Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many are dead? all i know is its 20+

Comment

30 kills? MVP, for sure. Glad d1st0rt missed out, that would be fucking horrible.

Comment

I find it amazing in such a small community (and lets be honest, subspacers are a pretty small community, and twers even smaller) that we seem to have someone in the middle of things most of the time. I remeber when ZeUs!! was in the tube during the bombings and all that.

Glad you're ok d1, never give up, trust your instincts.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Worst thing is, I live in VA aswell, but not at blacksburg. RIP Vt Victims.
          TWLD Champion 2014
          TWDTB Champion 2013
          TWDTB Champion 2016
          TWDTB Champion 2017
          TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
          -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

sad...33 ppl dead. including gunner

gunner seems to be asian and pretty young, im guessing a student at the college?

i wonder if it has anything to do with the previous one

Comment

First of all, the media are such fucking douchebags. I am not a person who ever gets angry, and I am livid beyond expression right now. I seriously have not been able to watch TV coverage since the first press conference because I want to break something so much. Apparently a larger percentage of the student body is comprised of idiots than I had previously thought as well.

I have completely supported the decisions made by the Administration and the Police hear since the beginning. Yes, hindsight is 20/20 (something our beloved journalists love to exploit at any opportunity) and even understanding the whole situation I say they made a good call. I don't have a lot of time to go in depth on this right now, but I assure you it will be forthcoming later tonight.

Let's just settle down and think rationally folks, for fuck's sake.
              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                why are classes being canceled for you?
                A nor'easter hit us and the surrounding roads like Route 18 are closed and other places are flooded.
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Chino View Post
                  US Gunlaws suck
                  Yes, if everyone carried a gun at school, instead of 33 deaths crammed into one day, you can spread out 50 gun-related deaths/injuries over a period of 365 days. Much better idea.
                  Originally posted by paradise!
                  pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                  1:Reaver> HALP
                  1:Reaver> HELELP
                  1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                  1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

(max b)>ROFL U GUYS GOT PWNED

hilarious, faggot
                    USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
                      I have completely supported the decisions made by the Administration and the Police hear since the beginning. Yes, hindsight is 20/20 (something our beloved journalists love to exploit at any opportunity) and even understanding the whole situation I say they made a good call. I don't have a lot of time to go in depth on this right now, but I assure you it will be forthcoming later tonight.

Quoted for truthiness. Imus who? Ok, on to exploit the next tragedy.

But the only thing I was wondering was why they kept classes open after the first shooting? And I'm glad you're ok.

Comment

This is now an immigration/terror issue.

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
                          First of all, the media are such fucking douchebags. I am not a person who ever gets angry, and I am livid beyond expression right now. I seriously have not been able to watch TV coverage since the first press conference because I want to break something so much. Apparently a larger percentage of the student body is comprised of idiots than I had previously thought as well.

While I think that the media implying that the school was at fault from the very beginning was in extremely poor taste, I have to disagree with you that the school handled the issue well.

The media coverage is awful, I agree. Every single news outlet cut away from the press conference (which had a shot at providing new information) to show that same stupid cell phone video and the same interviews over and over again, that's just ridiculous in my opinion. Also, at the very beginning of the situation, the media was already trying to blame the school, CNN interviewed one student that said "it just makes me angry" and the lady was like "what, that the school couldn't prevent this?" At that point, I was saying the same things that you said.

That said, I cannot imagine how anyone can justify not coming up with an effective plan to deal with the threat that there was a gunman on the loose that had just killed two students. One of the student interviews (with the girl in the classroom where 20 people were shot) that was repeated ad nauseum said that the gunman peeked in the class "and it was sketch". However, none of the students in that classroom had any idea that there had been a murder on campus, because the administration took over two hours to send out an e-mail. The meeting of the school leaders met at 8:25 (over an hour after the shooting) and it took them over an hour to decide to send out an e-mail. In my mind, this is inexcusable.

From what I can see, though, it's not the administration's fault. Several hints have been dropped that the school couldn't make a decision because the police did not want them to. During the first news conference, when a reporter asked "why wasn't school cancelled after the first murder" the president deferred to the chief of police. I would think that the president would answer that question unless it was the police chief that made the decision.

I have no doubt that the police were doing the best they can, but I think there's a larger issue at play. How can you justify having what are essentially rent-a-cops running a murder investigation? Every school I've been to, all campus police do is hand out parking tickets and drinking citations. How can a police chief who spends his time overseeing, at worst, investigations into petty drug deals, be expected to run a murder investigation?

