This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a2m+
    dont read all this crap, it'll just screw you up if you try to change your own style

commodore pickle/topgod need to get their rusty asses back into tw :P
    I love you Andy.

Mmmmm and it seems to me that Wise has pulled this a thousand times:
    "I had respect for you before [your last post/this thread/whatever]." It's getting played out.

I've also seen about a dozen of these:
    "What'd I do?..."

It's obvious English isn't your first language, so maybe you don't realize just how immature you come off as being. If I were to guess, I'd say that this serves as the impetus for the lashings you receive. Sorry. Much love, wish ya the best.
    #insert inane squad motto here
    #light likes meat. hairy meat.

Comment

• Ohya Sirius, I'm quite upset you didn't respond to my private mail. I challenge the validity of your "Mind vs Consciousness" Paper... prove it!! Where is the link? - WiseCherub

I did respond to your private email; it's the last post on page 4. I also stated on page 4 that if you want to read it, leave me your email and I will send it to you. I have many papers of such nature that I write, you can read some others if you wish.
      Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
      1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
      2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
      Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
      Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

• The blue whale is the loudest animal on earth, its low frequency echo is 188 decibels. A jet engine jet is around 140 decibels. The blue whale is also the largest creature to ever walk....errr swim since the creation of Earth. It weighs in at about 115-120 tons. Easily surpassing any dinosaur. The largest female blue whale ever recorded was 200 tons. Thats a big whale.
        3x TWLD All-Star
        2x TWLD Finals MVP
        2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

• Dodge, shoot, dodge, shoot. Why does it matter how you play?

Comment

• Originally posted by Auraz
            Dodge, shoot, dodge, shoot. Why does it matter how you play?
            Hey, some people dodge, dodge, shoot, dodge instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirius
              Ohya Sirius, I'm quite upset you didn't respond to my private mail. I challenge the validity of your "Mind vs Consciousness" Paper... prove it!! Where is the link? - WiseCherub

I did respond to your private email; it's the last post on page 4. I also stated on page 4 that if you want to read it, leave me your email and I will send it to you. I have many papers of such nature that I write, you can read some others if you wish.
              I think I sent you my email already, but I see no Research Papers of yours sent to me email address.

Thanks for letting me know this, I look forward to your emails.

Perhaps, we will duel in a different arena one that is way above this game.
              Yes, an intellectual duel so to speak, it would be even more fun than a simple warbird duel could ever hope to be.

Dueling is quite an universal concept, with many important implications that many never seem to realize.

Dueling is almost an universe onto itself, its simply amazing....

That is why this thread is probably the best thread I have ever seen on TW Forums.

Thanks to Bob (SRB) for starting it... hope you got your questions answered, rofl!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WiseCherub
                Perhaps, we will duel in a different arena one that is way above this game.
                Yes, an intellectual duel so to speak, it would be even more fun than a simple warbird duel could ever hope to be.

Dueling is quite an universal concept, with many important implications that many never seem to realize.

Dueling is almost an universe onto itself, its simply amazing....
                What...the fuck? Yes that is simply exquisite! Care for a spot o' tea, ol' chap? I say, Sherlock, what in God's name are you talking about? At least say something with meaning other than spit out words that are out of context. Jesus man, this is a forum.

Cheerio!
                Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

• Originally posted by King Baba
                  What...the fuck? Yes that is simply exquisite! Care for a spot o' tea, ol' chap? I say, Sherlock, what in God's name are you talking about? At least say something with meaning other than spit out words that are out of context. Jesus man, this is a forum.

Cheerio!
                  Don't ask me for tea, I'm not the teaman... go talk to Vermillion Flame he has tons of tea and perhaps some good advise to change your destructive attitude. Take care and good success to you..

Comment

• Originally posted by Commodore Pickle
                    I love you Andy.

Mmmmm and it seems to me that Wise has pulled this a thousand times:
                    "I had respect for you before [your last post/this thread/whatever]." It's getting played out.

I've also seen about a dozen of these:
                    "What'd I do?..."

It's obvious English isn't your first language, so maybe you don't realize just how immature you come off as being. If I were to guess, I'd say that this serves as the impetus for the lashings you receive. Sorry. Much love, wish ya the best.
                    hah pickle! md74 67 or whatever that # was I see you!
                    what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
                    http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

• WiseCherub is hilarious. Anyone else think so? I guess I have a destructive attitude now. Ahaha, oh wait, wait.. what'd I ever do to you, WiseCherub, to deserve such hate?

Ahahahaha
                      Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                      1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

• Originally posted by FieryFire
                        I was pmed on ss to come and post a few thoughts about back in the day. Most of you guys dont even know who i will be talking about only maybe 2% of you.

Who I think were the greatest duelers ever. (i've been around since before TWDL ever started before robo ref was created.)

