No announcement yet.

Amnesti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to join this discussion about my penis.

All jokes aside I'd like to weigh in and discuss what I think is a working solution that everyone (aside from the offenders) would like. First and foremost, I'm against banning anyone for speech. We're a small community and I'd hate to see that get smaller even though Amnesti has spammed and harassed me on numerous occasions despite asking him to stop. With that being said, something has to be done because the problem of evading ignore must be addressed without limiting freedom of speech.

The main problem is that players who are ignored can switch aliases and go about doing the same thing because it's not technically considered evading ignore unless they go after the person directly. The main offenders who come to mind here are Amnesti, Tiger the Crab, Manco, Tower, and Pinky (whoever that is). The simplest solution here is to 'NameLock' repeat offenders so that they cannot evade ignore, whether intentionally or not. This way, they can keep spewing their nonsense but players who have them ignored will never have to listen to it again, should they so choose. After being NameLocked, anyone who switches names for any reason at any time should be silenced with heavy restrictions. I would propose a silence duration of 3 days, 7 days, 14 days, 31 days, and permanent silence, in that order to NameLocked players who decide to switch names.

In my opinion, this is the most optimal working solution for the issue without going to the extent of banning players who harass others. I would even volunteer to handle this aspect of moderation if needed. The only thing that this working solution doesn't address is cross-zone spamming, which Amnesti has done numerous times in the past and very recently to Turban, I believe. I believe a solution will be needed for that as well, if it is even possible. I just don't know the details well enough to propose a solution for this.

Please let me know your thoughts on the matter.
    Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy
    Shaw> it was sad steadman. ppl were saying morph was the best jav and stuff. sad times without you here
    mcvicar> the last time ease spoke to me is when he said fart and then claus said "Fart it is."
    Mythril> stead was wishing covid 14 on ppl back in the day

Jessup> I was beat up by a dwarf once

Comment

Omega Red I was never asking for any major ban of Amnesti, a simple short term silence would have been sufficient.
      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
      (10 seconds later)
      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post

example
        I log on and start being a giant twat in pub
        someone does a help call about it
        if first offence you simply tell person to ?ignore me
        staff member talks to me to attempt to reason with me
        if I am a repeat offender and clearly not able to be reasoned with, but I am not technically breaking other rules, you put the question to staff chat
        if 2 staff members agree you go forth with the punishment
        if 1 staff member says no then you don't
        Ok lets go with this idea for one moment. What about the people who abuse the report system or send in false reports? Personally I have never sent in a report going on 20 years now of playing and after reading reports of players omg you have no idea what some of you say about one another nor the language you use just to try to get back at one another.
        Should false flags get bans too? How far do you want to "Alter" the rules? Because let me tell you the reports that come in are ugly as hell. Mods just choose to laugh them off as jokes 99% of the time because they are friends with many of the people those 1% of real reports that are listened to. Well that's where bias comes in and no one mod should be making decisions thus we have a standard rule book. On that note...
        How would you feel if ALL reports were made public?
        You know...
        You report someone.
        Your report is made public so everyone can see what you said and about who..

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
          rothe There's like a half-dozen players I talk to on a regular basis who started playing this game in the past two months. We get help calls whenever new people log in, I chat with those people all the time. We all help in our ways.
          My point was there used to be a quota on how many reports and people you had to help each week in pub. If your telling me we are gaining 6 people per month. Though it was the holidays and people might have been coming back to the game. Here nor there. The ZH used to have to stay in pub to keep pub chill. Not spend most of their time in the other zones. That was the whole point. You see a ZH in pub to ask questions. The Zone Host hosts events.. helpers get the dirty work of having to keep pub in order or at least that's what it used to be. Ya had to think on your feet not change the rules. I begged and annoyed and did all i could so they taught me a lot how to host games how to do many a thing.. If you honestly want to help. If someone says mang.. X player is spaming me.. Ok what are my options as a staff member.. Hmm silence player X well thats going to annoy the sht out of player X and prob make the problem worse.. Well I could transfer him over to another arena for shts and giggles then he has to come back to this arena and wonder wtf just happened and ask me then i get to tell him and we have a funny convo and he will prob change his anger over to who ever he was angry at to me now and problem solved.. lmao.. Think outside box..

