No announcement yet.

[Mafia] First Game of Fall 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to go off of here but beast did the classic scum fake claim as power role so I have to do what is expected of a good townie.

VOTE BEAST
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Markmrw View Post
      I rep ignore you!
      :P

I believe in the Voth, Voth is 100% town.

I now am suspicious of WIllby though
      Interesting take. Care to elaborate? Who do you think is suspicious (besides me of course)? Who are you voting?

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
        Not much to go off of here but beast did the classic scum fake claim as power role so I have to do what is expected of a good townie.

VOTE BEAST
        Agreed regarding the fake claim, but I actually town-read that specifically on beast. He does this shit as town, but is too worried to die as mafia.

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
          Sorry, as usual I'm not super active on weekends. I'm looking forward to hearing what Beast has to say about last night. I hate relying on a power role that way, but since he's already 99% claimed, I feel like it's going to be hard to get any conversation going until this is sorted out. I won't even put a placeholder vote in for now.

Hi Jessup, good to see you buddy.

Exalt died before he could even say Occam's Razor, has this ever happened before?
          I'll give you some credit on the weekend comment, but you've been fairly quiet otherwise. I need you (or Voth, if he's not scum) to help me save this game by waking up. Really rather not be fighting beast this whole game for town to have any chance.

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

I'll give you some credit on the weekend comment, but you've been fairly quiet otherwise. I need you (or Voth, if he's not scum) to help me save this game by waking up. Really rather not be fighting beast this whole game for town to have any chance.
            Sure, I'm in, where do we start? Do we start by digging into Beast's claim? I'm inclined to say no, for obvious reasons. Do we go on Voth for his hammer vote on day 1? Maybe. Or do we start putting pressure on the other 7 or whatever players who aren't saying or doing anything? This is where I'm leaning, but when over 50% of the players in this game aren't saying or doing anything, this feels like its going to be an uphill battle to find any scum. Right now the scum players just need to shut up and make 1 post voting someone in the day phase and they'll most likely cruise into the next phase.

Anyway, I'd like to hear more from field I guess, since I know him and he was here earlier. Any thoughts on anything thats gone on so far?
            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Interesting take. Care to elaborate? Who do you think is suspicious (besides me of course)? Who are you voting?
              OK OK, I am new here don't really know what i am doing so i will try my best
              I put Voth in Jail, and someone still died, so he must be town (am i right in that belief?)

I assume as it was Exalt that was murdered by the Mafia scum the mafias did that as he was a non voter - easy win for them i suppose.

Day 1 votes
              Vehicle (2) - Markmrw, Voth - I assume Voth is just a big meanie and wanted to thin the herd (from what im reading it seems he's a bit of a bastard)
              the_paul (1) - WillBy - Suspicious - Jumped on the Voth revote
              Willby (1) - field - Suspicious - Too quiet, like a sneaky mafia hiding in the shadows
              field (1) - the_paul - The Underscore Paul will always be above suspicion as far as i am concerned
              Voth (1) - Vehicle - Confirmed town
              Jessup - no vote - I believe as Jessup replaced Mafia goon which just has to be a double bluff, or am I reading into that just too much

I am suspicious of 2 so will pick one and Vote field
              MRW

Comment

oh beast i forgot about beast, is beast intentionally being weird/obtuse or is beast trying to throw us off the Mafia scent
                MRW

Comment

Vote Count
                  Voth (1) - WillBy
                  WillBy (1) - Beast
                  Beast (1) - Jessup
                  Field (1) - Markmrw

Roughly 5 hours and 30 minutes remain in the phase.

Casual reminder that, in a tie, the scum determine the lynch target.

Comment

Originally posted by orangeandblack5 View Post
                    1. voth
                    2. Willby
                    3. LF
                    4. Beast
                    5. Vehicle
                    6. Field
                    7. The_paul
                    8. Exalt
                    9. Markmrw
                    Ok, I like a good Xog list as much as the next guy, good idea Mark. I doubt I'll have anything of note to say, but here we go:

Voth - Hammer vote on Vehicle day 1, which doesn't necessarily mean anything. It happened, but it was day 1, we were all just throwing darts. Hasn't called anyone a flathead fuk fuk idiot yet, which could actually mean something.

