WTF Japan? Epic thread of problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
    I think it's more of an issue of money and resources, if a family is more affluent and wealthy they will plan on having less kids.
    Someone watched Idiocracy too much

No way can you justify Takeshis Castle btw. Those guys just suck. If they dont 'lose face' from that based off some excuse then they can make a similar excuse for other things, like not working these 15 hour myth days youre telling me about

btw clearly none of you know any japanese people online, because they cant be working THAT hard as much as the ones I know/knew were online :P
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
      Someone watched Idiocracy too much
      I hate Mike Judge's work and I've never seen Idiocracy.

You're right in saying that lack of contraceptives and health care limit their options. But besides that the demands of life, having children, living in poverty and basically staying alive are vastly different in the third world compared to here. That also can effect how people make decisions, like how big of a family they want and more often need given morbidity and mortality rates to meet those demands.

Comment

Izor, you clearly do not understand a thing about Japan. I don't know that much about it myself, but definitely a shitload more than you as I have done some research into it for school.

As far as business life goes, Japan is very Top-down, there isn't really any question of people questioning their bosses about stuff. And as far as employment goes, people generally stick with 1 company their entire life and try to work their way up. Though job hopping is not seen as a bad thing in the US or most of Europe, in Japan it is. The mere fact that you left your job can really hurt you possibilities, regardless of the references you get. It was (I am talking between '90 and '00 now, not exactly sure about after that, but I am sure it still applies for a lot of markets) pretty common for you to be shunned by the entire sector you just left. Pretty much not being able to work for any other company in the same sector the company operates that you left. In other words, leaving a company is not something you do, questioning your bosses is not something you do. You don't go around suing your bosses.

Though there is some cultural change in Japan among the youth the last years, as far as the corporate world goes, a lot is still the same, and a lot of the rebellious youth still conforms to it when they enter the work force.

Edit: As far as kids go and the birth rate. During my parents generation and certainly before that, it wasn't weird to have 12 children in one family. Why? Poverty, the children needed to work to help support the family, as the Netherlands became richer, and the social system became better, there was less need to have as much kids. This is generally true for all first world countries. And it is true for most third world countries, more kids is more possibilities to get some income, some food in the house. Contraceptives play some role (which is also because of the church, certainly in Africa) and their availability.

Gay people is completely unrelated and a very retarded statement to make, however I am used to you being a complete retard, so it doesn't really surprise me at all.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I love how everyone here has opinions on Japan that sound like they come from observing Harold from Harold and Kuumar more than any proof or evidence. You can't learn how Japan's social structure is from Wikipedia.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            I love how I have opinions on the relation between the acceptance of gay people and birth rate that sound like they come from reading the bible more than any proof or evidence. You can't learn what the relation is from God.
            Fixed.

Edit: Disp has lived in Japan, Epi visited Japan, reads Japanese newspapers, watches Japanese tv, etc. And I have done research about the Japanese culture for my Uni work.

Ow, in case you don't know what that means. It means I have read books and articles written by Japanese people about the Japanese culture.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Ok I watch Anime that means that I obviously have a deep knowledge of the Japanese culture.

And how could the emergence of a huge gay underground not affect birthrates?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_may_ga...live_in_the_US

That means that there are 15 million to 30 million gay people in the United States (assuming a population of 300 million).

So that is 15-30 million people who aren't having kids and that doesn't affect the birthrate in America, yeah obviously my ideals on this are from the Bible. You are a fucking imbecile.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

You can't learn from Wikipedia.
                ok.

Comment

Finding an answer to a question and learning about a very complex hierarchy system in a culture is obviously the same thing. Just know when you are wrong and stfu instead of trying to make little bitchy posts trying get back at me for making you look like a dumb ass.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

You can't learn how Japan's social structure is from Wikipedia.
                    Oh and that was my original post, nice work cutting out some important words there, douche.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Itt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutenes...panese_culture

Comment

Why do you guys bother? This is just Wark and Izor staying true to their usual form. You already know exactly what they're going to say in reply even before you hit the post button.

Comment

There is only one person you make look like an dumb ass with each post you make.

hint: it ain't me.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                            Why do you guys bother? This is just Wark and Izor staying true to their usual form. You already know exactly what they're going to say in reply even before you hit the post button.
                            Makes it way too easy to mock. Common, I know you're old and 'wise' like me, but you're the 'troll king' this should be easy for you

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                              You're making the assumption that I dont try to learn about other cultures now. But you cant go from 'honor' to 'working 15 hour days' just like that for one. Also, American tv is a bad thing to pick admittedly because there are so many different cultures here. However if the Japanese admired perfection so much, shows like Takeshis Castle (aka mxc) wouldnt be around, because all the people do in it is make asses out of themselves. You're making it seem like all these people live for is honor. Thats just not true. If I watched MTV I'd be certain all white people live for is to hurt themselves doing stupid things and be in stupid reality tv shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdPWfFsrgf4

On your interpretation, everyone that couldnt win that fucking ez ass game should go committ suicide cause they failed and dishonored their families.
                              You need to learn to read. I never said anything about honour.

I just said they work long hours because people are conformist in Japan, are expected to stay and work long hours, are not willing to question their superiors, and as Displaced alluded to, they do not want to lose face.

As far as TV shows go I like how you think that Takeshi's castle proves any number of things about Japan, but yet watching MTV tells us nothing about America. Keep contradicting yourself over and over. Perhaps all this is a bit too complex for you to grasp though, I'm waiting for yet another idiotic post, using the most idiotic examples, where you keep contradicting yourself and generally make an ass of yourself.

BTW I don't have to assume you actually don't care about other cultures, I can quote from your own words:
                              Originally posted by Izor
                              Not in America. Fuck em
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                                You need to learn to read. I never said anything about honour.
                                Really damn cute, do you say armour and colour too? Firefox (well it just said I was with the wrong Firefox spelling too) even says it's wrong when I type it. Maybe I'm not typing it in right? I mean Roight.

Keep it real Epi, just playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X