Restrict weasels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpiderMage
    Jeller... did you seriously join the forums just to post this crap?

God when will people stop bitching and whining and crying about the 'lame' Weasel?

If you listen to Howard Stern, this will sound familiar:

I got killed by a Weasel while I was defending/attacking the flagroom, WAH!
    Beat me to it, you spidery magey thing, you.
    "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Remove all the fucking ships and let's form two teams of spectators.
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Hatred
        Remove all the fucking ships and let's form two teams of spectators.
        Then we'd have people bitching about that the spectators can't die so they are WAY too overpowered.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
        .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

But that would be kind of hypocritical because they'd also.. be.. spec.. tators.. ohhh, I get it. That's what TW is based on anyway. Shit, I'm slow.
          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Hatred
            But that would be kind of hypocritical because they'd also.. be.. spec.. tators.. ohhh, I get it. That's what TW is based on anyway. Shit, I'm slow.
            Slow because you keep staring at your avatar? ^-^

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
            .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Then you ask me, why ban a weasel from pure? I ask, why ban the levi from pure?
              I ask, why ressurect a 2month old dead thread that contains little relevant to the situation as the weasel discussed in it is long gone (I saw Kontrolz comment about weasel being able to recharge when cloaked and was like... wtf...)
              Some concerns raised here were/are legitimate, but due to the fact that most ships can see a weasel coming, the arguments hold little substance. A weasel can still cloak someone if they're specifically hunting down someone but I find they hold little substance.
              I had a satisfying spider-weasel duel with Wisecherub last night, the fact its possible is saying something.

Originally posted by Disliked
              Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
              +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
                I had a satisfying spider-weasel duel with Wisecherub last night, the fact its possible is saying something.
                I can use my penis to mix cement, too. Doesn't mean I make a habit of it.

The weasel has gone from a viable basing ship to a cheap toy, a suicide attacker that's good for almost nothing. Instead of actually trying these settings before putting them into play, staff just blindly threw them out and destroyed pubs. They're not educational arenas for new players. They aren't even arenas where you can relax. Sure, in days past you might have gone to a pub and found a new use for a ship or two every once in a while, and that's fine. But I don't remember being warned about pubs turning into full-blown labs just for people to experiment in. The focus has gone completely away from basing, and instead to test sessions consisting of "Oh, let's see if (ship X) can survive against (ship Y) in the spawn zone. No? Okay, we'll tweak the settings! Oh shit, now (ship X) can't survive against (ship Z) in the spawn zone. More tweaking coming up! Oh, to hell with it. Everyone just get in an LT, basing is dead." In trying to fix something that wasn't broken, you smashed it into tiny pieces. Mad props.
                Last edited by PH; 03-24-2005, 03:58 AM. Reason: My balls were itching.

Comment

I do indeed remember the good old days when i used to learn new things and be able to do new things... things seem to have gone stagnant, a well thought out new map could do the trick. is there any official policy for change of the pub map?Or introducing a pub shipset in which... hmm, lets say warbird... is hmm,, lets say pink.
                  EDIT: Bring back the cans!
                  Last edited by Theif of Time; 03-24-2005, 04:36 AM.

Originally posted by Disliked
                  Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Pub map competition!

Don't change the shipset though.. some people still use dialup
                    STARKITTY
                    A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

• Originally posted by cook
                      Its just frustrating when im in my wb and this weasel is camping in some area. He has a huge advantage and kills me at will.
                      Then be smart. Move in an irregular pattern.
                      Warbird Elim to 10

Near the end...

Snatch> heres an idea...just rush obnx...then he misses...then hes an easy kil
                      Abh Ship B> will he miss though?
                      Remu is out. 12 wins 10 losses.
                      GAME OVER: Winner 0bnoxious
                      0bnoxious> gg
                      Abh Ship B> lol

Comment

• Huge advantage? I have been playing weasel alot lately, trying to figure out this ship further, see what I can do with it and how it can be used for basing.

I assume the huge advantage you are refering to is the cloak ability. Well with the current weasel settings, you can't really Fully Cloak and attack. The drain messes you up, you have like 2 secs to fire, then your screwed.

Fully Cloak (both stealth/cloak) is only good I find for escaping from troublesome fighter ships (spider and lancaster). Its funny, when you fully cloak, they usually take off, allowing you to recharge up and commence a next attack.

Partial Cloak (just cloak or stealth), you can do limited attacks, but you have less energy for dodging. Sometimes, partial cloaking is helpful in mid/FR since most players keep their eyes on the main screen, not the radar as often.

Honestly, I find most of the time I play the current weasel without cloak or stealth. Since the ship is so small, it also helps in the dodging department, and has more energy to help with dodging. Sometimes I duel warbirds without cloak just for fun or a challenge. Since I can't really use cloak effectively now, where is the advantage?

Anyhow, completely banning the weasel from purepub is not a great idea. By doing so we would eliminate another dimension of basing, that some love or hate. Sometimes hating a certain ship is a good thing, it makes it more challenging and unpredictable.

As for basing goes with the weasel, it is effective in harassment tactics in flagroom/mid.

Harassment; basically distracting FR defence ships, this helps the frontal assault force to get thru the main FR door.
                        Why? Well ever since purepubs started, we all know there is like 6-8 javs in FR on average. Well the weasel can make a few javs in FR focus their attention on 1 lil weasel, or make them nervous to concentrate on making their special shots.

I often think of the weasel as a Raider ship, a ship that causes annoyance/anxiety on enemy defence forces; in the end helping the main assault forces break thru defences.

Players always complain about this ship, but they forget their own freq can have weasels to deal with enemy weasels; which I admit makes it harder to focus.

Ohya, I recall someone in purepub today was mentioning having leviathans that can't attach; this should be considered or possibly doing minor levi setting changes. If a slow paced levi makes it to FR, don't they deserve a heavy bomber? And plus they have weasels to worry about coming into FR trying to get them. In a way, these 2 most hated ships actually balance each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiseCherub
                          Ohya, I recall someone in purepub today was mentioning having leviathans that can't attach; this should be considered or possibly doing minor levi setting changes. If a slow paced levi makes it to FR, don't they deserve a heavy bomber? And plus they have weasels to worry about coming into FR trying to get them. In a way, these 2 most hated ships actually balance each other.
                          A very wisecherub indeed
                          STARKITTY
                          A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

• --
                            Last edited by OldJeller?! <EZ>; 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldJeller?! <EZ>
                              A weasel is pretty fast,
                              recharges quickly,
                              can use turbo and still shoot; it has much energy,
                              is small; easyer dodging,
                              has multifire; harder for an opponent to dodge their shots.

Do cloakers improve basing.. really, BASING?
                              No.
                              Would you care to mention some small changes that would make weasels a better basing ship? Ones that would not make it a clone of a lanc or remove it completly would be even better.
                              People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

• Originally posted by OldJeller?! <EZ>
                                A weasel is pretty fast,
                                recharges quickly,
                                can use turbo and still shoot; it has much energy,
                                is small; easyer dodging,
                                has multifire; harder for an opponent to dodge their shots.

Do cloakers improve basing.. really, BASING?
                                No.
                                Your complaints in your previous post were about cloakers who WERE basing. I don't know how you play, but when people go into the flag room and kill you, that's considered basing. Is your problem that you didn't like how you died in the flag room from an invisible killer? Well what would you rather have weasels do while basing? If your team is having trouble defending against weasels sneaking into the base then adapt. Don't blame your failure to do so on the other team.

Comment

Working...
                                X