horrible watermarked atrocity of a .gif when I scrolled to the bottom.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                          Had to post this so I didnt see that horrible watermarked atrocity of a .gif when I scrolled to the bottom.
                          Gifs Dot Com
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• I kinda like scarlet, even though I dont know who they are. I dont think there's anyone named scarlet at the MU forum so they're anonymous to me too. The pompous prick stuff is right up my alley though so I'm good with it.
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                              I kinda like scarlet, even though I dont know who they are. I dont think there's anyone named scarlet at the MU forum so they're anonymous to me too. The pompous prick stuff is right up my alley though so I'm good with it.
                              It's like hes the prince of whales almost.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                                I can't fucking spell
                                Heres where you're confusing MU tryharding to offsite games I think. Theres no reason anyone has to wait a day to push people for bad votes, but usually everyone here is lazy and just doesn't care as much until later days. Also, it's more amusing to lynch randomly sometimes.

Plus, some people are more entertaining to keep around than others, some are just fun to lynch early to hear them bitch about it post-game, etc. Day 1 is usually the best time to do that sort of thing, or at least pretend you will, especially early in the day. People tend to get more serious near deadline. Eventually the switch flips, but it never starts that way here.
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X