[Mafia] Someone is Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

In a way, yes. But also no. Paul has been scum the last two games. It's a virtual certainty at this point. Just like how whoever he votes for must also be scum, as he is bussing them. #science
    This is all true.

Vote WILLBY

Checkmate.
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post
      So what do you guys make of the "Someone is watching" and the "1-shot GLOBAL modifier for one role". Sounds to me like some kind of third party at least.

Been out for so long I feel I need to brush up on the Mafia Wiki a little bit.
      Sounds to me, there is a dangerous person .. what I dont know.. its been a while since I played this. What's everyone take on this?

VOTE VOTH , you've been awfully quiet
      >^________^<!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacklyn View Post

Sounds to me, there is a dangerous person .. what I dont know.. its been a while since I played this. What's everyone take on this?

VOTE VOTH , you've been awfully quiet
        who the fuck are you?

Looks an awful lot like a scum team sending a wildcard after me D1 because the one pulling the strings is too much of a pussy to do it themselves. For some reason, that feels an awful lot like it's Paul/Willby speed.

Anyway, I'll just throw it out there. I'm vanilla town and I'm actively furious at LF for not giving me a better role. Fuck you, LF.

Oh by the way, I'll be visiting you all in your dreams/nightmares each night if you kill me this early again. Fuck you all, bitches.
        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10
        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post

Oh by the way, I'll be visiting you [...] each night
          Caught Voth with a classic scum slip. Cant be a VT and be visiting people each night. Stay tuned for more scum slips.

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

Isn't there like a cult thing where one person can secretly convert people to their clan without their knowledge? Maybe some kind of trigger that would put those people onto a scumgang? Would that count as a global modifier?
            Oh boy, Vehicle suggesting there's a cult extra early...

If you know something I don't, feel free to share. But here's why I cant believe there would be a cult:

So there are 9 players total, lets pretend 1 is a cult leader and 8 are town. This leaves a potential for the cult leader to get lynched D1, ending the game instantly.

Alternatively, if there are 2 cultists (avoiding a D1 loss), then we have have only 7 town. A bad lynch D1, a successful recruit N1, and a mislynch D2 leaves 3 cultists and 4 town heading into a night phase, likely ending the game before D3.

Either of these options are pretty unbalanced, and the addition of a mafia or a SK just makes it worse.

While I don't expect most people to have analyzed cults/game balance as much as I have, I really don't think this is a path worth exploring. So I'll ask again- share information you may have about a cult, or let's focus on the mafia.

In my experience, typically the first person to suggest a non-mafia scum role, without any additional info (like nightkills, or specific roles) is scum themselves.

Comment

Ok well I'll put a placeholder VOTE for Beast for calling me scum this early and not wanting people to discuss and analyze about the possible roles and theme of the game. Also ready of course to remove it before I go to bed if I don't feel good about it.

Maybe some people that played back in the days may remember that I'm an advocate for abstaining day 1 if nothing special happens. Yes it gives mafia a night to get an advantage but they already have an advantage and know who to vote for. Town would just be shooting in the dark and you won't learn a lot from it because everyone can claim " day 1" and random guessing being the culprit for lynching a VT. But I'm happy to get a little more discussion going before making a decision one way or another.
              https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
              1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
              1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
              1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
              1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
              1:soild>they can say what they like
              1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
              1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Jacklyn View Post

there is a dangerous person

VOTE VOTH
                You are correct that Voth is dangerous to town, but after playing with him and hosting quite a bit, I can confirm that Voth harming town is NAI

Comment

Caught Voth with a classic scum slip. Cant be a VT and be visiting people each night. Stay tuned for more scum slips.
                  It's adorable that I was able to catch you that easily. I expected more from you, Willby. If you were vanilla town, you'd know why I said what I said. The other VTs in this game must know exactly what I mean, as well. That means you're either scum or potentially a town power role. I'd guess scum since it is 100% your speed to send Jacklyn to do your dirty work. That is of course until you think you have an opening like you did there, where you surprisingly out yourself! Isn't that just lucky?

So there you have it, roleclaim or die, scum.

vote Willby

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Alternatively, if there are 2 cultists (avoiding a D1 loss), then we have have only 7 town. A bad lynch D1, a successful recruit N1, and a mislynch D2 leaves 3 cultists and 4 town heading into a night phase, likely ending the game before D3.

Well 3 bad phases for town in a 9-man game is gonna mean a horrible position anyway so I wouldn't rule it out because of game-balance reasons.

