This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by King Baba
    Damn, nice history lesson FieryFire. It's always nice to see how TW came to be as we know it today. I've played for 3 years now, and although I feel old - you just made me feel new again.
    Read the history the Epi wrote (it's in his signature). I've played since 2000 and I didnt know alot of the stuff he mentioned in it.
    MSN: cb3itsme@gmail.com
    http://img32.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img32&image=Rinse.jpg

Comment

• The best way to learn is to spec the good players. You see things that people just can't put in words sometimes. - Aggravate

Didn't I tell you that yesterday? =P

It's a pity you had to take the duels so seriously TopGod, I took into consideration the fact that you're still rusty, and still anticipate rematches whenever you claim you're ready. I guess some people simply cannot control their anger.

I hate it when decent threads go to flames... couldnt you just suck it up and not turn this into a flame war Sirius? - TopGod

You could tell that to Epi who could have sucked it up himself.

Don't fuck with Epi, (<3 epi), b/c nothing pisses me off than newbs who dont know their place. - TopGod

I've probably been playing as long as you have, if not longer.

you spend too much time talking shit and starting flame wars - TopGod

Laugh, I didn't start a single flame in this thread, nor in any other for months. Regain some of your coherence after you cool down a bit.

You aren't as good as you claim to be, or as you think you are. - TopGod

Getting hallucinations about what I claimed or thought? Or did I simply faze you that much that you indirectly assumed it all?

I gave you the benefit of the doubt before, but you kinda shattered any potential respect I might of had for you. - TopGod

Ditto.

The rest of your ramblings are not worth replying to, since they obviously are built up out of empty hatred.

Seems I overestimated you a bit as far as being able to keep your composure; not sure what made you go into a rage, whether it be beating you, or just some nerve I hit on this thread, but I didn't think you could be fazed so easily.

Don't bother flaming back at me Sirius, because I won't respond. - TopGod

Yeah you better keep your mouth shut. Wouldn't want to bait you back so easily.
      Last edited by Sirius; 05-12-2004, 10:48 AM.
      Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
      1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
      2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
      Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
      Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

• SiriusDot, just shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by FieryFire
          Siege vs Elusive TWL Season #3 - Whoever watched this game, will know, it was the father of all radar shot games. Literally both teams would be 3 full (2048 x 1536) screens away blasting each other on radar. You could BARELY see them on the radar because anyone who would get closer would die. TW talent was at its peak during this season. Everyone who played during TWL season #3 and is still playing now can tell you that.

As for myself, back when I had the aim and all, I would radar shot (2052 res) and juss snipe ppl. Then after a while, I began to play just like phalanx. See each other on screen fire back and trade. usually would come to my favor. As the years went by and my activity rate dropped, i would rely more on strategy (aggressive rush) to out maneuver my opponents and get the ez kill. Now, that I've finally moved on from this game (play about an hour eveyr 2 weeks or so), I just use the techniques and secrest i've learned throughout my long career in tw to win. Playing a lot will gain back ur aim, but technique and strategies are only learned and mastered over time.

thats it for now, i have more, if anyone cares but i have a midterm in a few hours.

one thing to note from that game, before that game there was no antiwarp in TWL..after that game there was antiwarp. haha thanks sudden/faith you faggotface ruined the only important game of the entire season.

oh and epi/digi ran eVox which merged with frakture to become elusive. thanks <3
          I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome
            SiriusDot, just shut up.
            I have nothing against Top, but Sirius is right :P

Comment

• Don't forget that Defcon1 and Spiceforce5 were direct enemies back in that time. Back then, Defcon1 was all staff...