I will name some of the best duelers and talk about the different styles that have been introduced.

pHaLanx - He is by far one of the best duelers ever. He is the only person ever to slaughter me 2 games in a row (back when i was beginning to reach my prime). He is what you call the "Mid-range" player. He trades shots with you and because of his superior aim, he would own you. This is the typical strategy that everyone naturally develops. He doesnt stand out, but gets recognition because he gets the job fuking done.

Captain Pickle - You know how you guys say Mattey and whoever are good rushers now. HE is the pioneer of this strategy. Captain Pickle from Pickles Army. He would wait for you to shoot, much like today, and chase your brains out until you hit a dead end and shoot you. Too bad we TW Elites sonned his ass in twl season 1.

Jack Kiefer - If you talk to JAck, he and I have definately had our craziest duels ever in this game. TAlking about 1 and 1/2 hour duels. We were both at our primes Frakture/Elusive days and those duels took fuckin forever. IF anyone made one mistake, it would be considered a death. Taking into account these days, we would go 10-3 like every duel. But he my far was one of my greatest opponents second to phalanx.

DawnerZ - Notorious for his lag, he is what you call the grandfather of Shriek. not only will you shoot him twice only to have him walk up to you and kill you, he actually had skill too. So, it was like an unstoppable combination .. which was why TW Elites won season #1. So when you say, you fucking lag like hell, juss say, you lag like dZ=( minus the skill part that is.

Epinephrine - I believe we've only dueled once and it was VERY close but i came out victorious!!! However, the one strategy that stood out in that game was his ROCK SHOTS. He would bounce off the rock and shoot fuckin fast back when no one knew how to do it. At first, I was caught off guard, but after a while, it gets easier to predict it. I'd say epi was one of the first to rock shot. Him and Digi would actually calculate the speed as i recall 4-5 years ago.

Sudden - The reason for anti warp. Obsideon vs Burnt . Sika Static Sudden.. this is what their game controsl would be like. "Oh look easy target, *presses control*, oh shit im going to die *press warp*, I think he's going to shoot and if he has 1% chance of hitting me at least *presses warp*

Dynasty - He was one heck of a dueler with his low res. He played 1280 when I had 2048. I couldnt understand why he would play so close until he told me after. our game went to 16-14 in my favor, during TWEL season #1. But yeah his aggressiveness paved way for a siege domination title #2 with him blood banzi and myself.

Siege vs Elusive TWL Season #3 - Whoever watched this game, will know, it was the father of all radar shot games. Literally both teams would be 3 full (2048 x 1536) screens away blasting each other on radar. You could BARELY see them on the radar because anyone who would get closer would die. TW talent was at its peak during this season. Everyone who played during TWL season #3 and is still playing now can tell you that.

As for myself, back when I had the aim and all, I would radar shot (2052 res) and juss snipe ppl. Then after a while, I began to play just like phalanx. See each other on screen fire back and trade. usually would come to my favor. As the years went by and my activity rate dropped, i would rely more on strategy (aggressive rush) to out maneuver my opponents and get the ez kill. Now, that I've finally moved on from this game (play about an hour eveyr 2 weeks or so), I just use the techniques and secrest i've learned throughout my long career in tw to win. Playing a lot will gain back ur aim, but technique and strategies are only learned and mastered over time.

thats it for now, i have more, if anyone cares but i have a midterm in a few hours.
                        This game sucks! Stop playing it for your own sakes!

What to do with the SS spare time? Well, I can olly speak for myself; I goto the gym, so if i will meet one of you faggots in the future i'll beat you up

Edit: fear, I figured out my pw! Also, before i go absent for 3 weeks i'd like to say that demonfaze and rule are true real life nerds, please don't pay any attention to them since it will just boost the only self confidence they'll ever get - from TW

Cheers, Love you all!!! not
                        Last edited by Sudden; 05-14-2004, 04:27 PM.
                        $$$

Comment

• I think I sent you my email already - WiseCherub

Nope, never got an email address from you. Either give it to me in a PM here, or leave it in a ?message in the game.

Yes, I would like to disagree with your belief that Arrogance/EGO is supreme in all matters of life. - WiseCherub

I never quite made the above statement. I think you concluded to that out of something similiar I may have said. I never said arrogance/ego is supreme in all matters of life, I simply underlined it's importance in achieving certain goals in a competitive environment.

Arrogance leads to Ignorance, thus you become too lofty and blind to your enemies. - WiseCherub

That's why you have to learn to control your perception in relevance to arrogance. Besides, arrogance correctly implemented in an environment abundant with talent usually leads towards the smothering of competition; sure you'll have a couple of bumps where someone competent enough comes around and catches you off guard; but then you get back on your feet and use your arrogance to motivate you into overcoming the opponent.

DJ PROMO told me Sirius was a great squad leader, he knew what had to be done and he made the right choices. He did not believe in democracy in a squad, instead he ran it like a dictator. - WiseCherub

Democracy in a squad is possible in a successful manner, but it would require a set of heavily competent people with able reasoning and like-mindedness. Also, certain authorities and positions would have to exist for the squad which currently do not. And it has to be understood that this is a video game, which by default makes the overall population either not serious enough, or not mature enough from which to gather such a set of people.

