Weasel Nerf'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weasel Nerf'd

yeah, if you've noticed, staff fucked up the weasel due to the people crying. Don't worry, if you just cloak w/o the stealth, you'll have your same health, and frankly, they still won't see you coming. You can also use your X-Radar still with the Cloak on for the anti-cloaker, cloaking.

And another note: If you wanna go for some legitimate balance, make the weasel as fast as a warbird, cause all the ships just run away from it, and the weasel can't attack anyone. It was slow cause noone can see it, but now that they can... the speed ruins it.
    Last edited by Dameon Angell; 02-25-2005, 02:59 AM.
    DELETED

yeah, if you've noticed, staff fucked up the weasel - Dameon Angell

Stop crying
    Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
    1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
    2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
    Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
    Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
      yeah, if you've noticed, staff fucked up the weasel due to the people crying. Don't worry, if you just cloak w/o the stealth, you'll have your same health, and frankly, they still won't see you coming. You can also use your X-Radar still with the Cloak on for the anti-cloaker, cloaking.

And another note: If you wanna go for some legitimate balance, make the weasel as fast as a warbird, cause all the ships just run away from it, and the weasel can't attack anyone. It was slow cause noone can see it, but now that they can... the speed ruins it.
      dont have to say anything my signature covers it. why do you wanna go around with unlimited invisibility killing everyone who cant even see you, damn.

here if you really want to play that way ill tell you what to do. you must go to all five safes, and in each, type this: Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A. then you must shoot every rock in the arena 3 times without dieing. this is a cheat code that will give you 30 invisible super bombs

Comment

I think in some ways it balances out. A weasel can get a good shot off with both cloak and stealth on and have fun, from there they'll actually have to manuver and dodge fast which can bring some thought into using this ship and believe me, its been a long time comming.

Overall this doesn't address the weasel's overpowering effect in public rather reducing the ability to use that power. It's something at least, you've gotta admit something had to be changed so at least thank upper staff for still caring.

Comment

Messege to DoCk> , Staff, whom it may concern:

You will now probably be bombarded by this minority to put the settings back the way it was, but please realize, this doesnt mean its what most players want. hardly anyone who actually plays the game visits this forum. many dont even know it exists. i wish there was another way besides the forum to get a broader vote on what the players have the most fun with, im sure they would agree with this. it makes sense that being both invisible and invisible to radar would at the very very least cost a slow drain. cloakers before were insanely out of hand. you have made the right decision

Last edited by Tone; 02-25-2005, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Hmm, well, after playing with the weasel, you really don't need the cloaking. But, why don't we just make something of use out of it. Like, remove the cloaking options, give it a lvl 2 bullet (yellow - 2 hit killers) and make it faster, not some godly speed, but enough so it can get out of its own way. And have it for those quick flag takes. Kind of like a scout ship. Keep the 1 tile for it to sneak into those holes and distract the terr and team. Possibly give it stealth radar.

Cause, frankly, the current weasel settings are more of a gimmick ship than anything. "Oooh look, I can cloak, ooooh" .... thats all. It has a threat value of 0 right now, since you can easily walk away from the ship and avoid any and all confrontation with it.
            DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
              Hmm, well, after playing with the weasel, you really don't need the cloaking. But, why don't we just make something of use out of it. Like, remove the cloaking options, give it a lvl 2 bullet (yellow - 2 hit killers) and make it faster, not some godly speed, but enough so it can get out of its own way. And have it for those quick flag takes. Kind of like a scout ship. Keep the 1 tile for it to sneak into those holes and distract the terr and team. Possibly give it stealth radar.

Cause, frankly, the current weasel settings are more of a gimmick ship than anything. "Oooh look, I can cloak, ooooh" .... thats all. It has a threat value of 0 right now, since you can easily walk away from the ship and avoid any and all confrontation with it.
              Wrong, the drain is so slow you have plenty of time to still do the ridiculous thing cloakers do, and when you run out of time, you turn the stuff off and look how fast you recharge - fast (too fast acutally). wow you might have to operate controls a little more like a lanc does with toggling multi on and off (off takes less energy to fire so theres a strategy).

Comment

the quick operating of cloak is all about what the weasel used to be. But now its not much good at close combat due to its losing the ability to hide (ie cloak+dodge) from stronger ships, ie anything (except jav when jav is only using bullets). Spider can own uncloaked weasel. wb can too. Don't even get me started on lanc.
                Also, Tone, how can you say the recharge is too fast when it seems slowest second only to the levi? (i say seems because i don't actually have access to the settings)

If this is the way its going to be, with staff messing around with the weasel settings until they find one that WORKS, why not organise it properly? have 2 week trials for each setting (and a reasonable number of different settings), and a properly organised voting poll so that players can actually decide what they want rather than have it forced on them.
                Last edited by Theif of Time; 02-25-2005, 05:00 AM.

Originally posted by Disliked
                Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
                  But now its not much good at close combat due to its losing the ability to hide (ie cloak+dodge) from stronger ships, ie anything (except jav when jav is only using bullets). Spider can own uncloaked weasel. wb can too. Don't even get me started on lanc.
                  it can still cloak, go see for yourself

Comment

I konw it can still cloak. The point is, it can't cloak in the middle of a battle, because once it does that it effectivly cuts off its recharge and is thus unable to fight, has to run away somewhere safe. With the old weasel you could cloak and dodge in a battle, usually long enough to get another shot charged to kill the jav (its usually a jav or wb for me) you were battling

Originally posted by Disliked
                    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Bitch bitch bitch, moan, whine, bitch.... I'm done.

All that the weasel needs now though is a bit more energy and I will be happy.
                      Mmmmrrrrrow meow meeeeowww mew meow. ~swishes tails~ =^.^=

Comment

i liked the old weasel, (well you know what i mean) but im not going to complaine

yet :P
                        Reinstate Sarien
                        ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Give us back the original weasel... the full sized one. That one worked for like 5 years or more, so bring it back. It's the real deal.
                          3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                          3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                          MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                            A slow drain is a very cheap price to pay to be both invisible and invisible to radar at the same time, cheap price indeed.
                            Your signature is misleading, you act as if that's the only price. It should be rewritten as:

A slow drain, slow recharge, slow bullet speed, slow-ish ship speed is a very cheap price to pay to be both invisible and invisible to radar at the same time, cheap price indeed. Wait, that's quite a big price. Looks like I was wrong after all.

Comment

thank you staff! my hat goes off to you; you saw the problem and responded to it. this is what makes tw great. we all know that if this change doesnt work out we can always modify it again. a lot of people ahve just regained faith in the system.

i have not tested it yet. still gotta.
                              Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                              apt>yes u can wtf
                              apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                              apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                              apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                              Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                              apt>na
                              apt>ill show you pictures
                              apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Working...
                              X