This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloakers Ruining TW. Not "Balance"

since the settings for weasel have changed again, tons more of them are going about

staff are quick to talk about 'balance' and how all the ships balance each other out. (?)

the truth is, cloakers arent a balance, they are ruining the fun of the game seriously. saying that it is a matter of 'balance' is like saying: "Getting disconnected from trenchwars every 2 minutes is Balance". Its just as bad

if you are every in a unique situation in trenchwars, it will immediately be ruined by a cloaker

an example would be being in a basing duel where you are shooting through holes, taking cover, and seeing how long it can last

another example is situating yourself in one position, picking off ship after ship like a sniper, and seeing how long you can hold your position

these types of things are the absolute most fun part of trenchwars, they can be amazingly fun for such a simple but complex 2D game. but anytime you are in these situations, you get hit by a cloaker. it happens 9 out of 10 times, especially now that cloakers have about trippled in population with the new settings.

Something like this just isnt "balance". It is literally as bad as having a modem problem and getting disconnected every 2 minutes.

almost all of the fun of trenchwars is spoiled, because of the above situation examples and how a cloaker always ruins them. I cannot understand why anyone would want to make a game less fun and call it 'balance'. it just makes no sense how this happened, something must be done so players can play the game uninterupted, else its just no fun at all.

haha i thought u were going to say something about the new balance map, balance2.
    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
      an example would be being in a basing duel where you are shooting through holes, taking cover, and seeing how long it can last

another example is situating yourself in one position, picking off ship after ship like a sniper, and seeing how long you can hold your position

It is literally as bad as having a modem problem and getting disconnected every 2 minutes.
      Surprise, the answer is "it lasts until you get Xed or killed otherwise" just like every other bit of the game. And just so you know, that second one is more commonly referred to as camping.

I fail to see how getting disconnected is even remotely the same as getting killed. You came, you camped, you died. Shocking.
      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
        Surprise, the answer is "it lasts until you get Xed or killed otherwise" just like every other bit of the game. And just so you know, that second one is more commonly referred to as camping.

I fail to see how getting disconnected is even remotely the same as getting killed. You came, you camped, you died. Shocking.
        You should be able to have fun doing these things and playing against ships you can actually see. how are you supposed to have any fun if you just get hit everytime right away by one of like 5 cloakers in each pub. i dont just like elim and duel, i like to have fun in pubs too.

Comment

you might call it a part of the game and balanced, but cloakers are a thing in themselves.

these cloakers, they only reason most of them do what they do is for a reaction. its the same kinda of kicks people get out off scrolling in chat rooms, IM punting peoople, flooding forums for kicks.
          Last edited by Tone; 01-10-2005, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I've always been pro-Weasel. I loved the ship, and I thought it was a viable option for those who had the creativity required to wield it with skill. But now I am forced to say:

FUCK THESE NEW SETTINGS.

When an inexperienced player can strap into a Weasel and take down a good Terrier with relative ease, this should set off more than a few alarms. Terriers are supposed to counter Weasels, not the other way around. With the old settings, you had a few players who knew how to use the ship effectively: myself, Sarien, Rion., junin and Suckage, to name the majority of them. Now absolutely anyone can rack up kills against even the most skilled players. If this is balance between ships, I'm Elvis fucking Presley. Put the settings back and stop screwing with them.
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Hatred
              I've always been pro-Weasel. I loved the ship, and I thought it was a viable option for those who had the creativity required to wield it with skill. But now I am forced to say:

FUCK THESE NEW SETTINGS.

When an inexperienced player can strap into a Weasel and take down a good Terrier with relative ease, this should set off more than a few alarms. Terriers are supposed to counter Weasels, not the other way around. With the old settings, you had a few players who knew how to use the ship effectively: myself, Sarien, Rion., junin and Suckage, to name the majority of them. Now absolutely anyone can rack up kills against even the most skilled players. If this is balance between ships, I'm Elvis fucking Presley. Put the settings back and stop screwing with them.
              thanks pure, its true... i was fine with a few cloakers who were regular users of it...espoecially ones that go and base in the flag room and try to take out terriers, or do something cloaker was meant for. but you are right they are way to powerfully and way too numberful. i find myself playing 2 minutes then just going Esc Q because i get hit so many times over and over while trying to play. it totally ruins all the fun

Comment

the weasels are fine, yes u got more weasels now so what? weasels can kill eachother now and that is cool.

just suck it up bro
                Originally posted by Kolar
                My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by Due
                  the weasels are fine, yes u got more weasels now so what? weasels can kill eachother now and that is cool.

just suck it up bro
                  i cant, i seriously get killed dozens and dozens of times so i just keep quiting. it feels like the same as geting disconnected every few minutes

Comment

I've been crying about the imbalance the X has caused since the changes last time, but it's falling on deaf ears. I even tried resorting to bribery, to no avail.
                    The best we can do is convince entire pub arenas to all be Xs. Because apparently other ships aren't worth the time using anymore since cloakers are undoubtedly the most powerful in the game. We can't beat them, so as the saying goes, join them. I suppose that might wake DoCk> up from any fairy land he's currently residing in when he tweaks with it.

Comment

I haven't been in the game in a week. What's the "new" change?

Comment

What about the fun for the players you continually camp snipe? You ruin their fun by always sniping them when they can't get to you, yet it's ok for you to complain about Weasels who hunt you down while you snipe and kill you.

And exactly what are the new settings?

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                        .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know either since my home PC is up the shitter and I can only read forums here from work.
                          I can only imagine it's worse than what they were, again.

Comment

same as they were a week ago. Pure Hatred is talking about the last weasel change where they dropped the rocket, and upped the speed/rotation, and added x-radar.
                            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

same as they were a week ago. Pure Hatred is talking about the last weasel change where they dropped the rocket, and upped the speed/rotation, and added x-radar.
                              Then those settings are fine.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                              .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X