Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
    if you didn't know,

heath ledger spent like 6 months in a hotel room cutoff from all communication and human contact to attain this psychotic role.

Of course he studied the comic book joker

Notice the posture: it's not always upright but in a crooked hunched kind of way where it looks like he's looking down on people.

Notice the bipolar behavior where it's amusing and sarcastic, to vicious and dangerous.

Notice that I'm saying notice a lot.

Notice how he has great oratory skills making people change and believe what he has to say.

Also the scene where he cross dresses is also fucking the real joker. crazy mother fucker.

fuck I hate to say it, but my roommate was right. Jack really did butcher it (he only had the smile to be honest).
    Oh and you dont think Heath Ledger studied Nicholsons role when he spent that time in his hotel room popping pills?

How about Harvey Dent? What you guys think about the actor who played Harvey?

Oh and thank god my theatre waited till the credits rolled to start clapping. B)
    2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Aaron Eckhart is the man. that is all
      sigpic
      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Aaron Eckhart is the man. that is all
        thank you for smoking was a great movie with him
        Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
        2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
        2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

I'm glad my theater wasn't clapping the whole time. It was seriously an AMAZING movie thoughl; Heath was amazing as the Joker.
          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
          1:Chao <ER>> at all
          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

saw it last night. I liked it.

Although the batman appearing and disappearing thing seemed a bit incredulous.

And a certain villian was killed wayyyy too soon imo.
            TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
            TelCat> hoes get paid :(
            TelCat> i dont

Comment

Personally, I think Eckhart was even better than Ledger. I'm sure i'm probably alone on that, but there it is anyways.

Maggie Gyllenhall is really ugly too, for the record.
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Saw it in Hoyts Director's suite last night. No annoying people in the audience when there were only 20-ish people in the whole theatre. Glass of Maker's Mark in hand, reclined back just taking every fucking moment in like the non-stop rollercoaster ride it was.

Best Movie Ever

Comment

Great movie. I don't think Eckhart is getting as much recognition as he deserves for his role. Joker was very very well done as well.

If I see this again, I'm going to try to see it in IMAX. There are several scenes that they directed for IMAX that's in 3D.
                  duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

cause if you asked me, I think she alone dropped this movie from a 10 to a 9.
                    Kattie Holmes would have tanked the entire Two Face plot. [spoiler]At least she's dead so no big deal.[/spoiler]

Originally posted by Kid Kaos
                    How about Harvey Dent? What you guys think about the actor who played Harvey?

Oh and thank god my theatre waited till the credits rolled to start clapping.
                    I think if he studied the role of his predecessor as you say Ledger must have... wrong choice. There's a lot of mythology and sources each character could have read into to find their place. Thankfully as much as Nicholson did a decent job and could have offered Ledger a lot, I don't think Tommy Lee Jones could have offered anything at all to Eckhart. Both should have and I think did looked outside of the film franchise pre-reboot. I think the CG on his face was poorly done if that matters. Good acting still.

Unfortunately the mouth breather didn't wait for us. They started and didn't stop once Joker did his little "magic trick" near the beginning.
                    Last edited by Kolar; 07-20-2008, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
                      I think the CG on his face was poorly done if that matters. Good acting still.
                      I completely agree. I just kept thinking of the cover for Resident Evil 4 everytime his face showed up. But I guess that's how it had to go because Nolan strayed away from the actual comic origin of Two-Face and went with the burn angle to help the story flow better. Seriously though, I would have preferred no CG at all.

Comment

Yeah, his left eye was missing its superior rectus and three or four other muscles making it impossible to move, yet it was moving. I wouldn't normally complain, but it seemed to me like they were taking a realistic approach to this film.
                        SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                        SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

realistic, like having a man with half of his face burned off being able to walk around in the first place after what seemed like 30 seconds of recovery

it's a comic book, keep that in mind
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

lol
                            Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                            You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                            There wont be another election for president.
                            Obama is the Omega President.
                            http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Awesome movie! Only thing that threw me off was Batman's deep, husky voice. Did he have that in the first movie? I dont remember him talking like that, threw me off a bit and was slightly distracting (not in the good way).

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                                Awesome movie! Only thing that threw me off was Batman's deep, husky voice. Did he have that in the first movie? I dont remember him talking like that, threw me off a bit and was slightly distracting (not in the good way).
                                yes
                                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                                X