Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that the terr should have L3 bombs and cloak
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
      Basing is the primary focus of publics, Weasels are not. If you want to play a weasel then you'll have to deal with the fact that they are not a basing ship and do interfer with basing, it's that simple. Gimping them or bring them into basing is the only way you'll get anything changed so if you don't wanna do something about it then don't expect it to be going anywhere fast.
      So by crippling the Weasel and continuing to feed the Leviathan steroids, you're insinuating that Leviathans are more viable basing ships than Weasels, which is complete bullshit.

Excuse me if I didn't gather up every Weasel player and say "Look, guys, if you don't start basing they're gonna fuck this ship up beyond all repair." I did what I could to use it as a basing ship, and I did so with great effect as a team player, which is more than I can say for the pussy spawners that got their way by whining louder than everyone else. If I felt like adjusting I could probably still base with the ship, but the point is I shouldn't have to adjust simply because a few whiny spawners and assholes who don't want to communicate with their team don't like the fact that they can be killed by something they can't see in their precious Warbird. Boo fucking hoo. Learn to help your team instead of following your own agenda which consists of spawning like a bitch.

EDIT: Or just whine in an obnoxious way on the forums. That seems to work well around here.

EDIT 2: j=t, maybe I'm just unfortunate enough to get stuck with the shithead Javelins every time, but the minute the base Terr says "x roof" they're all blindly unloading bombs and killing each other. Now, as a gimmick ship, it's pointless for the average Weasel to go anywhere near base, yet the Javelins continue to blind bomb with no enemies in sight and mow teammates down like a Mack truck. And this isn't a bigger problem than a small, slow ship that poses little to no threat to a team with good communication and logic? Oh, okay.
      Last edited by PH; 02-26-2005, 12:33 PM.
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
        Basing is the primary focus of publics, Weasels are not. If you want to play a weasel then you'll have to deal with the fact that they are not a basing ship and do interfer with basing, it's that simple.
        You had your chance to give your suggestions, make proposals and lobby for change just as much as Tone and still do now.
        Ok First:
        I agree that Basing is the primary focus. The mere fact that you say "they are not a basing ship and do interefere with basing" shows how your bias sits on the issue. Not to mention you were among those that helped get the weasel banned from ?go base. How the shoe is on the other foot now. The weasel can easily be a basing ship, the weasel can be used to kill LT's, and I know this for a fact because I've done both with it. Hell I was doing both with it with the older settings with the rocket.

Second:
        "You had your chance to give your suggestions, make proposals and lobby". Ok, yay for specious statements. There was no mention that I saw anywhere around even suggesting that ship six was headed for (yet another) change other than Tone's incessant whining. Which wow, really amazing how all of those topics he made were pretty much a ratio of 4:1 telling him to get the hell over himself.

In fact, it was pretty safe to assume that ship six wasn't going to hit another immediate change, since it had been tuned up not long ago.

And Mythrandir says that players don't know what's good for them.
        Nothing like making a ship have to stay visible on radar or visible to the eye, when it has so little energy as to take ONE level two bullet to kill it. (All of which yellow bullets in the game happen to be in very wide spread shots, so easy enough to just watch radar and kaboom. You've turned ship six into a feeder ship. Congratulations.)
        I say that the people tinkering with the settings can't see consequences of their actions. There's two technical reasons in this thread. There's a dozen more, easily.
        "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Pure Hatred said:
          EDIT: Or just whine in an obnoxious way on the forums. That seems to work well around here.
          Doesn't seem to be working that well for you. :grin:

I really think you guys should give the new settings a chance and develop a few new strategies. Weasels can still dodge well- they didn't slow their turn rate AFAIK. Don't be so dependent on the cloak to get away - switch up between only using cloak or stealth. Learn to fire your thrust shot better when uncloaked. Like I said before, I rarely cloak when I weasel. I spend a lot of time as a "team player" guarding mid/fr and kill ships of all types- that three way spread is killer in mid crossfire. The energy free cloak was a total crutch.

That said, maybe it could use a little more speed to make the weasel dogfight capable?
          Last edited by CloudHelmut; 02-26-2005, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Can someone explain in detail what happened to the weasel settings other than the fact it doesnt take energy to cloak?
            AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

:crying: I want my cloak back
              WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:
              tone (destroyed weasels/is a whiner), BobR (is an asshole), Vitron (tried to tk me), ZeUs!!, Tibro, pandagirl89 (is a dumb lil girl), Golden Sun (called me a "fucktard"), Exotic

disciple: "Overburn" :wub: me!

A.D.A.

anti-deutschpunkrevolte-alliance

Comment

I never said Levi would be a viable basing ship. Both are different things and bring different problems to publics... they have been dealth with and i'm saying that there no little to no connection between the LT population and the use of weasel, now, before ..ever and even now you can still (going on Seriens info here) do everything you could before that mattered when it came to 'annoying' LTs. I still believe this change was focused on making basing better and had nothing to do with spawning WBs. If you're sitting in spawn or spawning you're not playing the game.

If we balance them out in the publics they could be use and previced as a basing ship. I never messaged any Smods or Sysops about it, I posted on here and gave my ideas and believe me, I never knew of the change or how they would be doing it. I'm open to making the ship drain slower but permanently claoking and stealth is not something that helps balance out this ship's settings. I think we could balance out of the smaller Weasel for publics but in the ?go base setting the ability to bypass the intented entrance (without remaking the map to acount and balance this out) would not be fair in a league setting and was only disrupting games there.