Willby - Slippery as always. Seems to want to encourage activity, which generally doesn't favor scum. Of course Willby would know this, so is this reverse psychology? Always a Chiefs fan, which makes him notoriously untrustworthy.

LF - Didn't he get subbed? I'm not even sure

Beast - Probably the one I'm on the fence about the most. Makes a claim early on saying he's going to use his ability, and then says his ability failed? Now he has an excuse for that unfortunately, but still just an absolute wildcard in this game.

Vehicle - RIP homie

Field - Has been suspiciously quiet all game. Accused of having a short attention span, he could very well have just forgotten about the game. With just 5 hours to go until phase change, if I had to vote right now, I think it would be on Field.

the_paul - Pure as the driven snow, obviously.

Exalt - Pour one out, murdered before he could even speak

MarkMRW - The love of my online life. Claimed town power role, which we have to take at face value at the moment.

Like I said, not a lot there. If I had to guess, I'm suspicious of Field, and I'm fairly sure one of MarkMRW and Beast is scum. I would guess one of the claims was to try and bait a counterclaim. If the other claim is true, that would mean both town power roles would be in the open on day 2, which wouldn't be great for town. Beast claiming his ability failed and now having a specific way to justify it is certainly... convenient. In order my suspicions: Field, Beast, MarkMRW. I can't trust Voth or Willby as far as I can throw them. Vehicle and Exalt are dead. I am just realizing as I type that Jessup subbed in for someone who subbed in for LF (I think?), so right now she might actually be the person I trust the most.

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

Originally posted by Markmrw View Post

OK OK, I am new here don't really know what i am doing so i will try my best
                      I put Voth in Jail, and someone still died, so he must be town (am i right in that belief?)

I assume as it was Exalt that was murdered by the Mafia scum the mafias did that as he was a non voter - easy win for them i suppose.

Day 1 votes
                      Vehicle (2) - Markmrw, Voth - I assume Voth is just a big meanie and wanted to thin the herd (from what im reading it seems he's a bit of a bastard)
                      the_paul (1) - WillBy - Suspicious - Jumped on the Voth revote
                      Willby (1) - field - Suspicious - Too quiet, like a sneaky mafia hiding in the shadows
                      field (1) - the_paul - The Underscore Paul will always be above suspicion as far as i am concerned
                      Voth (1) - Vehicle - Confirmed town
                      Jessup - no vote - I believe as Jessup replaced Mafia goon which just has to be a double bluff, or am I reading into that just too much

I am suspicious of 2 so will pick one and Vote field
                      You generally shouldn't claim a role in that manner, but to answer your question about there still being a night kill: there are 2 mafia members, and either can make a night kill. This is at least how I'd run it, OB5 maybe can clarify if a specific mafia member makes the kill. Based on the roles included (tracker, jailer) is assume yes. So what could've happened is Voth was jailed, but his accomplice, let's say field, made the kill instead.

As for the rest of your post, I have no comments really so far. Agreed about field being too quiet, but disagreed about sketch t_p.

Comment

Ok, I probably made a mistake here, but my intention was to fake role claim, in hopes of luring attention away from actual town role players, I have no abilities, and all I can do is vote for people.
                        2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Roughly 16 minutes remain in the phase.

Comment

WOW we have one townie fake claiming power roles and one townie outting themselves as our jailor with zero reason to do so.. wtf lol. Hilarious and for the love of God one of you better be scum. Mark did you read about any basic strategy how to play this game? If you are jailer and you came out just now having NO SUCCESS the night before I hope you realize you are going to die tonight unless you jail the killer. It was probably a bad play because mafia will simply target you if it is true. As towns most important role you should have kept ur mouth closed until you had success.

I have to keep my vote on beast. Too risky to kill mark tonight if he is jailor. Sadly....

Lurker field is an issue.

Currently Mark, Beast and Field are my main concerns.
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Unvote Beast

Vote Voth

Not allowing a tie and Voth well...
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

God damnit I hate to do this, but he's seriously way too quiet.

vote Field

field pls show up

Comment

Working...
                                X