Originally posted by FieryFire
              Best squads ever (warbird dueling): I forgot there was like 1 or 2 squads that I heard were decent but nothing crazy. I'd say..5 years ago.. that

LAME / TW Elites / Defcon1 (backstab) were BY FAR the best squads. ACtually they were the only 3 dueling squads that existed. Everone else tried to duel but sucked it up hard. TWE derived from LAME who had Childrn of Light Win95 Ncrawler, PHaLAnx, so its kinda like this .. a player wanted to join LAME but got denied ended up forming TW Elites (TOFU)..letting one of your players go only to have him make a supersquad of undiscovered talent. Defcon1 was considered the farmsquad of LAME, with Flyzone as captain can't remember whoelse, was the first squad to have a 30 match winning streak. Elusive was 2nd, Siege 3rd. -Final- 4th. And after we were promisd to join lame but got denied, the ENTIRE Defcon1 squad left and formed their own squad called BAckstab. hence the name HAHAHAAHH

Then came, Obsideon (reformation of LAME) with DawnerZ pHalanX Ncrawler Win95 and.... of course.... Epinephrine who juss started TW hahah newbie=) , eventually facing Burnt, who later on took the best of its kind and made rampage with all the SVS players (triple S's .. sika static sudden) and introduction of a 2048 res team meaning at least 5 players had 2048 res (another supersquad of its era).

Now TW Elites, once proud winners of TWL season #1, began to fall apart due to inactivity. Droog (one of the power players for TWE) took the best of TWE, and formed FRAKTURE. Tofu, Booyaa, DawnerZ, Myself. This is when Jack Kiefer and skater began to start playing a lot and they began to enter their primes. We merged later with Digitalwaves and epinephrines’s squad, forgot what it was called, they had players like Sudden on their roster. Rampage died out after TWDL season #2 clearly making it known defeating obsideon in a few key matchups.

So when 2 dominant squads merge, what do u get? ELUSIVE generation #1. If you ask Epi, Jack, anyone on this squad, I believe this lineup was the best 5 ever to play tw. (I’ve played for –Final- and SiEge and TW Elites (oh wait that’s like 80% of the twl winners), so my view is very unbiased. RevT, Sudden, Jack, epi, myself, and skater a close 6th=). (A definite close 2nd, would be siege when we won our 2nd title. .. Banzi Blood Dynasty Myself and a 5th (usually rotated around.. i believe elu gen 1 is the most dominanat of the non res restriction era and siege season #2 was the best of res restrictio n era.. when we were ALL still very good. We had like 50 game win streak, and we won TWDL that season with ease. Then some newbie named Crome decided to make Siege and then we had competition. But after this point everyone knows the history. So im going to stop here.

Abridged version of what really happened back in the day, anyone can feel free to add-on.

Comment

• FF is clearly on crack . I joined FRAKTURE a few weeks after it was made along with my OBSiDEON buddies. I was captain of FRAKTURE after Tofu, Droog and Booyaa (the 3 founders) decided to stop playing. I recruited Sudden and RevT to the squad (Sudden at the insistance of FF and RevT at the insistance of Sudden), and THEN we merged with eVox to make Elusive. Sudden and Static being the guys who ran Rampage/Burnt (and so yes Burnt was gone before Sudden joined FRAK). When Elusive was made the rest of the Burnt guys, Haus, Rogue Demon, Static Burn (aka Burnt) and even Sika eventually joined Elusive too

And yes so Banzi was wrong too

And yes Elusive Generation 1 was the greatest WB team ever in the history of TW never to be matched again. 52 game winning streak in TWL/TWDL.

Antiwarp was added to TWL after Siege vs. Elusive Season 2 round 1, where Elusive won and Sudden warped a lot apperently (or so I hear I couldn't make it that day). TWL Season 3 last game, Siege vs. Elusive already had anti and res restriction. I think it was Dissention, Banzi, Fireballz, Jack and uh.. maybe NYPD vs. Me, Dead on Arrival, RevT, Poozzman and Zeno in that final game. Not sure about the Siege roster, but the elusive lineup is correct.