This forum is for Staff members to disscuss issues and work out problems and that gives you guys a chance to talk with mostly staffers. Upper Staff does not need to alert the public whenever they're testing new settings or going to be uploading them onto TW. You can use this forum for whatever you want, Tone used it like an idiot but at the same time he was giving his opinion (far too often) about the weasels. If you're the manority on this topic then suggest changes, address the oposition in a professional way on the technical aspect of Trench Wars.. you can even do that now. You can't claim stupidity on this since the weasel and a few others have their settings developed often and with the publics having the stigma about claoking in general, you should be doing something along the lines of what Tone did. You're now on the other side of things, do something about it besides responding to me or acting out like a few spawners or Levi terriers cried for change.

If the propontents of the ship (you, purehatred and others) don't get out of your little 'staff hatred' bout then No, staff isn't going to change it to anything.

I think I've already stated a good reason why the change happened to help out smaller publics. It seems to be a fair trade off, regen with cloak on after a kill. Try taking a radar shot on a full size ship, for that matter try hitting the weasel uncloaked. If you guys want to drain less then you'll probably still have to take another hit on speed or something else.
                Last edited by Kolar; 02-26-2005, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I personally would be willing to trade all of the speed increase from the time when it had a rocket to have cloak and stealth not drain energy. The rotation speed is about right now. I hated the loss of my rocket, but I dealt with it. No big deal.

Even putting everything back like it was exactly when it had the rocket and no X radar, but still small size, still good. But the one of the basic tenets of the ship is that it is a cloaker. It has cloak and stealth to go invisible and cut down on as many dangers to it as possible (except to the half of the ships that have X Radar) because it is an inherently fragile ship.
                  If you take away that basic tenet then that calls for a basic ship redesign from the ground up, not tweaking, otherwise you end up with a jumble.

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Dameon angell would know, he's matthew, (<ER>, <ZH>) so im sure he would know if staff messed up weasel or not
                    1:Hydride> who we play next week
                    1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                    1:ReNdErED> gulp
                    1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                    1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                    1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                    1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                    1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

No offense to Dameon, cause sometimes he seems like an Ok guy, and I don't have anything specifically against him, but he has yet to thorougly convince me he can tell the difference between his asshole and a hole in the ground.

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Disregard the first post for now. I say the weasel, before or after the change is a piece of shit. I'm not saying its "unfair" I'm not saying "overpowered", I'm saying that it's utterly useless, and I think we can change it into something that is more productive.

I gave my suggestion : a flag capturing ship. Its small (1 tile), quick (less than a terrier, but fast), but doesn't have much in the way of damage (lvl 1 bullets, short range, like ?go hockey range), with high a) energy amounts or b.) recharge (I'm moving more toward B than A in that, but just thinking as I type). It would be used to grab the flag and cause havoc in the flagroom for the team that is attacking the base, and a way to grab the flag when the spiders cannot make headway.

and a sidenote to hydide's comment...

I was Archangell <ZH> and Archangell <ER>, changed name to Matthew <ER>, to which I then quit staff for a small stint of inactivity. I then started staff again a month or so later, under the name Dameon Angell <ER>, and then got Mod as Dameon Angell, and then TWD Op, and I'm here right now. Thats for most of you who still have no clue who the fuck this newb is right here. And do I like being a nobody? I do, far less stressful.
                        Last edited by Dameon Angell; 02-27-2005, 03:17 AM.
                        DELETED

Comment

Humble Suggestion: IF the Weasel is determined to be too weak now, keep the energy drain and give it something else to fix that. speed, rotation, i dont know, whatever, but something else other than reverting back to unlimited invisibility

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                            I say the weasel, before or after the change is a piece of shit. I'm not saying its "unfair" I'm not saying "overpowered", I'm saying that it's utterly useless, and I think we can change it into something that is more productive.
                            i disagree. there is no need for another usefull ship. tw pubs are not as fun as there used to be. u took away the levi and changed the cloaker into some kind of weak dogfighter that is annoying hard to hit. the lanc is cool, but its still no match for a wb or a spider it lacks its speciality. this zoneĀ“s pubs used to offer a lot of different gameplay and you guys are trying to turn it into a weak ?go base. the cloaker is not supposed to be usefull, its supposed to be fun. if you want a usefull ship play a spider. gtfo "balancing" the ships.

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                            short range, like ?go hockey range
                            i like that, tho hockey range is too small in my oppinion. also i dont know if the settings allow different shot distances for different ships.

Comment

It's quite simple. Everyone on the planet knows the stupidest thng about Star Trek was that Klingons & Romulans had cloaking ships, Humans didn't. Yet we were not completely wiped out by either fleet.

Now some of you want to continue the madness here? Madness I say!!

:fear:

Comment

bullshit

hey this isnt star trek. this is trenchwars.

wbs, spiders are good for fights
                                terrier -> carrier and good fighter
                                shark -> reps
                                and weasel WAS good for tactical purposes

if you all dont like cloakers then goto another zone or sth. play elim.. whatever
                                but why weaken the cloakers... that sucks

if you dont like being killed by someone you cant see then dont play trenchwars.

cloakers 4ever!!!
                                WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:
                                tone (destroyed weasels/is a whiner), BobR (is an asshole), Vitron (tried to tk me), ZeUs!!, Tibro, pandagirl89 (is a dumb lil girl), Golden Sun (called me a "fucktard"), Exotic

disciple: "Overburn" :wub: me!

A.D.A.

anti-deutschpunkrevolte-alliance

Comment

Working...
                                X