United 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United 93

uh.. before i post anything, just wanna warn people that this thread might to into one hell of a controversial debate. just control yourself abit

United 93, a movie about what happened on United Airline Flight 93 on 9/11.

isn't it a tard bit early to make a movie about 9/11 already? IMO, 9/11 is one of those incident that Hollywood should stay the hell away from. Documentaries are fine, but movies are a big no no. Cause this will just be another one of those 'American Hero' movies. "We are american, we are heroes. we will save the day!" Last thing 9/11 and the victims of it need was some actors/director who know jackshit about what actually happened dramatize the event.

Also, how can it be based on a true event when no one really knows what happened on that plane? Blackbox recorded conversations in the cockpit, but it did not record the series of actions that happened. Pretty fuked up if you'd call this movie based on true story
    1 + 1 = 1

I think it's a bunch of shit. We haven't forgotten 9/11, we know those guys were genuine heroes, this movie is a propaganda film. For Hollywood to take creative license with 9/11 is a disgrace.

Comment

too damn early, i hope it flops

they should make a rule where you have to wait 25 years before making a movie on some tragic event

Comment

Wether or not it is propaganda or a moneybank, I think the movie will end up horribly sappy or a terrificly feel-good. I'd rather wait to watch Oliver Stone's WTC(working title as of now), but I'll pay to see this since there is going to be so much attention.
        dong burger

Comment

They need to pump up the american ego, and increase the anger and whatnot related to 9/11 before they can invade Iran.
          7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
          7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
          7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
          7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
          1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Was this one the plane which landed without hitting eny objects...other than...earth.

I saw Discovery's document about it and it was fine and case is quite handled right there, no need for movies.
            Original Mambonian
            TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
            I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

That strikes me as a VERY bad idea so soon, its been 5 years? thats not enough, what would be next "tsunami:natures revenge", "New Orleans: waterworld", "RED Square: the Tiananmen story"

They may say "oh we are just trying to tell a story, the truth", but behind this movie is the green, its one of those films that thats gonna generate billions (for very low cost, not like the big blockbusters)..maybe even bitch slap "titanic" abit.

Will any of the money be going to the families of those people? doubtful except maybe a show of face a few grand here and there to a couple of charities in which 5c/$1 goes to anyone actaully needing it.

and as far as artistic licence is concerned we are gonna see 4 men with nothing but their 'nam training and a couple of in-flight food trays take on 35 ninja terrioists with machine guns..ok perhaps a bit of exaggeration (or alot), but since they have no real clue what happened up there anyway..whats the point?

and isnt it just going to offend and hype-up an already very touchy subject,

and for the people on that flight and for their families involved im sure its the wrong thing to do.

/RANT, sorry :/
              Last edited by Suh; 04-29-2006, 08:10 AM.
              Reinstate Sarien
              ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie-Q
                Will any of the money be going to the families of those people? doubtful except maybe a show of face a few grand here and there to a couple of charities in which 5c/$1 goes to anyone actaully needing it.
                I heard on one of the news programs that 10% of the proceeds from opening weekend are going to build a memorial at the crash site. But in that same program, the studios expect the opening turnout to be much lower than most movies---so you're pretty much on the ball with that. They're gonna donate some money, but they don't expect it to be 10% of the regular $20 million dollar opening weekends like most movies do.

Comment

Honestly.. who cares?

Nobody is forcing you to go see it, if all off you think it's to early, let it know and don't go watch it, If they do get alot of spectaters, proves them right. I think it's bs to say something can't be done because it hasn't been long enough ago.

Pim Fortuyn was murdered here, 5 years ago.. HUGE deal, there was a book and movie within 3 years.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

According you have to wait 23 years before you joke about seriuos things like this. Yes, i think the movie is joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
                      isn't it a tard bit early to make a movie about 9/11 already?
                      Teehee
                      :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

I notice that the majority of people who think this is a joke arent even american, save for subjugation. Of course you think its a joke. This is like holocaust movies; I'm not a jew so when I watch those I feel bad and all sorta for what happened, but it really doesnt get the full effect as if they were my people. Canadians should just be banned from posting about what happens to america though, since they live in our shadow and we have to protect them from everything.
                        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
                          I notice that the majority of people who think this is a joke arent even american, save for subjugation. Of course you think its a joke. This is like holocaust movies; I'm not a jew so when I watch those I feel bad and all sorta for what happened, but it really doesnt get the full effect as if they were my people. Canadians should just be banned from posting about what happens to america though, since they live in our shadow and we have to protect them from everything.
                          LOL Now I don't need to post.

Comment

This will be a huge money maker for two reasons:

1.) It was 9/11
                            2.) This is America.

Done and Done. I hope the people that made this are happy that they are making money off the death of some heros.
                            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                              This will be a huge money maker for two reasons:

1.) It was 9/11
                              2.) This is America.

Done and Done. I hope the people that made this are happy that they are making money off the death of some heros.
                              People have been making money off of dead heros long before 9/11. And even since 9/11, people have been doing it ("Hey, buy a car magnet and show you support the troops! You do support the troops, right?").
                              Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Working...
                              X