For those who remember former TeKs captain and baser dads revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who remember former TeKs captain and baser dads revenge

Was talking with RageRitual and dads revenge was mentioned, so I checked his facebook and it looks as he had passed away a couple years ago. Thought I would let everyone know as his name does get brought up with some of the old basers from time to time. Lots of great memories made over the years, RIP dads.
    Trench Wars' favorite cheater

rest in peace

Comment

I recall meeting DR over the many years. Haven't seen the guy in ages though but if he passed, makes sense. From what little I remember of him, he was a great dude. Very passionate about basing (least back in the day). RIP my man.

Comment

This is really sad to hear, he was a genuinely nice guy and fun to play with. RIP

Comment

Sad to hear. Hope he went easily. It's all a bit hazy, with so many people passing through over the years, but I'm fairly sure he did a bit of dev work. Might be some maps of his still up. If anyone knows what he made, we should do a host sometime.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

He was my first captain when I started basing and the one that gave me my first shot at TWLB. Really nice, jolly and super chilled and a funny contrast on voice chat amongst all the ragey teenagers. RIP dads, I'll spid anytime for you again when the time comes.
            TWDTJ Champion Fall Season 2022 (6.5 *)

Comment

Rip.
              fu

Comment

Brutal news, he was a good guy. RIP Dads
                JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Aww so sad to hear that .. rip..
                  >^________^<!

Comment

Super sad news. He was a staple early on here and was always super cool. I talked to him briefly when he logged in like 2 years ago when he did a quick visit and he said he had been dealing with a few health issues but seemed to be overcoming them. As I remember he had a bad heart. Unsure honestly but remember he told me he had struggled with some health issues. He was such a cool person who never brought people down but rather tried to bring people up. My condolences to his daughter (daughters revenge) and his family both irl and here in SS.
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Wow.....speechless. He was a staple in the community with maps and basing. He gave a lot of now veterans chances back then when they were newbs in basing leagues.

RIP legend.

I personally think we should make a map of all the known people who have passed away that played this game in rememberance.
                      FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                      SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                      TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                      #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Many of you might know markmrw from discord, dads revenge and mark have a lot in common on voice chat. Both spend a lot of time giggling at the silly side of life with their infectious laughs. Too bad we wont get to have them both on there at the same time. I am sure together they would have killed more friendlys than enemys in BD but somehow everyone would have had loads of fun at the same time lol.

I think one of the better memories I had was "story time" where we would use the text chat on ventrilo and the retarded text-to-speech microsoft sam bot would read (and often fail in hilarious ways) what we typed. One person would start with something like "one night in TJ's backyard" and everyone would take turns continuing the story with insanely childish but hilarious plot twists. There might even be logs of them out there somewhere.

Anyways he was a blast on ventrilo, got me into using voice chat. At first I didn't have a mic and had to use the stupid text-to-speech bot to speak lol. If not for voice chat I wouldn't still be a PC gamer today.

qan I know he was a big part of the TWSD map with I think riistar. There might be a private arena #teks or #rb that he was probably a big part of too. There was a big ass maze I think in one of them.
                        rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                        rEnZi> its crazy
                        rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

WorstPlayerEver
                          A I
                          MirrorriM
                          Bartman
                          lilwade

Anyone have contact with these people to let them know?
                          rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                          rEnZi> its crazy
                          rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

damn... rip big guy.

TeKs was my first basing squad, i didnt know WTF i was doing (still dont) i learned a lot from dads revenge. All the late night Ventrilo voice chats and basing into the early hours of the morning. I met Dads Revenge on subspace when i was 15 years old, im 31 now... absolutely insane how time flies and how many memories we share with people we may never even meet in real life. Extremely kind dude, super joyful i dont think i ever remember one ounce of rage in the guy, and we all know how chaotic base games get and how everyone lets their emotions get the best of them, not him he was unlike anyone else. A true mentor and friend to all <3

This map made 2/19/05 and is still found to this day in ?go TWLBTEKS for the first year TEKS made TWLB, love you all bros stay safe

Click image for larger version

Name:	teks.png
Views:	291
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1352729
                            Big Chill

Comment

if hearing dads revenge's laughter didn't bring a smile to your face you probably didn't have a soul

and that's coming from probably the most negative person in the entire zone back then

rip big guy, round 2 of every squad's next jd should be a tk round in his honor
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                              Originally posted by the_paul
                              Gargle battery acid fuckface
                              Originally posted by Material Girl
                              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Working...
                              X