It seems to me that when there is a murder on campus, classes should be cancelled if the gunman has not been apprehended. Period. If the students were being kept in classrooms to remain safe, something should have been done to make sure the students actually WERE safe. The building that the second batch of murders were committed in had locks on the doors. Nobody locked them. Had students been let out of class, perhaps the gunman would have had a chance to shoot some people, but there is no way he could find a group of 25 people trapped in the same place. Had the students been informed in time that there was a murder and that they should be on the lookout for suspicious behavior, perhaps a member of that German class would have thought the behavior of the gunman peeking in the first time suspicious enough to say something about it.

Of course it's the fault of the gunman, and of course the police and administration weren't trying to get more people murdered, but it seems to me that the campus police acted, well, like campus police, and had they acted like real police, deaths could have been prevented.

edit: for the most part i really zoned out on any coverage that wasnt just video of the press conferences and interviews with students, so i dont really think im being brainwashed by cnn on this or anything.
                          5:gen> man
                          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
                            While I think that the media implying that the school was at fault from the very beginning was in extremely poor taste, I have to disagree with you that the school handled the issue well.

The media coverage is awful, I agree. Every single news outlet cut away from the press conference (which had a shot at providing new information) to show that same stupid cell phone video and the same interviews over and over again, that's just ridiculous in my opinion. Also, at the very beginning of the situation, the media was already trying to blame the school, CNN interviewed one student that said "it just makes me angry" and the lady was like "what, that the school couldn't prevent this?" At that point, I was saying the same things that you said.

That said, I cannot imagine how anyone can justify not coming up with an effective plan to deal with the threat that there was a gunman on the loose that had just killed two students. One of the student interviews (with the girl in the classroom where 20 people were shot) that was repeated ad nauseum said that the gunman peeked in the class "and it was sketch". However, none of the students in that classroom had any idea that there had been a murder on campus, because the administration took over two hours to send out an e-mail. The meeting of the school leaders met at 8:25 (over an hour after the shooting) and it took them over an hour to decide to send out an e-mail. In my mind, this is inexcusable.

From what I can see, though, it's not the administration's fault. Several hints have been dropped that the school couldn't make a decision because the police did not want them to. During the first news conference, when a reporter asked "why wasn't school cancelled after the first murder" the president deferred to the chief of police. I would think that the president would answer that question unless it was the police chief that made the decision.

I have no doubt that the police were doing the best they can, but I think there's a larger issue at play. How can you justify having what are essentially rent-a-cops running a murder investigation? Every school I've been to, all campus police do is hand out parking tickets and drinking citations. How can a police chief who spends his time overseeing, at worst, investigations into petty drug deals, be expected to run a murder investigation?

It seems to me that when there is a murder on campus, classes should be cancelled if the gunman has not been apprehended. Period. If the students were being kept in classrooms to remain safe, something should have been done to make sure the students actually WERE safe. The building that the second batch of murders were committed in had locks on the doors. Nobody locked them. Had students been let out of class, perhaps the gunman would have had a chance to shoot some people, but there is no way he could find a group of 25 people trapped in the same place. Had the students been informed in time that there was a murder and that they should be on the lookout for suspicious behavior, perhaps a member of that German class would have thought the behavior of the gunman peeking in the first time suspicious enough to say something about it.

Of course it's the fault of the gunman, and of course the police and administration weren't trying to get more people murdered, but it seems to me that the campus police acted, well, like campus police, and had they acted like real police, deaths could have been prevented.

edit: for the most part i really zoned out on any coverage that wasnt just video of the press conferences and interviews with students, so i dont really think im being brainwashed by cnn on this or anything.
                            I agree with a lot of what you said except I do have to say that I've gone to a college before where the campus police were legitimate police. They had jurisdiction beyond just the campus and were well trained professionals. If something like that ever happened at my previous college I'd trust them with the investigation. Maybe d1st0rt can clarify whether they've got rent-a-cops or not.
                            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                            3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                            3:Best> see it coming
                            3:Best> sad

Comment

Our school is like Reaver's. We have general campus police but the city police covers our university for the bigger stuff.

Comment

im waiting for the halo 3 legendary edition school shooting complete with helmet

whys there even a big discussion about this? if i decided tomorrow to load up a shotty and shoot up town i could go on a rampage also its not hard. No ones to blame for some psycho losing his mind and killing a bunch of people. It's one of those things that just isnt planned for when you build a college lol
                                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Working...
                                X