I may have ran it by myself, but I always kept myself open to the feedback of my squadmates, and used it to make adjustments/compensations.

I recall your leadership structure on your squad. You were always Captain.. much of time... you would only make another captain if he was on atleast equal ground with you or damn close. I think later you made Splatz a Captain... and you assigned assistant to reward the better players of your squad. - WiseCherub

Only other person that was practically on par with me concerning authority on Solstice was Escalate, simply because he was a reliable person I could trust, and he had a good head on his shoulders to make sound decisions. Splatz was captain in the last 2 months of the squad's life or so just because he asked me for the position, and considering his loyalty I had no reason to reject it. I guess he just wanted to sport a red tag on the roster, since he was too lazy to ever want to do any leading anyway.

Assistants being the better players is a common trend; but for Solstice it was simply because the better players were usually better because they took the game more seriously, and spent more time on it, and since they were more active and were serious, they would make better assistants. Also, I'm quite heavy on a person's judgment as far as matches and players on the squad go, when it comes to who gets assistant ability. It wasn't a reward for skill.

I see the logic from how you ran your squad and support to Squad running philosophy.. because it only makes common sense. Any other way to run a squad is futile. - WiseCherub

For the most part this is true. I was talking to Ripper about squad leadership a few months ago, and I told him the same thing you just stated more or less. My leadership mindset is much like that of my current squad captain [it's just that right now my squad is in a self-running stage and doesn't really require too much attention from him]; I don't really believe in distributing authority in a squad simply because I find that to eventually cause complications/destroy a squad; the amount of time simply depends on the compilation of leaders on the particular squad.

This does not have to necessarily be the same for powerful self-running squads which are usually compiled over a day or two instead of built up, unless 2 or more of the captains are really ambitious, powerhungry, or actively run the squad.

There's too much hassle involved with running a squad with more than one captain as well -

1. Mutual leadership requires mutual compromises in conflicting situations, which satisfy all the mutual leaders to an approximately equal degree, which is not always so easy to accomplish.

Sirius (6:58 PM) :
                          That's why I run my squads alone almost always
                          Sirius (6:59 PM) :
                          Its very, very hard to find people who will always agree with you
                          Sirius (6:59 PM) :
                          Especially in ambitious, and competitive environments such as this
                          Sirius (7:00 PM) :
                          That's why I'd do something like, ask members for their opinion etc
                          But not really give anyone direct power over anything
                          Causes conflict, and power struggles

2. It causes power struggles, conflict, and turbulance/instability -

For example, a player's heightened status as co-captain inflates their impact on people in the squad even higher, meaning the person's actions have more impact as well. So the co-captain can leave the squad, and cause damage by having others either get indirectly influenced into leaving, or lose their loyalty to the squad to an extent, due to the high status of the person who left.

3. It causes people to sway loyalty -

For example, squad member A got into a fight with co-captain # 1, so he decides to only listen to co-captain # 2 from now on, which causes problems with leadership, as well as a disbalance of power.

All of a sudden, half the squad might be influenced to only listen to co-captain # 2, which makes co-captain # 2 not only more powerful, but makes co-captain # 1 develop a grudge against co captain # 2 indirectly, which causes conflict in the higher branches of the hierarchy.

These are only a few negative instances of joint leadership, there are others as well.

Yes, I have learned something about this text...

Sirius Morale Lesson: Never be rash with decisions or judgements of others; its quite foolish. Be confident and arrogant at the proper times.

WiseCherub's Morale Lesson: Never under-estimate others, never be 100% Arrogant in spirit; rather be balanced with both EGO/Humility. Humility should never be underestimated, infact you learn thru humility; you learn thru failure... and then you develop heuristics (Discovery).
                          - WiseCherub

I suppose.
                          Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
                          1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
                          2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
                          Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
                          Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

• Originally posted by FieryFire
                            Defcon1 was considered the farmsquad of LAME, with Flyzone as captain can't remember whoelse...

the ENTIRE Defcon1 squad left and formed their own squad called BAckstab. hence the name HAHAHAAHH
                            <-Chlorophyll from backstab ;-P
                            :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

• Originally posted by iLDuce
                              <-Chlorophyll from backstab ;-P
                              I thought chlorophyll was DoA? Or was he chloroform... Hmmm

-Epi
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirius
                                There's too much hassle involved with running a squad with more than one captain as well -
                                Actually running a good squad with 2 leaders is very possible if you can find the right person. In fact it sometimes makes things easier because then you can split tasks and availability to ensure that someone is always there who knows exactly what's going on. It just requires the people in charge to allow the input of more voices.

What I find really interesting is the whole dictatorship vs democracy thing. It's interesting because the same arguements against dictatorships in SS are used in the real world when concerning governments and governmental systems.

-Epi
                                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                                X