PETITION TO SAVE ELIM FROM JESSUP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rab View Post
    Seems like you're trying to change the goal. The goal is to stop Jessup breaking the rules. A ban is the easiest way. All this talk of changing how the game works is a distraction.
    Yes I am changing the conversation in a direction that is productive since Jessup will obviously not be banned and it's a waste of time to call for that.
    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
      Yes I am changing the conversation in a direction that is productive since Jessup will obviously not be banned and it's a waste of time to call for that.
      Are you saying that refusing to fight is legal now?

Comment

I wouldn't say that she is refusing to fight unless playing safe is suddenly synonymous with that term. Picking your fights is a valid strategy after all, it's not like you have to always fight whoever is closest to you.

Nevertheless I can understand why she gets so much hate from the community regarding her way of approaching the game. It would help to periodically shrink the arena based on amount of players alive to prevent too much running in the end game. Currently it is nearly impossible to corner someone as an aggressive player.

Comment

+1 for shrinking the arena when 2-3 players are left because waiting around for long-ass duels isn't fair to those in spec.

I can not speak for all staff members but if I actually DO catch Jessup refusing to fight I will certainly step up and spec him from the round. However running and refusing to fight are not the same thing. I have no problems with Jessup as a person but I do agree that Jessup's style of Warbird can be frustrating to play with/against, we are not about to ban someone because you don't agree with how they play.

I am currently 9th on the wb ladder without playing much and Jessup is in quite a few of the rounds I have played. Somehow I still manage to win 50% (literally) of my Warbird elims and I am a garbage Warbird. In life you really only have control over one thing, yourself. If you can not change what someone else is doing, adapt and change your own play style. If I can win elims vs Jessup you can too!
          rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
          rEnZi> its crazy
          rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

How about a "no timewasting" rule? Would staff do something if the rules said that?

The point is there's a lot of people who believe staff should be doing something about it.

Comment

Need to petition to save trench wars from the "gang". The same people who ganging up on jessup in elim is ganging up on jessup in the forums. This is probably the same crew that gets together to spawn everyone to kill pub. This game needs more love and open mindedness. They so used to winning all the time that when something different comes around they lose their safe place. Same gang, same MO, different day different victims.

Comment

disregard
                Last edited by ag$; 02-12-2022, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzo View Post
                  Need to petition to save trench wars from the "gang". The same people who ganging up on jessup in elim is ganging up on jessup in the forums. This is probably the same crew that gets together to spawn everyone to kill pub. This game needs more love and open mindedness. They so used to winning all the time that when something different comes around they lose their safe place. Same gang, same MO, different day different victims.
                  Nobody here plays pub except you though
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Ok. Can I have your pubbux?

Comment

• Lizzo sees what is going on. Thx for telling it like it is Lizzo.... we do need more love and less bullying in this zone and there is certainly a gang of bullies out here. PS. I play pub and you are a very good levi.
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• I keep it wet 24/7

Comment

• Originally posted by Lizzo View Post
                          Ok. Can I have your pubbux?
                          You can if I ever see you in game. Gave Vehicle 1 mil last time he asked. Can prob give u the same.
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• ^ trolls attempting to distract/derail, but this issue hasn't gone away

Comment

• Lol @ Rab talking about trolls distracting from the "issue" in a literal troll thread.

I'm just here to confirm that Exalt did indeed give me 1 million pubbux and is indeed an all around good guy.
                              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                              Message has been sent to online moderators
                              2:BLeeN> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>no
                              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                              2:BLeeN> ok then no
                              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• jessup's playstyle is annoying and, for the most part, useless. she will never be an overly useful member of a twdd, twdt or twld team since shes straight up not good enough to contribute meaningfully using that playstyle. she isnt lasenza or metalkid or another actually highly skilled wb playing like this, its just jessup playing at R3 leaving the rest of her team to collapse 4v5. at the end of the game she will be 4-3 and the rest of her team will be at 8+ leaving their team down by 10+ kills. she just straight up isnt good enough to help a team playing this style. if she decided to play a more traditional style of WB she'd probably be perceived as much better.

it works in elim because its a solo adventure. she doesnt explicitly break any rules. if you want her to stop having "success" in elim youll have to change elim to make that playstyle not score highly. like i already said, in the leagues that matter, she is already wildly unsuccessful and no one likes to play with her.

i havent got a huge problem with jessup as a person. while often she starts getting shit because of her useless playstyle, it often evolves into some really terrible shit that she shouldnt have to put up with.

this is just my opinion, i am admittedly not great at this game, but if i am a liability to my team its because i suck, not because i play a polarizing playstyle.

tl;dr
                                she isnt breaking any enforceable rules in elim. change elim if you want to stop rewarding her playstyle, its literally the only place its at all effective.
                                Last edited by Zeebu; 02-14-2022, 02:34 PM.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X