-Epi
                Last edited by Epinephrine; 05-12-2004, 01:58 AM.
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by King Baba
                  WiseCherub, who are you? Thanks for wishing me luck in TWLD, which I assume you are not apart of, seeing how I just ?squad WiseCherub and it is "Assemblage."

To the rest of you, sorry for going off topic to address this, but where there are kids that think they know me, I'll be there to shoot them down. Carry on with the topic, I won't be posting anything else in this thread to keep the integrity of such a thread. WiseCherub, if you feel the urge to "mouth off" to me - an amateur elim player - feel free to do so in-game and keep it off the forums.

...and to think, you were talking to me about going off-topic. :up:
                  Well King Baba, in elim we PM'd each other before, and we were friendly to one another. I had much respect for you before this and still infact believe you are a great dueler. But I was just rather upset you showed your face in this thread to attack me. I was surprised that you did this, I thought you were a nice guy. omg..it was sad...

Please remember I have wise in my name, cause I love wisdom. Know this I don't believe for one minute I'am the wisest player in this zone... for that would be foolish. Obviously, you don't really know my personality do you. I'm just upset you attacked me most viciously.. omg what did I ever do to you, to deserve this.

Anyhow, I have come to some conclusions regarding Wb dueling as of recently..etc..

newb = good
                  elite = lame

I <3 Trench Wars Zone cause its the best newb zone in SS/Continuum Zone Universe. I really respect the newb attitude in this zone... its cool and fun.

I never wana be elite... it would suck

My biggest goal in elim is to get 0-10 and to get this with trying. I would love to reach this goal. This goal is much harder than getting 20-10, that you all strive for.. or for that matter getting 40-10 in elim.

What do you all think?

May the newbs have the last laugh, true indeed... rofl!

Ohya Sirius, I'm quite upset you didn't respond to my private mail. I challenge the validity of your "Mind vs Consciousness" Paper... prove it!! Where is the link?

Sirius I think has the potential to be the greatest warbird dueler this zone has ever seen, he just has one weakness. I hope he see this, because once he does, I think he'll be even better than he is now.

Take care all..

BTW, thanks for all the knowledge in this thread, much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by FieryFire
                    thats it for now, i have more, if anyone cares but i have a midterm in a few hours.
                    So sad, oh well thats life, midterms..ugh.. oh well not as bad as final exam week.. been there done that.

Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed history of TWLD and each of the major players of the game.

It sure helps us newbs get the big picture of TW Zone Warbird Dueling.

You and Epinephrine should get together and write a detailed history about TW Warbird Dueling and put it on the TW Website.

All these veterns and retired TW warbird duelers should have recognition and fame. They should have something like the hall of warriors like they do in Valhalla.. norse mythology..lol... the hall of the Mighty TW Warbird Warriors...

And all us newbs should bow down and give our respect to them for being the pioneers of this style of game we much take for granted today. They are truely masters of the warbird dueling arts.

I'm sincere about this, not at all sarcastic. I swear...

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                      I have nothing against Top, but Sirius is right :P

huh

Comment

• Yeah, I do the whole 'flying backwards' thing too..

You'd be surprised.
                        audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                        DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
                        Azreal> LOloL
                        cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

• Mid-terms... Try writing 4000 words worth of essay in a single day...

Comment

• Originally posted by MetalKid
                            Mid-terms... Try writing 4000 words worth of essay in a single day...
                            10 page research paper in one day :up:

Comment

• dont read all this crap, it'll just screw you up if you try to change your own style

commodore pickle/topgod need to get their rusty asses back into tw :P
                              Dice
                              TWLB Champions Season 8
                              TWLJ Champions Season 8
                              TWLB Champions Season 10
                              TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGod
                                10 page research paper in one day :up:
                                Tell me about it :P I had to write the equavlient in 3 hours :P. Throughout I got a 75%, not bad for 3 hours cramming work the first hour of day (during school), before 4th hour when it was due :P

Comment

Working...
                                X