Comment

rothe Obviously look into the reports, don't just take what people say at face value. With the idea of making reports public, I am all for transparency but at the same time this might make some people send even more reports in just to get added to the list because trolls are trolls.

(10 seconds later)

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

If mods shouldn't take reports at face value why the hell are people taking what is said in game at face value lmao?

Comment

Ban RageRitual, no one will notice, and the problem will be fixed. Ban Amnesti, and this non-serious environment that many appreciate will lose one of its best elements. It is no coincidence that the best players support him. This thread is just an opportunity for some to talk

Comment

ronaldinho People will notice, it will be a lot quieter around here with me gone

(10 seconds later)

Comment

scrubnesti
                    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

• seven pages about amnesti and others.. this is exactly what they want!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadman View Post
                        Happy to join this discussion about my penis.

All jokes aside I'd like to weigh in and discuss what I think is a working solution that everyone (aside from the offenders) would like. First and foremost, I'm against banning anyone for speech. We're a small community and I'd hate to see that get smaller even though Amnesti has spammed and harassed me on numerous occasions despite asking him to stop. With that being said, something has to be done because the problem of evading ignore must be addressed without limiting freedom of speech.

The main problem is that players who are ignored can switch aliases and go about doing the same thing because it's not technically considered evading ignore unless they go after the person directly. The main offenders who come to mind here are Amnesti, Tiger the Crab, Manco, Tower, and Pinky (whoever that is). The simplest solution here is to 'NameLock' repeat offenders so that they cannot evade ignore, whether intentionally or not. This way, they can keep spewing their nonsense but players who have them ignored will never have to listen to it again, should they so choose. After being NameLocked, anyone who switches names for any reason at any time should be silenced with heavy restrictions. I would propose a silence duration of 3 days, 7 days, 14 days, 31 days, and permanent silence, in that order to NameLocked players who decide to switch names.

In my opinion, this is the most optimal working solution for the issue without going to the extent of banning players who harass others. I would even volunteer to handle this aspect of moderation if needed. The only thing that this working solution doesn't address is cross-zone spamming, which Amnesti has done numerous times in the past and very recently to Turban, I believe. I believe a solution will be needed for that as well, if it is even possible. I just don't know the details well enough to propose a solution for this.

Please let me know your thoughts on the matter.
                        The ?ignore command is handled by the server itself and cannot be changed in any way by any person left in all of SS. So if you ?ignore LF and I decide to switch names, you have no choice but to ?ignore whatever name I switched to again. However, if staff intervenes and I get silenced for whatever reason, that silence applies to any and all names I would switch to for the entire duration of the punishment. Finally, common sense dictates that staff in TW has absolutely no influence or power in other zones. So if I decide to head into EG to spam you (cross zone spamming) or to evade my silence/ignore, then the ONLY solution to that is a netban the offender, preventing them from logging in to ANY zone on our network. A netban does not have to be a long duration either. I toss that in there because they are most commonly used for the most serious offenses (Like CE). Hope that clarifies your questions.
                        1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                        Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

• i had to warn and kick him from deuces - he was also harassing one of our female members. I'd just ban his ip and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
                            Amnesti is becoming a problem for the community.

He always talks about nothing but his penis to anyone willing to listen every time he logs on. He has been a major problem for several females in our community, and we have a small amount of them. Chasing them around sending them perverted messages. And now today he is spamming people in TWD, sending out mass spams over 100's of messages without getting D/C'd while being a part of the other team. Can we do something about this 40 year old child who clearly never outgrew kindergarden?
                            ?lines=0 problem solved
                            Rasaq> thanks, Divine, for allowing me provide my oral support
                            Rasaq> err moral

Comment

• Lines 0 causes other problems.

Comment

• If you're reading this Amnesti and want to talk anytime bud, just drop me a message in game.
                                Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Working...
                                X