I find it weird we wouldn't have some kind of third party if you think about the game name. I don't expect one of town or mafia having some kind of all-seeing power.
                    https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                    1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                    1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                    1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                    1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                    1:soild>they can say what they like
                    1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                    1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

You are correct that Voth is dangerous to town, but after playing with him and hosting quite a bit, I can confirm that Voth harming town is NAI
                      Why don't you two just talk on scum chat? You don't need to play games by interacting right here out in the open.

Cute!

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

If you know something I don't, feel free to share. But here's why I cant believe there would be a cult:

So there are 9 players total, lets pretend 1 is a cult leader and 8 are town. This leaves a potential for the cult leader to get lynched D1, ending the game instantly.

Either of these options are pretty unbalanced, and the addition of a mafia or a SK just makes it worse.

While I don't expect most people to have analyzed cults/game balance as much as I have, I really don't think this is a path worth exploring. So I'll ask again- share information you may have about a cult, or let's focus on the mafia.

In my experience, typically the first person to suggest a non-mafia scum role, without any additional info (like nightkills, or specific roles) is scum themselves.
                        Oh my lord. Willby is so clearly scum this game that it is just brutal to watch. Latch onto some bullshit Vehicle said and go off on a soliloquy about cults and game balance, just to end it with "let's focus on the scum." Yes sir, please continue to send me in their direction as you have so generously done thus far.

Go back to lurking through phases when you pull a scum role, my friend. It suits you better.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Ok well I'll put a placeholder VOTE for Beast for calling me scum this early and not wanting people to discuss and analyze about the possible roles and theme of the game. Also ready of course to remove it before I go to bed if I don't feel good about it.

Maybe some people that played back in the days may remember that I'm an advocate for abstaining day 1 if nothing special happens. Yes it gives mafia a night to get an advantage but they already have an advantage and know who to vote for. Town would just be shooting in the dark and you won't learn a lot from it because everyone can claim " day 1" and random guessing being the culprit for lynching a VT. But I'm happy to get a little more discussion going before making a decision one way or another.
                          Before Exalt explains his rationale, I'll offer a simpler, 2 part explanation:

Part 1- Town has only 1 weapon against the mafia, and we need to fire it as much as possible to win. Mafia wins by inaction- the longer a game goes on, the more likely it is that scum wins, simply because they WILL kill every night, meaning they advance their wincon regardless of day phases. Let's assume 2 mafia members. Absolute optimal play from town is lynch scum D1, someone is nightkilled N1, and lynch scum D2. To play optimally, we should lynch D1, right?

Part 2- when you declare no intention to lynch someone D1, the stakes are inherently lowered. Why would beast be threatened by your vote if you aren't going to keep it on him? We don't have to lynch anyone today, but if we say we aren't then there's no pressure, and no information gained. I have full intention of gaining information today, so let's start with a Vote Beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                            Go back to lurking through phases when you pull a scum role, my friend. It suits you better.
                            You know Voth is Town because when he's scum he gets lynched D1.

But wins anyways...

Comment

Well 3 bad phases for town in a 9-man game is gonna mean a horrible position anyway so I wouldn't rule it out because of game-balance reasons.

I find it weird we wouldn't have some kind of third party if you think about the game name. I don't expect one of town or mafia having some kind of all-seeing power.
                              Didn't you say you thought the name was about there being a watcher in the game? Why does that suggest a third party?

Comment

You know Voth is Town because when he's scum he gets lynched D1.

But wins anyways...

Before Exalt explains his rationale, I'll offer a simpler, 2 part explanation:

Part 1- Town has only 1 weapon against the mafia, and we need to fire it as much as possible to win. Mafia wins by inaction- the longer a game goes on, the more likely it is that scum wins, simply because they WILL kill every night, meaning they advance their wincon regardless of day phases. Let's assume 2 mafia members. Absolute optimal play from town is lynch scum D1, someone is nightkilled N1, and lynch scum D2. To play optimally, we should lynch D1, right?

Part 2- when you declare no intention to lynch someone D1, the stakes are inherently lowered. Why would beast be threatened by your vote if you aren't going to keep it on him? We don't have to lynch anyone today, but if we say we aren't then there's no pressure, and no information gained. I have full intention of gaining information today, so let's start with a Vote Beast.
                                Why are you so evasive now? You seemed pretty thrilled about my alleged scum slip, and now you're doing all you can to deflect and avoid direct contact with me. Why are you so frantic to fill space with posts that don't directly address me or what I've said? Are you feeling a bit pressed?

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X